Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-13-2019, 08:27 AM
kxp7000
New User
kxp7000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
And now with those new wheels it stands out from all those other Norwegian Excursions!
How did you know thats Norwegian?😋 oh jeah I see letters uder the road sign😇 But thats true now it is unique.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:45 AM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Stebs View Post
The ol girl had a rough day today. Drove her 40 miles with trailer in tow to pick up some lumber to finish a deck. Was at the yard and it started driving funny and kinda hopping around, thought maybe I hit a board with a nail in it, nope, finally figured it out watching the mirrors while driving slow...

whats bothering me is that I never once felt anything off about driving the truck until after I had to back the trailer out of spot, then it all hit the fan.
Oh my, that doesn't look like fun. Someone trying to prank you and steal your lugnuts?

Old 05-13-2019, 09:44 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Hub centered rims are a good thing. Studs don't last long in that situation. Glad you got to it before it got to you!

Old 05-13-2019, 09:45 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
Oh my, that doesn't look like fun. Someone trying to prank you and still your lugnuts?
Not likely. Where the heck did the studs go? I don't even see them broken off, even with the wheel. Looks like they were pulled out. Has to be the lighting of the pic making it look that way.

Stewart

Old 05-13-2019, 09:56 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
I think the wheel is pulled off the hub 1/2 inch or so, we can't see in the deep shadows. Anywho, some work ahead. Keep us posted.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:14 AM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
For all 7 of those to break off at the same time/trip....well, not likely. I'm thinking someone wants you dead, or an inept thief removed some of your lug nuts and didn't finish the job for whatever reason.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Stebs
Elder User
Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Nicmike View Post
For all 7 of those to break off at the same time/trip....well, not likely. I'm thinking someone wants you dead, or an inept thief removed some of your lug nuts and didn't finish the job for whatever reason.
I donít know. After reading the comments, I looked back in my home cameras to when I pulled out of the garage to leave and the hub cap was still on the truck and everything looked fine. Drove it 40 miles on a curvy highway and didnt notice anything. Now Iím thinking I need to get ahold of the business and see if the truck was in view of a camera, although as busy as the place was, I canít imagine anyone being dumb enough to screw with it in the parking lot. Guess Iíll wait and see what the shop says later after they get it fixed before I go rattling cages.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:26 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
Who installed the wheels last? Maybe got them too tight and the heat expansion put too much tension and broke them? Holes in the rim look ob-longed.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
I think the wheel is pulled off the hub 1/2 inch or so, we can't see in the deep shadows. Anywho, some work ahead. Keep us posted.
Even if that's so, we can still see the one stud with the lug nut attached is sticking out far enough to get the lug nut on, and be visible. We should be able to see some of the other studs if they're there.

Stebs, are all the studs still present?

Stewart

Old 05-13-2019, 11:50 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
Good point, would they break off shallow or deep, or were missing when tightened by the solo stud?

Old 05-13-2019, 12:06 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
geez that could have been really bad

Old 05-13-2019, 01:12 PM
Stebs
Elder User
Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.
I donít know, I didnít look that close. When I first discovered the issue, there was a 2nd stud there with the lugnut on it just laying in the rim already broke off. It must have fell out somewhere in the 30 feet I babied the truck to get it where the rollback could get it. In my pic on my phone, the rim looks threaded, which is weird. Shop should have it done this afternoon, Iíll report back what they found.

edit: the tires were last off at the last rotation, and they were due for a rotation this week.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:41 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
That’s another reason I’m the only person to touch my truck except when Discount Tire balances them and even then I’m watching. I don’t trust anyone. Call it OCD but I have been burned too many times. Same for all my tractors, boats, anything.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:58 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Thatís another reason Iím the only perdon to touch my truck except when Discount Tire balances them and even then Iím watching. I donít trust anyone. Call it OCD but I have been burned too many times. Same for all my tractors, boats, anything.
Good thing you aren't a pilot.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:36 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.