Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-28-2019, 06:29 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Drove about 2300 miles in the last 3 days. Gainesville FL and back, empty trailer there, full back. Made a stop on the way there in Ohio and picked up a part, THANKS Matt! The hills were not nice to me as the outside ambient temp was around 100* the whole time. Just had to maintain pedal position on the uphill runs, some ending up with my speed around 45mph.....while semis are passing me laughing. Trans temp remained about 110* over ambient, highest temp reaching about 208* but cooled quickly on the downside.

So, after this trip, having the same in a couple of months, Im upgrading to the big 6 oh cooler (from the medium sized one) and also changing up the turbo combo. I have an ATS inlet and will be using a billet standard vein impeller.

Anyway, heres a shot of the rig outside the hotel on the way home.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:32 AM
rustrocket84
Freshman User
rustrocket84 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
Drove about 2300 miles in the last 3 days. Gainesville FL and back, empty trailer there, full back. Made a stop on the way there in Ohio and picked up a part, THANKS Matt! The hills were not nice to me as the outside ambient temp was around 100* the whole time. Just had to maintain pedal position on the uphill runs, some ending up with my speed around 45mph.....while semis are passing me laughing. Trans temp remained about 110* over ambient, highest temp reaching about 208* but cooled quickly on the downside.

So, after this trip, having the same in a couple of months, Im upgrading to the big 6 oh cooler (from the medium sized one) and also changing up the turbo combo. I have an ATS inlet and will be using a billet standard vein impeller.

I just purchased and installed the Mishimito 37 row from RiffRaff. Easy install and no problem with the fit. I did go a step further than their instructions, which were really good and removed the front bumper. The extra space was worth the effort it took.

Now I just need to finish my interior projects that got pushed forward due to a car thief. Amazing what a tweaker can do in 24 hours. I've had to replace almost every door and body panel on the inside. Finding them has been the hardest part.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Stay Puff lives on!
Actually yes she does, alot of the parts from Stay Puft's engine helped resurrect Rudolph December 2017.

My Franken truck also has a part from AlaskanEx 2000 V10 he totaled too.

Old 05-28-2019, 12:13 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Actually yes she does, alot of the parts from Stay Puft's engine helped resurrect Rudolph December 2017.

I have Stay Puft’s rims, shocks, track bar, shackles, hangers and one STT Pro tire.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:19 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
The backup sensor lives on!

Old 05-28-2019, 04:51 PM
jasonodsky
Posting Guru
jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
Polished the headlights to get them looking so-so compared to yellow. Anyone have a clean set of factory '03-'04 headlights sitting around?

Finished properly wiring my air horns (cheap Wolo's). Now their on a relay and a separate push button so they don't trip the fuse. Installed them 6+ years ago and finally got the wiring done. Woot!

Drove around all day on Memorial day with a full country boy 'murican flag off the back too I love my truck.

Jasonodsky

Old 05-29-2019, 05:27 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Akex lives in the city where you get hosed in alaska, i live in palmer alaska and we pay a one time fee of 180$ for the lifetime you own the vehicle for registration here.

Old 05-30-2019, 05:39 PM
jasonodsky
Posting Guru
jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
Drove my Ex to the local Meijer today. Scored Sylvania Silverstar 9007 headlight bulbs for $3.75 a piece on clearance. I bought all nine that they had left. That works out to the same price as buying one pair. Will be a good upgrade since I just polished the headlights a week ago.

jasonodsky

Old 05-30-2019, 06:48 PM
msuser92
Senior User
msuser92 has a very good reputation on FTE.msuser92 has a very good reputation on FTE.msuser92 has a very good reputation on FTE.

You're Welcome. Glad you could use it.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:43 PM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
So on my trip down south, I was noticing what appeared to be my pass headlamp beam out of adjustment, but different at times. So when I finally got time to wash the bugs off the front, I noticed that my RH headlamp was pushed way in on the upper inner corner. Didnt remember hitting anything so I investigated. Found this broken part. Its the one with the crazy clip, which I actually found stuck lower in the core support. Not having time to do the 05 swap just yet, and after searching the gurgler, I cannot find this part anywhere. I actually only need the screw with the white plastic part on it. Its a press fit onto the screw head. Anyone know where I can get one or have a handful of them?

I also changed the oil this morning. got 10 qts out....ugh. After that, went to get a couple of loads of wood for my building. As soon as I pulled in the driveway, it started monsooning. Oh well, stay dry today, air nailer tomorrow.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:19 PM
geekwithoutacause
Elder User
geekwithoutacause is starting off with a positive reputation.
So on my trip down south, I was noticing what appeared to be my pass headlamp beam out of adjustment, but different at times. So when I finally got time to wash the bugs off the front, I noticed that my RH headlamp was pushed way in on the upper inner corner. Didnt remember hitting anything so I investigated. Found this broken part. Its the one with the crazy clip, which I actually found stuck lower in the core support. Not having time to do the 05 swap just yet, and after searching the gurgler, I cannot find this part anywhere. I actually only need the screw with the white plastic part on it. Its a press fit onto the screw head. Anyone know where I can get one or have a handful of them?

I also changed the oil this morning. got 10 qts out....ugh. After that, went to get a couple of loads of wood for my building. As soon as I pulled in the driveway, it started monsooning. Oh well, stay dry today, air nailer tomorrow.
try the junk yard ?

Old 06-01-2019, 05:35 PM
PrescottIce
Elder User
PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think I have one that didn't break when I removed mine, but the problem is all the ones with that many years on them have shrunken some and become brittle - they're not far from going down the same road yours went. I don't know of a repro source for them.

If you run out of options, let me know and I'll dig around for the one I *think* I have.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:15 PM
05XCRSN
Junior User
05XCRSN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Pro pride

Installed the pro pride 3P trailer hitch. Posted it on the towing forum. Its like driving a box truck in the wind.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:31 PM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by PrescottIce View Post
I think I have one that didn't break when I removed mine, but the problem is all the ones with that many years on them have shrunken some and become brittle - they're not far from going down the same road yours went. I don't know of a repro source for them.

If you run out of options, let me know and I'll dig around for the one I *think* I have.
Thanks. Trying to find plastic parts that old that are still 'juicy' is tough. Where you are Im sure plastic turns to dust. I'll make a few calls tomorrow. I may also call A1 and do some begging.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:10 PM
EXSwap
Elder User
EXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to beholdEXSwap is a splendid one to behold

Can't tell if this is the correct one by your picture, but might be it. I need to dig into this a bit as my header panel was removed for the swap and I can't remember if I broke any parts in the process. Don't think I did, but that doesn't mean I won't putting it back together.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...SABEgKlhfD_BwE

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.