Sponsored by:

1st new mod arrived today=FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st new mod arrived today=FAIL

Well, today the lift, CAI, and Edge Evolution CTS programmer arrived. I decided to go ahead and put the programmer in to test it out. As always, my luck is crap and it just gives a communication error when you try to install any power level other than stock. It reads the 4 banks, saves the data, then when it tries to install the new tune, it gets part way through bank 2 and gives a communication error. Nothing ever seems to go smooth for me...........
I've tried the other power levels and none of them will load. The other weird thing is that their website states 4 power levels and mine came with 3? Tow, race, and extreme instead of economy, tow, performance and extreme? I emailed them, so hopefully they can get a hold of me tomorrow.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Bananarama
Tuned
PCM MAY NEED AN UPDATE...woops, sorry for the caps

Old 08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Hopefully it's something simple and cheap! LOL I have to admit that the fusion software that you use with the edge products is pretty awesome when it comes down to dealing with tech support. I emailed them, they told me to hook it up to my pc and start the software up. I did just that and it automatically started downloading files from it that tech requested. Pretty cool, now just waiting to see what they find.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:30 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Still haven't figured it out. The files they downloaded from the programmer that it took from my truck show errors, so they thought it might have a chip on it. I took the cover off the pcm and no chip, so that eliminated that possibility. They want me to put a battery charger on the truck and try it again. On the plus side, I got the power steering system tore apart so I can go pick up the new gearbox, pump, and hoses monday. I also have the factory cai off, and tires/wheels off to start the 4 inch lift. The exhaust came in too, the only thing i'm waiting on is my powerslot cryo rotors and my 35 toyo mt's with the diesel wheels. I'm praying I don't need a new pcm due to the programmer not working with it. I'm sure edge will figure something out.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:39 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Badride1, you sound like me. If will wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Good Luck.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:20 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Originally Posted by hwybee22
Badride1, you sound like me. If will wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Good Luck.
Yeah, nice to know i'm not alone! LOL I'll let you guys know what edge says tomorrow for me to try next. I can't do too much right now, because my EX is in pieces because i'm putting on all my new goodies.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:41 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Well once again my okay luck is offset with bad luck.....Edge sent an update to me and got the programmer to work. Awesome! BUT, 4wheelparts.com emails me today saying that my wheels didn't get shipped because they got damaged and they can't get them for about 30 days.....this is after they already told me that they received them wednesday and I would receive my tires/wheels in about 5 days. What do you think I did when I was told they came in? I sold my stockers! So now my fricken X is sitting on blocks because they told me they had them, but then TWO days later after I was the one to email them, I find out they don't have them! WTF! Nice customer service! Needless to say my email wasn't real nice back to them.....

Old 08-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Is it on blocks outside in the driveway?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:07 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by hwybee22
Both you guys; We all have about the same luck but is just seems like we get the short end of the stick because we don't see everyones elses bad luck, and look at all the good luck you had. I doubt if this guy has it in for you:

Old 08-27-2010, 05:09 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Is it on blocks outside in the driveway?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

LOL, no it's inside safe! Basically all they have is 3 different ugly azz wheels in stock, so I told them to shove it up their...well, you know where. I'll never order another damn thing from them after this. Now to find somewhere to buy tires and wheels...lol

Old 08-27-2010, 05:10 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Originally Posted by EXv10
Both you guys; We all have about the same luck but is just seems like we get the short end of the stick because we don't see everyones elses bad luck, and look at all the good luck you had. I doubt if this guy has it in for you:
Yeah, don't get bee and me in the same building because it will probably collapse.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Tirerack.com?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:39 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
Well, the fun continues. I forgot to order the bumper brackets for the 05 bumper, so I couldn't put that on. Then we noticed the headlights I ordered, have a curve matched to the 03 grill, but doesn't look right for my 05 grill I bought, so now I need new headlights! AHHHHH!! Oh yeah, as I got ready to put the headlights that I bought in the box, I dropped a caliper on one of the mounting tabs and snapped it off. It didn't damage the housing, but broke the mounting tab off. So now I have a $170 set of aftermarket headlights I can't use and one has a tab broke, but could be glued back together easily. How much do you think I could get out of these headlights that are for a 99-04 style front? I love the looks of them, but they have a huge gap between the grill and lights because the 05 grill has straight sides.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:36 PM
1BADRIDE
Senior User
BTW, if anyone is interested in buying these from me, let me know.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:51 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADRIDE
Yeah, don't get bee and me in the same building because it will probably collapse.
Yea but you would have an airspace under a beam and Bee..........

Quick Reply: 1st new mod arrived today=FAIL