Project ford f100 1956 new pics - Page 10 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Project ford f100 1956 new pics

Old 03-29-2011, 02:56 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Björn View Post
today recieved the dash from they chrome guy and placed the digi dash in it
that looks great!.. they have some new gauges I want to try in my 56
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd726.htm

and my truck has 3 paint layers dammm
only 3!..

Sam

Old 03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Björn
Elder User
Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
that looks great!.. they have some new gauges I want to try in my 56
Universal Dual Round VHX Instrument

only 3!..

Sam

Sorry I mean 3 paint layers 3 ground layers and 1 primer

they look good the new gauges

Old 03-29-2011, 03:18 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Sorry I mean 3 paint layers 3 ground layers and 1 primer

they look good the new gauges
I was laughing at the 3 layers.. I had to have my hood repainted because of a crack we found.. the first was primer and 10 coats of paint & clear... this repaint was primer in the damaged section and 10 MORE coats..

after all that, 30 yrs from now someone might think its 4 coats..

Sam

Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
Good work and keep us posted, always great to see another 56 F100 being redone so nicely!

Old 04-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Björn
Elder User
Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.Björn has a great reputation on FTE.
Few more things, and the frame is going to the paintshop.
The wheels are in great shape too

Old 04-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
You are going to sway me away from a 302 into a 390 in my 56.
Be sure to keep these pictures coming!

Old 06-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Björn
Elder User
was time to get the paint of the parts
\

The paint that was on the parts

busy sanding

Old 06-13-2011, 05:38 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
how did you get the paint off in peels like that?

Sam

Old 06-13-2011, 07:30 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
how did you get the paint off in peels like that?

Sam
I'd be interested to know as well.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:58 PM
iwanaflattie
Posting Guru
iwanaflattie has a good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a good reputation on FTE.
Prolly a razorblade many people talk about it.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Björn
Elder User
sorry for the late reaction
I done it with a heater and with ............. hmmm better a picture because I dont now how to call it

Like this but bigger it's has a sharp blade

Old 06-19-2011, 06:36 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
sorry for the late reaction
I done it with a heater and with ............. hmmm better a picture because I dont now how to call it

Like this but bigger it's has a sharp blade
That did a very nice job, how hard was it to use?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
Nuthin is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm watching for the answer, too.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Mervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to behold
Now,...that is Very interesting!

Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Björn
Elder User
Here you can see it just did a small piece
YouTube - ‪VIDEO0004‬‏

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project ford f100 1956 new pics

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.