Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 04:40 PM
LunaticSVT
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Riggers. If there are places up here in the DFW area that you are interested in and need someone to take a look at....take real pictures....then let me know, I can help out in that aspect.

As far as the breeder and ring worm issue. Let me know who it is (via PM) as my mother deals with these types all the time and gets them shut down for such things. There are some unscrupulous breeders out there and they dont care one bit except for the bottom line.

Cheers

Old 08-12-2012, 06:06 PM
riggers
Post Fiend
Bleach seems to work better than any other thing, including medications from the doctor, so all children have now had baths in diluted bleach water *minus the hair*. lol. And we're half way through shaving down the male dog so he can have a bleach shower. I'll be darned if this fungus wins this war! Thank goodness the dogs are already white lol

Old 08-12-2012, 08:15 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
rolled 119k friday night, going on a road trip next weekend i'll be over 120k.

Name:  212.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  1.10 MB

Old 08-12-2012, 08:39 PM
LunaticSVT
Junior User
I pulled a 4 to 5 foot wide tree that had to be 90 foot long out of the road that was blocking the entire road. It had gotten blown down due to the storms we just had out here. The Duramax could not do it. lol Wish wife was with me so we could have videoed the Duramax failing miserably.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:45 PM
riggers
Post Fiend
ah Sweet Lunatic, will Pm you later, too busy sterilizing my home now and using my free time up here, reading lol

Old 08-13-2012, 12:13 AM
slenser
More Turbo
I got my MBRP exhaust installed. I think I need to get the straight pipe installed...It's so not loud enough! It has a pretty nice tone, though.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,158 Likes on 1,689 Posts
MBRP is great Sam, its probably louder if yer standing behind the truck....

Old 08-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 278 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TrdLtly
Riggers, Sounds like you need a Buyers Agent. They can do all the leg work for you. Just a thought. Sorry for all the trouble. Dishonest sellers really drive me nuts.
Absolutely!

They work for YOU and not anybody else...

I had a buyers agent when I was in the market for a home. She did alot of leg work and prevented alot of people from screwing me. From the people who were financing the loan, right down to the people/home builder who were selling the house, she kept an eye out for me and made sure things didn't go south. For being a first time home buyer, she made the process MUCH easier. I felt better about everything when she was involved.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 278 Likes on 141 Posts
Loaded up the X and headed down to Sargent for a Guys weekend. We went down to the beach, fished, knocked back a few brews, and cut loose.

A buddy of mine came down with his 2007 F350
Name:  IMG_4405.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  181.1 KB

We hit the beach and got right to fishing.
Name:  IMG_4440.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  208.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4442.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  276.0 KB

Fish weren't biting, the wind was blowing, and the tide wasn't good, so I decided to venture off and go explore. It was all fun and games until I hit some deep sand and got stuck....

Name:  IMG_4443.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  291.5 KB

What you don't see in the pic above is the differential and the rear passenger side wheel buried. I picked up the phone to call the guys to pull me out and I guess they kinda figured because they were already on their way to come find me.

After some serious yanking, pulling, digging, and positioning, we were able to get my truck out of the sand and back to the beach we were at.

Name:  IMG_4444.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  260.5 KB

I still have a momento securely attached to my truck...

Name:  IMG_4481.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  234.4 KB

We headed back to the house and had some Turducken for dinner. This is the only pic I have of it since it didn't last long.

Name:  IMG_4476.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  202.6 KB

All in all it was an awesome and MUCH needed weekend.

Lessons, however, were learned from this weekend....

Aside from my truck being 2wd, two bigger factors came were to blame for my truck getting stuck in the deep stuff.

-My BFGs are low on tread, they still grip well on the road, but need to be replaced. The timing wasn't quite right and I missed a good opportunity at Discount Tire to get them replaced well before the trip.

-The biggest reason why I got stuck is the fact my truck has an open differential. If I had either a Detroit Trutrac or even the OEM Ford Limited Slip with enough clutches, I wouldn't have gotten stuck so easily and probably stood a better chance of digging myself out. So to that end, I'll be looking into either a Detroit Trutrac or a well clutched OEM unit...

Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 AM
slenser
More Turbo
Originally Posted by GIGGER
MBRP is great Sam, its probably louder if yer standing behind the truck....
I was hoping I could hear it over the noise of the Diesel knock. The only time I do is when I'm full throttle.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:28 PM
riggers
Post Fiend
Well I had the two cats secluded in my house because I want to make sure they are completely cured before I let them around the girls again and they were both going nuts all night to be let out of the bathroom. Well this morning we woke up, and the female cat was missing from the bathroom. We could hear her meowing but not find her. We finally figured out somehow she got into the ducting for the a.c./heat. We spent 2 hrs climbing under the house and opening vents and reaching aroudn trying to get her out when she finally stopped meowing for quite some time and I thought it was like 90 something outside she probably died in there. I was in the middle of screwing the vent back on with this freaking cat walked right in the room. What the F? I STILL can't figure out how she got in there, OR how she got out.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:49 PM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by riggers
Well I had the two cats secluded in my house because I want to make sure they are completely cured before I let them around the girls again and they were both going nuts all night to be let out of the bathroom. Well this morning we woke up, and the female cat was missing from the bathroom. We could hear her meowing but not find her. We finally figured out somehow she got into the ducting for the a.c./heat. We spent 2 hrs climbing under the house and opening vents and reaching aroudn trying to get her out when she finally stopped meowing for quite some time and I thought it was like 90 something outside she probably died in there. I was in the middle of screwing the vent back on with this freaking cat walked right in the room. What the F? I STILL can't figure out how she got in there, OR how she got out.
Who needs TV.... just sit around and wait for the next episode of "Riggers Farm Adventures". If it wasn't for you, Riggers... and TD burying his X it sure would be boring around here. LOL Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
It was all fun and games until I hit some deep sand and got stuck....

I bet you didn't air your tires down!

I hit Pismo Beach with a few buds this past weekend and the Ex was a freaking BEAST! It tore UP the sand dunes!

I need to upload some pics and post 'em up.

Stewart

Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Took the big girl on a moderate rock trail today. Semi epic. High centered the front differential one time and had to winch off the obstacle. Also tore the boot off one of the steering stabilizers, no damage luckily. Did surprisingly well for the weight. The trail was really wide so it wasn't too bad. My trail buddy behind me said he took some pics. I hope so, I really want to see em!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:14 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 931 Likes on 679 Posts
Watch for a scratch on the stablizer shaft. I did the same with a boot, put a little scratch in the ram and she leaked and leaked and leak...

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?