Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-23-2019, 11:42 AM
geekwithoutacause
Elder User
geekwithoutacause is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
This was a while ago, but I put some reflective tape on the back doors and hatch so they light up your world when they are open at night.

Got some plans for the long weekend, mainly a deep clean.

all of a sudden? I had my CRZ before my Excursion.
Do you park it in the back of the EX and drive it around that way ? :-)

Old 05-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
i was hearing something of california banning older diesels like the 7.3 in 2020

Old 05-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
i was hearing something of california banning older diesels like the 7.3 in 2020
Start reading from this post: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17999211

Stewart

Old 05-24-2019, 06:52 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post

I thought they already did?

Our 01 7.3 work truck came from Cali right after "I thought" they banned them.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:08 AM
96firephoenix
Elder User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
drove the Ex to work today as I'd hit a massive pothole with the CRZ that I think toasted the rear wheel bearing.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:22 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by geekwithoutacause View Post
Do you park it in the back of the EX and drive it around that way ? :-)

I checked and my Metros wont fit inside the rear of the EX (I have two of them).

I don't drive my EX or the Metro in the salty Winter, so I have this other lifted 4X4 SUV (also green with 4.88 gears ) for the Winter and year round utility trailer jobs.

Yes, the Metro is light and not the best car to be in a crash with, but it's much more survivable than being on my Honda VTX1300 motorcycle in the same situation.
To me, commuter miles and around town errands are not a whole lotta fun, so I bought a Metro to make it a game where I'm always trying to beat my best MPG tankful. It keeps me more involved and alert during those otherwise mind numbing miles, I may not be going very fast, but I'm winning the game I'm playing.

If you want to think of me as a tree hugger, that's OK, I do like being outdoors and would rather be in the woods than near a city. But I am not expecting the Sierra Club to give me any awards anytime soon. We have 12 motor vehicles here at the house with a total of 58 spark plugs (not counting 2 cars that are organ donors ) and short of testing nuclear weapons I think they have my job at the top of their dislike list, Refinery Operator. I make millions of gallons of diesel and gas every day.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:41 AM
BassFantasizer
Postmaster
BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
I checked and my Metros wont fit inside the rear of the EX (I have two of them).

I don't drive my EX or the Metro in the salty Winter, so I have this other lifted 4X4 SUV (also green with 4.88 gears ) for the Winter and year round utility trailer jobs.

Yes, the Metro is light and not the best car to be in a crash with, but it's much more survivable than being on my Honda VTX1300 motorcycle in the same situation.
To me, commuter miles and around town errands are not a whole lotta fun, so I bought a Metro to make it a game where I'm always trying to beat my best MPG tankful. It keeps me more involved and alert during those otherwise mind numbing miles, I may not be going very fast, but I'm winning the game I'm playing.

If you want to think of me as a tree hugger, that's OK, I do like being outdoors and would rather be in the woods than near a city. But I am not expecting the Sierra Club to give me any awards anytime soon. We have 12 motor vehicles here at the house with a total of 58 spark plugs (not counting 2 cars that are organ donors ) and short of testing nuclear weapons I think they have my job at the top of their dislike list, Refinery Operator. I make millions of gallons of diesel and gas every day.

An honorary "I love my carbon footprint" bumper sticker to you!

Old 05-24-2019, 10:51 AM
geekwithoutacause
Elder User
geekwithoutacause is starting off with a positive reputation.

