Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 03:18 PM
BatteriesNotIncluded
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New, new RedHead steering box went in yesterday. New P/S pump went in today. Also took the time to install new leaf spring bump stops, fix a sticking caliper and grease the drivetrain slip yoke.

In the past six months, the following work has been done to the beast:

Regeared from 3.73 to 4.30
SCT street tuner with custom tunes
New Banks Headers (and new exhaust system)
New Motorcraft spark plugs, coils and boots
New PowerStop brake rotors and pads on all corners
New TrailRidge auto-fold truck side mirrors
New catalytic converter
New Jones 3030XL muffler
New auto/lock hubs
New shocks
Leaf springs (front and back) replaced
New tie rods
New Center link
New Steering dampener
New ball joints
All fluids and filters are brand new
Chrome grill upgrade

She's a new truck all right:

Old 07-22-2019, 04:08 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Truck is looking good battery-less one.

Sold my boat last year, just wasn't using it enough. Boats are great when you are out on one.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:01 PM
01__Excursion
Cargo Master
Received 296 Likes on 233 Posts
My actual boat gets used maybe 3 times a year, it's been out for Memorial weekend so far. It's 2.5 years old and lives in the garage, so it's always there when I'm ready.
The Pontoon got used once last year only.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:27 PM
jamesbfishin
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Boating" this year has been lack luster for sure. Im usually in the water by the first week of April. In February I got a really good deal on an all new electronics package from Garmin, radar, 12" multifunction display, one sonar transducer has chirp, side scan, and clear view, the second Panoptix transducer has live view. Ran the boat with an angle gauge so I can measure if the radar mount would need wedge to stay level while the boat is running and developed an issue. Mechanic looked at the Yamaha 250, and although technically still running, it was a time bomb, and I wasnt going to be caught 40-50 miles offshore without power. So now she has a 250 Evinrude Etec HO pushing it along.

The EX was more than happy to help move the boat around to its various appointments to get her fixed

Old 07-24-2019, 01:28 AM
RebelRoad
New User
Originally Posted by bluovl
Reinstalled the front sway bar with extended end links for lifted trucks from Hellwig. Part #7977
What size lift are you running? I keep getting a clunking in my Drivers side (before and after the 3” rough country lift) wondering if I need to replace mine or extend them.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:12 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 830 Likes on 570 Posts
Last year the exit tube on my Aeroturbine 3030XL muffler snapped off at the weld to the muffler body, I TIG welded it back on and all was fine. Then while in Warm Springs GA in May the inlet tube snapped off at the weld. We wired the exhaust up to keep it from dragging and continued ion our trip (and two more shorter camping trips since then....). It really wasn't very load with the headers feeding the cat then to an open pipe, was still easy to listen to the radio and have conversation. Yesterday I attempted to do the weld repair to the inlet tube and found that my welder has a bad gas solenoid, so no welding here. Made the repair with a section of 3" tube and more clamps than I wanted but at least now the exhaust exits out the tailpipe in the rear. The straight piped exhaust isn't much different than the muffler was, just a bit more raspy but I can live with it at least until the welder is fixed and I have the time to readdress the exhaust.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:01 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Did you try tapping on the solenoid as you hit the trigger?

Old 07-24-2019, 08:35 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 830 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Did you try tapping on the solenoid as you hit the trigger?

No Andy, I really didn't try anything much other than a few dirty looks and cursing........ I needed to get the EX back together yesterday as I work 12 hours today and tomorrow then pull out for a trip first thing Friday. When I do get back home and have time to mess with the welder (cheap Chinese multi process unit, TIG/stick/plasma) I will give that a try first thing as it worked fine last time it was used then has sat for a couple of months unused before yesterday. Gummed up/stuck/lazy solenoid seems likely from sitting, hopefully it will be that simple. I also need to find a decent cheap-ish 220 volt MIG, my old little 110 unit just doesn't have enough juice sometimes and always seems to want to have drive wheel issues. A more powerful MIG would be more useful for the projects that I do, quicker and simpler than the TIG. And I have a pair of kayak & bike racks to build for our and a friends camper rear hitches.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:08 PM
Deagle12
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Getting ready to leave tomorrow for a two week road trip out west, visiting some national parks.

Going to park on BLM/Nat Forest land and sleep in the excursion.

Center console, rows 2 and 3 removed.

Built a frame to lay a full mattress perfectly flat, and store tools/clothes underneath.

Oils/distilled water going above the spare tire, put a shoe rack on the opposite window to hold misc items.

Ran a cargo net overhead on the third room seatbelt holder to have even more storage space.

Used the second row grab handles to hang curtains. Gives some privacy and still have easy access to the driver's seat with the console out.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:45 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Deagle12
Getting ready to leave tomorrow for a two week road trip out west, visiting some national parks.

Going to park on BLM/Nat Forest land and sleep in the excursion.

Center console, rows 2 and 3 removed.

Built a frame to lay a full mattress perfectly flat, and store tools/clothes underneath.

Oils/distilled water going above the spare tire, put a shoe rack on the opposite window to hold misc items.

Ran a cargo net overhead on the third room seatbelt holder to have even more storage space.

Used the second row grab handles to hang curtains. Gives some privacy and still have easy access to the driver's seat with the console out.
This is the vehicle to do that sort of thing. Have fun!

Old 07-24-2019, 08:58 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
Packing up and loading the Ex for a trip to Ocean City, MD, not towing a trailer this time.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Deagle12
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
This is the vehicle to do that sort of thing. Have fun!
It absolutely is! Thanks!!

Old 07-25-2019, 05:35 AM
mikenamys
Senior User
stuff

After replacing the broken steering box bolts, finally had enough with the crappy suspension...Put a 3" Rancho lift on mainly to replace the front springs, but perfect height...I can still fit in my garage! also added the dual stabilizer kit also.Anyways, here she is....

Old 07-25-2019, 05:55 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 929 Likes on 677 Posts
Looking great Mike.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:29 PM
Flyboy1100
Laughing Gas
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Drove it after it sitting for a week+ been driving my “new” 2017 chev 3500hd, it was my father’s truck. Makes the excursion feel like a small SUV

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?