Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boys, I did it! F350 on order!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Champ198
Elder User
Champ198 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Boys, I did it! F350 on order!

I was telling some of you that I was on the fence about whether to go with a GMC 3500 SLT crew cab 4x4 SLT SRW with the new DMAX or sticking it out with Ford and going with the same config in a F350 6.7. I was looking at the GMC because of the 36 gallon fuel tank and the proven DMAX, plus the DMAX uses the 9th injector for regen.

Well after going to the Chevy place and sitting in the cab of a 2500HD yesterday, it took like 15 seconds to realize how much I really loved what options my current truck has and how I wanted to stick with them on the 2011 F30.

My reason for upgrading is that I want more power, payload, and improved mileage. Mainly payload.

I can't wait to get it!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:34 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
Now the hard part, waiting for it to be built. Congratulations

Regards

Old 08-12-2010, 11:34 PM
LaxPlaya21
Posting Guru
LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I am assuming you test drove the truck already? If so then I am sure you walked away completely and totally impressed with the new truck. The interior is beautiful and the 6.7 mated to the 6speed tranny is a perfect combo! Good luck with the new truck. Feel confident that you made the right decision!

Old 08-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Champ198
Elder User
Champ198 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did test drive a 6.7 F250 lariat 4x4. The seats are so much more comfortable and the engine is alot more responsive. It's quieter as well and while I like to hear diesel clatter, I was completely ok with the quiteness! I ended up throwing more packages on the order than I probably would have paid for if it had been sitting on the lot. Looking forward to my first tow!

Old 08-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Front Runner
Elder User
Front Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputation
Congrats on the new truck! Post plenty of pics when you get it.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:02 AM
kper05
Post Fiend
kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
Congrats on the order.
My engine has become a little louder since new but it's still quiet for a diesel so it's the perfect mix.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:03 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
I too have thought about upgrading to a F350, trouble is mine runs to damn good, I really can't justify it yet.

look forward to the pics.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:28 PM
capt caper
Posting Guru
capt caper is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm jealous. Mine was in for service work this week and the salesman gave me a loaded 11 to take home for the night. At first I didn't want to bother to take him up on it because I had a guy waiting to take me home. But I couldn't refuse a free test ride in the "awesome" 11 but I tell ya what a truck. I got 23.5 mpg on the highway and ran 18-20 around town. Plus I got the "new" smell into my brain again. With my coolant issues still hovering over me I'm looking for a x pin as I need one to order one.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:54 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by capt caper View Post
With my coolant issues still hovering over me I'm looking for a x pin as I need one to order one.
Call Ford and ask for one. They will walk you through an "application" process but since you were a previous owner, they should give you a fresh, new factory X-Plan PIN no problem. They called me back in 48 hours with one before I took delivery.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:49 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User
roadkingfl is a name known to allroadkingfl is a name known to allroadkingfl is a name known to allroadkingfl is a name known to allroadkingfl is a name known to allroadkingfl is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Champ198 View Post
I was telling some of you that I was on the fence about whether to go with a GMC 3500 SLT crew cab 4x4 SLT SRW with the new DMAX or sticking it out with Ford and going with the same config in a F350 6.7. I was looking at the GMC because of the 36 gallon fuel tank and the proven DMAX, plus the DMAX uses the 9th injector for regen.

Well after going to the Chevy place and sitting in the cab of a 2500HD yesterday, it took like 15 seconds to realize how much I really loved what options my current truck has and how I wanted to stick with them on the 2011 F30.

My reason for upgrading is that I want more power, payload, and improved mileage. Mainly payload.

I can't wait to get it!

You'll love it man....I love my truck, it does every thing I need, and then some.

Best of luck.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:54 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
If you are a member of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)your membership number automatically gets you a x plan pin. I have a z plan privilege so I do not use my EAA plan. Anyone can join EAA.

Regards

Old 08-13-2010, 05:00 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
We offer the Partner Recognition New Vehicle Purchase Plan (Ford X-Plan) to the employees, retirees and spouses of selected Tier 1 suppliers, business associates, fleet associates and special organizations having a unique relationship with Ford Motor Company.

Ford Motor Company Partners
Through the Ford X-Plan, individuals eligible for this program can generate two personal identification numbers (PINs) per year that they may use to purchase new vehicles. Participation in the program is contingent on the partner company's continued relationship with Ford Motor Company and will stay in effect until terminated by either party upon a 30-days prior written notice provided to the other party. We may terminate this program at our respective sole discretion. The following determines the minimum requirements for a partner company's eligibility:

Tier 1 suppliers:

Business marketing partners providing strategic services on behalf of Ford Motor Company and having a minimum of 50 employees
Fleet partners as recommended by the Fleet Department National Account Managers
Faculty and staff of selected colleges and universities where Ford Motor Company recruits
The following organizations with a special relationship to Ford Motor Company are also eligible for program participation:

Experimental Aircraft Association (30-day minimum membership required)
Disabled American Veterans
National Society of Hispanic MBAs

For additional information on this program, partners should contact their human resources benefits representative.

If you already know your partner code, log on at the Ford Partner Recognition Program website.

http://www.ford.com/purchasing-optio...discounts-128p

Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 PM
capt caper
Posting Guru
capt caper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
Call Ford and ask for one. They will walk you through an "application" process but since you were a previous owner, they should give you a fresh, new factory X-Plan PIN no problem. They called me back in 48 hours with one before I took delivery.
Any special reason they gave you one?

Old 08-14-2010, 03:01 AM
jdoilburner
Freshman User
jdoilburner is starting off with a positive reputation.
epiccowlick, what is the number for ford to call for x-plan pricing? my 2011 is built and being shipped as we speak? I currently own a 2004 f-150 bought new as well as a used E-350. I hav also bought new two other fords new (ex- wifes) as well as at least 6 other used fords over the years! Thanks for the info.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:44 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by capt caper View Post
Any special reason they gave you one?
Originally Posted by jdoilburner View Post
epiccowlick, what is the number for ford to call for x-plan pricing? my 2011 is built and being shipped as we speak? I currently own a 2004 f-150 bought new as well as a used E-350. I hav also bought new two other fords new (ex- wifes) as well as at least 6 other used fords over the years! Thanks for the info.
Call Ford Customer Service 800-392-3673 and talk to one of the reps. Tell them you want an X-Plan PIN as you are a loyal customer. I had to give them one of my vehicle VIN numbers so they could verify I was a previous customer. They take your info and tell you they'll call you back. It was pretty efficient and of course the PIN number makes the entire exchange with the dealer painless.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boys, I did it! F350 on order!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: