Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-22-2019, 02:42 PM
jasonodsky
Posting Guru
jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by geekwithoutacause View Post
Go wash out your mouth with soap.
Hahaha I also own a 2015 Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid and have a 2012 Nissan LEAF (pure electric).

Cant beat 45mpg on the highway with the Fusion. Around town with consistent nightly plug in, Iíve seen up to 86mpg for months at a time.😳

My wife didnít stop at a gas station for two whole years driving the LEAF.😳

So so I guess Iíve got a real foul mouth. 😱

Old 05-22-2019, 02:43 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Elder User
NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
Super exciting...
new...
windshield
<womp womp>

Hoping it stops my slow drip issue in heavy rains, but the tech said the water might be coming from the roof rack screws, so I'll have to keep an eye out in the next rainfall. Not hard to miss drips of water landing on your hand whilst you drive...

Old 05-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Guys, no politics in the tech forums, not even the conversation threads in the tech forums. Politics can only be posted about in the Club forum.

Thanks.

Stewart
Party pooper...

Old 05-22-2019, 03:00 PM
geekwithoutacause
Elder User
geekwithoutacause is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by jasonodsky View Post
Hahaha I also own a 2015 Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid and have a 2012 Nissan LEAF (pure electric).

Cant beat 45mpg on the highway with the Fusion. Around town with consistent nightly plug in, Iíve seen up to 86mpg for months at a time.😳

Good thing you have an EX to compensate for all that.

My 6.2 gets 45 mpg on the highway...........

Downhill wind in the back...lol

Old 05-22-2019, 03:35 PM
Tbug05LTD
Senior User
Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.
Installed new Motorcraft fuel pump assembly, filler neck, fill/vent hoses and new evaporated sensor. While the tank was down I wire brushed the tank skid plate and coated with POR15.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:30 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Nicmike View Post
Party pooper...
It comes with the red font.

Stewart

Old 05-23-2019, 06:07 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation

So is the new to her C-Max replacing the '12 Leaf? Does the 7 year old Leaf still have the original battery pack? Sounds like that Fusion Energi is doing pretty good!
My daily driver is a '94 Geo Metro XFi that I have gotten 62/63 MPG regularly on my 50/50 mix of town/highway driving. I have plans for a tire and wheel upsize to 14"s and a couple more aero tweeks that will hopefully get me to my 70 MPG target.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:38 AM
geekwithoutacause
Elder User
What's with all the closet treehuggers coming out in here all of a sudden ? lol

Old 05-23-2019, 09:15 AM
jasonodsky
Posting Guru
jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
So is the new to her C-Max replacing the '12 Leaf? Does the 7 year old Leaf still have the original battery pack? Sounds like that Fusion Energi is doing pretty good!
My daily driver is a '94 Geo Metro XFi that I have gotten 62/63 MPG regularly on my 50/50 mix of town/highway driving. I have plans for a tire and wheel upsize to 14"s and a couple more aero tweeks that will hopefully get me to my 70 MPG target.
The LEAF will become the car for the teenagers to drive. The wifeís commute is longer now and in the winter sheís getting home with 10-15 miles of range. That includes barely running the heater in Wisconsin winters. It was the right car for around town I. The last few years. Original battery pack with 10 of 12 bars still left at 42K miles. Usually estimates 72 miles of range but the wife is a bit of a lead foot. I donít blame her when you have 100% torque available at all times. Itís a zippy, fun car to drive.

Great mileage on on the Metro! Those 3cyl engines are amazingly efficient.

To the ďtree huggerĒ comment from another poster, life is a balance. Efficiency for my daily commuter, raw power and torque for towing, deer camp rustic roads and 4WD for the snowy season. Electric lawn mower (nice and quiet, pleasant in the summer) gas Honda snowblower cause itís a beast and gets the job done. Balance, thatís all. 🍻

Jasonodsky

Old 05-23-2019, 09:31 AM
geekwithoutacause
Elder User
The LEAF will become the car for the teenagers to drive. The wifeís commute is longer now and in the winter sheís getting home with 10-15 miles of range. That includes barely running the heater in Wisconsin winters. It was the right car for around town I. The last few years. Original battery pack with 10 of 12 bars still left at 42K miles. Usually estimates 72 miles of range but the wife is a bit of a lead foot. I donít blame her when you have 100% torque available at all times. Itís a zippy, fun car to drive.

