1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Project ford f100 1956 new pics

Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,113 Likes on 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by Björn
Yes the truck is in the netherlands

Great to hear your truck arrived safely. I'm sure it is attracting alot of attention. I was wondering from looking at the picture of your truck sitting on the trailer, was the deck shaped that way or has the weight bend the deck?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:44 AM
ZOOT
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to see your truck made it OK. Looks like the PO was honest about it. From those pics, looks like nothing's missing. That article should arrive soon. I included some other reference material and mags you probably can't get over there. Good luck

Old 09-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Björn
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Zoot, I let you now when I got it

Got some parts out of the box

Old 09-26-2010, 02:31 PM
epp
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
sooo maybe i missed it, but what was the mysterious gadget in the glove box?

Old 09-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Björn
Elder User
that is a box that makes differnt sounds

like bells/train/cow

now its garbage

Old 09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
that is a box that makes differnt sounds

like bells/train/cow

now its garbage.............Ibuzzard if that is it
I will send it to you
But,you promised...........LOL!Actually,I'm proficient at making various barnyard noises in the seclusion of my truck,no electronic device necessary.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:03 PM
SCRAPHEAP51
Senior User
Nice looking truck! I see you live in the Nederlands....Cool, Where in Holland do you live?, I have lots of relitives there in Lelystad, and I was born in the haag, but I was very young. So I cant speak the language any more. Any how that is a great ride and Maybe someday I would like to see Holland and I will look you up. Da!

Old 09-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Björn
Elder User
Originally Posted by ibuzzard
But,you promised...........LOL!Actually,I'm proficient at making various barnyard noises in the seclusion of my truck,no electronic device necessary.
give me the adress and i will send it to you

Originally Posted by SCRAPHEAP51
Nice looking truck! I see you live in the Nederlands....Cool, Where in Holland do you live?, I have lots of relitives there in Lelystad, and I was born in the haag, but I was very young. So I cant speak the language any more. Any how that is a great ride and Maybe someday I would like to see Holland and I will look you up. Da!
I live in Nijmegen
And when you are in holland let me now

Old 10-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Björn
Elder User
Do you guys now, if you can make from a c6 tranny with floor shifter,
A Column Shift.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:22 PM
jay54f100
Senior User
Awesome build good job on the truck.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Do you guys now, if you can make from a c6 tranny with floor shifter,
A Column Shift.
Yes you can, you will need to get a shift column and get a cable linkage from someone like www.lokar.com . www.ididit.com would likely be able to set you up also as well as www.flamingriver.com . You could likely use a doner column from another vehicle and get the linkage from one of the vendors mentioned but a new one would likely be a better choice. Hope this is of some help.
John

Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford
Yes you can, you will need to get a shift column and get a cable linkage from someone like www.lokar.com . www.ididit.com would likely be able to set you up also as well as www.flamingriver.com . You could likely use a doner column from another vehicle and get the linkage from one of the vendors mentioned but a new one would likely be a better choice. Hope this is of some help.
John

I don't recommend the cable shifter linkage! I went that way and it never felt right. I couldn't get a feel for the shifting detents, it felf kind of mushy. I changed to a mechanical linkage with a kit from Lokar and everything "feels" right now. I can actually feel the shift positions and they don't move around. That was the other problem with the Ididit system, if you tightened the clamp too tight on the column it was hard to shift, too loose and it moved around some. I never did get it "just right". JMHO.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by B/B ford
I don't recommend the cable shifter linkage! I went that way and it never felt right. I couldn't get a feel for the shifting detents, it felt kind of mushy. I changed to a mechanical linkage with a kit from Lokar and everything "feels" right now. I can actually feel the shift positions and they don't move around. That was the other problem with the Ididit system, if you tightened the clamp too tight on the column it was hard to shift, too loose and it moved around some. I never did get it "just right". JMHO.
I was only giving suggestions as to what could be done. I don't have any experience with the column shift but have the floor shift cable drive that I bought for my panel and I won't have any experience driving for quite some time,lol. I just provided some links that he could check out as he'll have to decide which route to go. I'm not sure what he has at the moment as far as steering box or suspension if that might make some difference as well?? He has come to the right place to ask his questions, if something has been tried it's likely been tried by someone on here,lol.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Glad to see your truck made it across the "big pond" okay. You made quite the commitment to get it that far. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to get rid of the floor shift?

Old 10-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Björn
Elder User
Thanks for the info guys

The reason that I want a column shifter
I like a clean floor ,and when I have passengers ,they can’t hit(by mistake) the floor shifter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project ford f100 1956 new pics