Sponsored by: DP Tuner

NorCal GTG/tech day

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
NorCal GTG/tech day

A few weeks back, I met up with Andy (Fat Diesel) at his place in Gilroy to work on his AC. While wrenching on his truck, we talked about having a tech day at his house. Since Andy's place has a lot of room, we thought holding a GTG/tech day would be a lot of fun.

Anyone who can make it is welcome to come. It's gonna be on the 28th of August. If anyone has a trailer and you wanna bring it down so you can spend the night, Andy said you're more than welcome to.

I know I need to drop my ball joints to grind some more metal off so I can get it aligned properly, along with some new speakers I've had sitting in the garage for over 6 months!

Andy has a grille, if anyone wants to bring their favorite BBQ meat to cook. This will be a Bring-Your-Own-Food kind of event. Or we can all pitch in and order up some pizza, always a fan favorite!

If you're interested, PM me for Andy's address and directions.

Stewart

Old 08-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
It should be a fun time! I've got plenty of tools to help out, including a Bridgeport mill and a small welder so get your project lined up.

Don't feel bad about having those speakers that long Stewart. I've got a downpipe I bought back in about '01 and a HPX I bought in about '05 sitting on the shelf!

In the evening we can fire up the outdoor fire pit (old washing machine drum) and tell stories. First liar won't have a chance!

Dogs and spouses welcome. There's lots of room and the property is chain link fenced off so it feels like a new park to dogs... Lots of shade if it finally gets hot.

I'm off 101 just South of San Jose for planning purposes. PM me or Stewart for more info, or just ask!

Old 08-15-2010, 06:52 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
I am there of course! It will probably be a good time to do my unit bearings. Maybe one or two other things. Plus I am game to help with anyone elses projects.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:57 PM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a good time I will be there for sure! I have a few things to do and hopefully a few more by then. lol. What about jacks and or jack stands? If Stewy wants to do his front end work and I want to be doing my air bags then we might get short on such things pretty quick. Perhaps we should make a list of things that people can bring. I am very useless when it comes to tools and jacks and stuff.

Just an idea...

Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Awesome you guys are gonna make it. I just verified that I have 6 jack stands and two floor jacks in my garage. I also have the seal driver for that bearing project.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I just remembered I have an axle seal I need to replace on the drivers side rear. Would be a good time, I'm thinking!

I have several jackstands, a couple floor jacks, and an air compressor I can bring with air tools if someone hollers.

Stewart

Old 08-15-2010, 07:27 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Yeah, I have a small compressor as well. I am pretty good for the regular tools.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:41 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guy's as much as I would love to make this get togather, Archery season is upon us! All my free time is spoken for, The Call Of The Wild!

Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. Beautiful place, Andy.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:16 PM
milleroutdoors
Posting Guru
Sounds like a lot of fun, but, I too will be hunting. Andy looks like a beautiful place and maybe if you decide to do another we would be able to make it and enjoy all of your company.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:42 AM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Originally Posted by milleroutdoors
Sounds like a lot of fun, but, I too will be hunting. Andy looks like a beautiful place and maybe if you decide to do another we would be able to make it and enjoy all of your company.
Jeez Mark. We come to your place...

Old 08-16-2010, 08:36 AM
milleroutdoors
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by duck fan
Jeez Mark. We come to your place...
Not during hunting season.LOL

Old 08-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Not during hunting season.LOL
I totally understand. I've never done a lot of hunting, but I fully support hunters and have been known to write checks to the NRA. Since I'm 12th gen American I'm SURE my ancestors were hunters going back through Capt. Billy Bush who rode with Daniel Boone to the wild west in KY!

My animal killing lately consists of trapping and recycling ground squirrels. They've been diggin' under the concrete foundations. I've been filling their holes with fence post concrete to "discourage" them and also trapping them with dog food as bait. Here's my recycling guy. If we time it right, I could have some "morsels" lined up for his ugly *** while you guys are here!

He's a "Turkey Vulture" and they just grow on trees around here. It's been banner year for just about everything with all the rain we got in the spring. Lots of rodents means lots of hawks and vultures and owls. Damn there's 3 or 4 big ol' barn owls out there right now squawkin' away chasing each other around the trees. Certainly not hunting with that racket they're making. They roost in a couple old palm trees in the yard as well as in a couple of really, really old oaks. If you're into science you can collect some "organic owl pellets" and re-create the little critter in your lab...

Hey wait! There 'could' be some real turkeys in the yard to hunt while you're here!

Everyone's gonna have to check in with security when they get here. She's deaf as a door nail and old as the hills but she'll get her rickety old bones up and give you the sniff down...

Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 AM
milleroutdoors
Posting Guru
I think you all have the right idea, a norcal get together should provide a venue for some who have not been to an fte event. Once they find that everyone is "good people" they will be hooked, and everyones resources/contacts expanded. Thanks Andy for hosting.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you all have the right idea, a norcal get together should provide a venue for some who have not been to an fte event. Once they find that everyone is "good people" they will be hooked, and everyones resources/contacts expanded. Thanks Andy for hosting.
Very well said!!

Quick Reply: NorCal GTG/tech day