S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

SoCal Chapter T-Shirts and Other Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:26 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparx Macgyver
But I'd also like to see what else would be available.

This is a list of what I can do as of right now:

Shirts(light colored garments only)
Mousepads
Coasters(3.5 inches round; 4 per order)
Koozies
Puzzles(30 and 110 piece puzzles)
Totes
Stickers

Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 AM
justinfown1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd def be interested in a koozie, any chance you could post a demo one?

Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by justinfown1
I'd def be interested in a koozie, any chance you could post a demo one?
I could. It would take me awhile to get an order through and get one. You're actually the first one that has voiced an interest in them after I found out that I could do them, so I haven't gotten any yet. I already have to get more film from the same company that I get the mousepads, koozies, and coasters from, so getting an order of koozies from them is no big deal at all.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:29 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Alright, I tried to order some koozies to do a demo, but my supplier has them on backorder for 45 days. I ordered everything early this morning and they actually sent me an email about that an hour later, but I only got it this afternoon. I will be getting those in, they will just be a good bit later.

I will still post a demo of those for y'all when I get those in. The coasters, however, did just ship and accordering to the FedEx tracking email, they should be here Thursday. So I should have those pictured for you shortly there after.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Evan, how do you see this working?

Do individuals order from you, or do you need a bulk order?

If bulk orders only, what are your minimum qtys per item?

Are you ready to set prices?

Are you ready to take orders?

We tried to offer shirts and caps before, and there didn't seem to be enough interest and it didn't go anywhere. Distributing a bulk order is something of a problem too, because we don't get together very often and even when we do participation is spotty. I hope you don't spend too much on samples, and then the whole thing peter out. Personally I don't need to see any more photos of specific items.

I would order a shirt today if you were taking individual orders.

Paypal works great for this kind of thing.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:42 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bpounds
Evan, how do you see this working?

Do individuals order from you, or do you need a bulk order?
I will set up an order thread with prices and pictures etc of what I'm able to offer at the time of thread posting. I will include the prices for those items. The only variable would be the shipping to the individual person. Y'all can either post a zip with your order that way when I'm done making your order, I'll PM you with the total price or when I am done with your order, I'll PM you for your address in order to get the final bill. Either way works for me.

If there are two people that live together and want their orders shipped to one and split what would probably be a slightly cheaper cost, that's fine as well. I'll just get total payment from one and then the rest can be split between those two parties.

I'm flexible with this.

If bulk orders only, what are your minimum qtys per item?
It's not bulk in that sense. I don't need X amount of Y item. If most people are around 2XL(which in the other groups I have done, they tend to be) I can get by with 16 shirts and I'll get a good price and I'm going to quote y'all based on getting atleast that many.

Now, I can do other sizes as well. I even had an order for a 3T one in the TX group.

Are you ready to set prices?
Prices I can set.

Are you ready to take orders?
Once I get a sample coaster for each of the logo then I'll be able to take orders. I just want to make sure that there is a picture so people can see what everything should look like and have an idea of what to expect.

We tried to offer shirts and caps before, and there didn't seem to be enough interest and it didn't go anywhere. Distributing a bulk order is something of a problem too, because we don't get together very often and even when we do participation is spotty. I hope you don't spend too much on samples, and then the whole thing peter out. Personally I don't need to see any more photos of specific items.
I've just been shipping to individual people for the most part, so that shouldn't be a concern(I wouldn't think).

I would order a shirt today if you were taking individual orders.
I'm taking individual orders, but when I go to order my shirts, I want to order all at one time. That's the only "bulk" ordering that I(we) would have to deal with. If you want a 2XL, 2 want Ls, and another one wants an XL, that's fine, I just want to be able to order all those shirts at one time. I don't have to order so many of one size, it's more of a bottomline dollar amount that's spent.

Paypal works great for this kind of thing.
Paypal is exactly what I like to use and have been using for this.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
are the shirts really that thin??? i think my nipples might show through a bit..... if the shirts come a little heavier i would be in for a shirt (M)....

Old 08-19-2010, 05:57 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman
are the shirts really that thin??? i think my nipples might show through a bit..... if the shirts come a little heavier i would be in for a shirt (M)....
The shirts that I get are 5.6 oz.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:40 PM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I may be a little late to the show here, but I'd be good for a couple shirts, at least. XL. Already have a PayPal account. Just say the word.
Maybe a hat?? Can't have too many hats.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bryyce62
I may be a little late to the show here, but I'd be good for a couple shirts, at least. XL. Already have a PayPal account. Just say the word.
Maybe a hat?? Can't have too many hats.

I'll put you down for 2 shirts(XL). I just started the ordering thread the other day, so you aren't late at all. Is there anyway you could atleast shoot me your zip either in here or in PM, doesn't matter. Right now I'm just gathering who wants what. I'm leaving that thread "open" til the end of the month and then I will get everything and start making them.

As to the hats. I do have the ability to embroider hats, but the main logo that y'all have is just too "complex" for a 3x5 embroidery pattern. If I had the ability to heat transfer it on to hats that would be something different, but all I would be able to do is embroider it on hats and the design is just too "complex" for that.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:20 PM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Evan I'm at 95376.
As far as hats go, don't sweat it. Just do what's easiest for you. I have dozens of hats. I don't really need another. Some people collect match books, I collect baseball caps.

gw

Old 08-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Excursion Gary
Excursion's 4ever!
I'm in for the T-Shirts. My son and I both would buy them.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:47 PM
ymeski56
Der Postmeister

Received 497 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
I think we might get some trademark infraction problems with the "Harley shield" one.

Though I personally kinda' like it, I think that shield design is defensible in court by HD.

Pop
As long as you mod the proportions of the rectangle & shield to differentiate from Harley's logo, it aught to fly. Although Cease & desist orders are a cheap date for them, because they are seldom challenged. You'd have to be generating a profit &/ or a larger scale of distribution to generate anymore of a response if that. They'd probably be flattered, more than pissed. Personally I like it! (of course I ride a Harley too, so it's not a hard sell)

Might I suggest some type of border, or a different tee shirt color?

This it the design for our Charity Event this weekend. The Tee shirt color sets off the image & implies a border, as well as the color line borders. You could go w/ a dark brown line border to add definition, w/o having to get into another color.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:24 PM
lucky_strike
Senior User
to late to order anything?

Old 09-16-2010, 02:51 PM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Got my 2 tees in the mail on Tuesday. Looking good.

Quick Reply: SoCal Chapter T-Shirts and Other Stuff