Just ribbin ya man.. Your state must love you if all those vehicles are registered. Not to mention insurance.
I used to do the same for commutes. Drove an old prizm that was the cheapest car to drive ever. Bought it used from an old lady. Added about 110K miles to it over about 10 years then sold it. I think it cost me about 1500 total in depreciation. Had to do some maintenance but overall it was the cheapest car ever by a long shot. The high school kid who bought it was thrilled to see how well it still worked and looked. Even the paint was still good and shiny.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Just ribbin ya man.. Your state must love you if all those vehicles are registered. Not to mention insurance.
I used to do the same for commutes. Drove an old prizm that was the cheapest car to drive ever. Bought it used from an old lady. Added about 110K miles to it over about 10 years then sold it. I think it cost me about 1500 total in depreciation. Had to do some maintenance but overall it was the cheapest car ever by a long shot. The high school kid who bought it was thrilled to see how well it still worked and looked. Even the paint was still good and shiny.
Some of us are addicted to vehicles. 8 cars here, 5 trailers and 1 boat. All of the pistons keep me in the garage.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:28 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Yes, the state does love me, 7 of those rides are fully registered and insured, but 2 will be up for sale this Summer. 2 are boats that are also registered and insured, 2 quads that the state says need to be registered are not and currently the '69 Camaro ragtop is sitting awaiting funding for its resurrection. We are looking at retirement and a possible relocation in about 4 years, so it's time to start thinning things down a little.
My current driver Metro, the XFi was bought 3 years ago with 46K original miles on it in GA, it had always been garaged by it's 3 previous owners and is completely rust and corrosion free, I paid $650 for it with a bad ECM. $100 bought me a good used ECM and now it runs like a top. The fuel cost savings these 2 Metros have delivered compared to the EX and previous Chevy pickup DD that both saw 14-ish MPGs has paid for both of the Geos, the Suzuki Vitara and their registrations and insurance costs. My Son and Wife both have newer cars but my '05 Ex is the newest car that I personally have. The XFi is like driving a gocart with heat, AC and a radio and it generates a surprising amount of conversations with strangers.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:45 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.

Dude, with the new(er) meats on the EX, you need to change that "skipped leg day" shot you have in your sig.

Old 05-24-2019, 12:40 PM
BassFantasizer
Postmaster
BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Excurvelle View Post
Some of us are addicted to vehicles. 8 cars here, 5 trailers and 1 boat. All of the pistons keep me in the garage.
One needs balance in one's life.

You need more boats...

Old 05-24-2019, 10:42 PM
RedLance
New User
RedLance is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I got my pre pump filter mounted to the bottom of the middle seat bolts, with a stainless steel bracket that I made. As I recall the nuts are M14x1.5

Old 05-25-2019, 02:15 AM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
I thought they already did?

Our 01 7.3 work truck came from Cali right after "I thought" they banned them.
Some fleet owners began selling there soon to be non compliant trucks a couple of years earlier than the otherwise scheduled ban in order to get ahead of the tsunami of other sellers who were not paying attention to the evolving laws until they suddenly became enforceable (also long planned and announced years earlier) via the power of DMV registration.

So yes, effective January 1, 2020, a 2001 7.3L commercial truck over 14,000 lbs GVWR will be banned from operating in California (with a few narrow and strict exceptions). The banning is inevitable, as it was passed by the state legislature over a decade ago, codified into law, and refined by regulation approved by the State board having jurisdiction over these matters. So even though it is perfectly fine to operate that truck on California highways today, as of this year, for all future renewal notices due to be sent for registration next year, the effected trucks will be ineligible for registration. That is obviously a problem.

Those who were not paying attention will suddenly be surprised by this problem, and that will likely increase the supply of 2000-2003 7.3L work trucks over 14K GVWR. Savvy fleet owners and managers began selling off vehicles that were scheduled to be banned well in advance of this predicted softening of the market (actually, a collapse of the market locally, with the only saving grace being the higher demand outside of California for non emissions equipped diesels).

Bottom line, the trucks were banned by the scheduled inevitability of a state forced retirement, but the enforceable activation of that ban was not scheduled to take place until January 1, 2020. And the state is right on schedule.

No part of this topic tangent effects Excursion owners.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:47 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Some of you poor guys in the lower 48 get raked over the coals for registration and taxation.

Personally I have 4 vehicles registered, insured and ready to rock and roll daily currently. Others that are sitting for now. But they cost me zero. Registration is $170/Bi-Yearly and roughly $400/month on insurance (2 full coverage and 2 liability). We have a lot more vehicles i have access to and get to enjoy but donít have to pay for luckily.

Currently out of the 14 vehicles in the driveway the smallest engine is a 4.7L V8 Toyota Tundra. This is a V8/V10 household. For sure.

My 4 main babies, the F150 is my main commuter and my other half drives my 300C mostly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.