Great mileage on on the Metro! Those 3cyl engines are amazingly efficient.

To the ďtree huggerĒ comment from another poster, life is a balance. Efficiency for my daily commuter, raw power and torque for towing, deer camp rustic roads and 4WD for the snowy season. Electric lawn mower (nice and quiet, pleasant in the summer) gas Honda snowblower cause itís a beast and gets the job done. Balance, thatís all. 🍻

Jasonodsky
The metro hauls a LOT less weight around, that's the main reason it doesn't use much fuel. Don't get in a crash with it.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:13 AM
jasonodsky
Posting Guru
Re-attached the driverís outside door handle linkage last night. The handle had broken in the middle of winter and I replaced it with a new OEM. I guess it was so cold I hadnít clipped the linkage in tightly the first time.

Glad it it was an easy, quick fix.

Jasonodsky

Old 05-23-2019, 11:28 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
To the “tree hugger” comment from another poster, life is a balance. Efficiency for my daily commuter, raw power and torque for towing, deer camp rustic roads and 4WD for the snowy season. Electric lawn mower (nice and quiet, pleasant in the summer) gas Honda snowblower cause it’s a beast and gets the job done. Balance, that’s all. ��
More than just balance, it's just preference. I get crap because I have an Excursion, but it's not always filled with kids or passengers. So freaking what? None of their damn biz. We have it because we like it. I don't need to justify it to any Social Justice Warrior who thinks they can get in my biz about what I drive, or why I drive it.

Same goes for people who wanna rag on peeps because they like electric powered vehicles (that's not directed at you, geek, just a general blanket kind of grouping). I'd own one if I could afford it, not because i'm a "tree hugger" but because I like instant torque. I wanna own, modify (unfortunately not practical yet), and drag race an electric powered SUV, or a truck when they start making them.

Now, all bets are off when it comes to Apoc though. It's ok to rib and joke on him about electric cars.....

Stewart

Old 05-23-2019, 11:35 AM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Electric cars do not work for a long commuter like me unless I want to shell out Tesla bucks. My Ex and v-8s stay at home and the 4 and 6 cyl are the daily drivers.

Electrics need the range and fast recharge capabilities before becoming truly mainstream. They are good city vehicles but city dwellers need options and ability to charge them, especially people that park on the street.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:37 AM
geekwithoutacause
Elder User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
More than just balance, it's just preference. I get crap because I have an Excursion, but it's not always filled with kids or passengers. So freaking what? None of their damn biz. We have it because we like it. I don't need to justify it to any Social Justice Warrior who thinks they can get in my biz about what I drive, or why I drive it.

Same goes for people who wanna rag on peeps because they like electric powered vehicles (that's not directed at you, geek, just a general blanket kind of grouping). I'd own one if I could afford it, not because i'm a "tree hugger" but because I like instant torque. I wanna own, modify (unfortunately not practical yet), and drag race an electric powered SUV, or a truck when they start making them.

Now, all bets are off when it comes to Apoc though. It's ok to rib and joke on him about electric cars.....

Stewart
Yeah, I wasn't really serious about it. Ribbing apoc is good. lol
I even owned a prius for a very short time. Didn;t like it much. Everything is too flimsy and light.Had to fix a couple things on it and it had some weird *ss electrical problems. And at one point while driving at, well, elevated speed with it I had an entire wheel well come out. Yeah, that was a loud bang ! It doesn;t like to be driven fast. (well, fast being relative)
Ah well, back to 3/4 and one tons...

Old 05-23-2019, 11:40 AM
96firephoenix
Elder User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
This was a while ago, but I put some reflective tape on the back doors and hatch so they light up your world when they are open at night.

Got some plans for the long weekend, mainly a deep clean.

all of a sudden? I had my CRZ before my Excursion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.