Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-10-2019, 06:32 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
It was an option or accessory I recently learned. I definitely never had one.
The way I currently drive, itíll never wear out.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:27 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Trip to Wisconsin and back yesterday, 17.5 MPG manually calculated, average of 80 mph. Not bad for an 8000 lb vehicle with 260k on the clock.

I think the Hutch mod really made a difference. Will be changing the water separator filter and checking/emptying the oil accumulator when I get home.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:08 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
The way I currently drive, itíll never wear out.

I figure the same with me, with the 6' lift, and never leaving the pavement, it should last a while. I haven't even aimed the projector headlights I installed back in December, as I haven't driven it at night yet.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:47 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by heathrm View Post
Just got the X back today. Been at the body shop all week getting both rocker panels replaced. My truck spent most of its life down south, except for the last 4.5 years here in New England. I didn't expect the cancer to spread that quickly. Thankfully I got it taken care of when I did. Always when you least expect it!
Any pictures?
Hopefully you have oiled the inside of the rockers and rear dog legs good

Old 05-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thats really a pretty cheap price for a skidplate. its almost a shame to go without it, a stray rock on the highway could fly up and even put a hole in the aluminum tcase. cheap insurance.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:48 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
I paid $105.53 for everything fro the dealer, which was the skid plate, and mounting bolts, and speed nuts.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:15 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Still on the road for vacation, currently in Western GA, Warm Springs and had the inlet to my Aeroturbine 3030XL break off which caused it to drop and drag along the road. Pulled into first driveway we came to and crawled under to survey the situation, about a minute later the guy who lived there joined me with a wire clothes hangar to tie the muffler up, he was more than awesome! . Tomorrow's tow from here up to Huntsville AL will be a little louder than normal, but surprisingly not too terrible, I guess the cat is providing a decent amount of sound dampening. We will try to have a muffler shop weld it back together on Monday while we tour the Marshal Space Flight Center in Rocket City.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:17 PM
ArmyRover
Senior User
ArmyRover is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I installed new wiper blades on the X. It was a Land Rover day for shop time.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:24 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
This morning I changed the right rear disk, caliper and pads. Looks like one of the Pistons stuck. The inside pad was down to metal and the outside face of the disk had a crack. Inside was wore down pretty thin. Hopefully fuel mileage will go up 1 or 2 mpg.
Also changed the weather stripping on the rear doors to get rid of those rattling.
The middle row seat, the 70% section is stuck down. It is a mechanical issue, not because it is wedged into the front seat. I have a thread going on about it currently

Old 05-11-2019, 11:48 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by wildstang View Post
This morning I changed the right rear disk, caliper and pads. Looks like one of the Pistons stuck. The inside pad was down to metal and the outside face of the disk had a crack. Inside was wore down pretty thin. Hopefully fuel mileage will go up 1 or 2 mpg.
Also changed the weather stripping on the rear doors to get rid of those rattling.
The middle row seat, the 70% section is stuck down. It is a mechanical issue, not because it is wedged into the front seat. I have a thread going on about it currently
My second row 70% did the same not long ago. You have to get the tooth o catch, itís worn.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:48 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
You also had the pin fall out on one side?
I'm going to have my son help trying to do that on each side.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:20 AM
Stebs
Elder User
Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.Stebs has a great reputation on FTE.
The ol girl had a rough day today. Drove her 40 miles with trailer in tow to pick up some lumber to finish a deck. Was at the yard and it started driving funny and kinda hopping around, thought maybe I hit a board with a nail in it, nope, finally figured it out watching the mirrors while driving slow...

whats bothering me is that I never once felt anything off about driving the truck until after I had to back the trailer out of spot, then it all hit the fan.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:07 AM
kxp7000
New User
kxp7000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
New Tires&Rims for my Ex

New Tires & Rims

And I put on small Orange lights under the door its look cool in the night

this is it what I liked 275/55/20Ē its perfect for this car

Old 05-13-2019, 06:21 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
And now with those new wheels it stands out from all those other Norwegian Excursions!

Old 05-13-2019, 07:02 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
Still on the road for vacation, currently in Western GA, Warm Springs and had the inlet to my Aeroturbine 3030XL break off which caused it to drop and drag along the road. Pulled into first driveway we came to and crawled under to survey the situation, about a minute later the guy who lived there joined me with a wire clothes hangar to tie the muffler up, he was more than awesome! . Tomorrow's tow from here up to Huntsville AL will be a little louder than normal, but surprisingly not too terrible, I guess the cat is providing a decent amount of sound dampening. We will try to have a muffler shop weld it back together on Monday while we tour the Marshal Space Flight Center in Rocket City.
Well, the tow up to Huntsville AL went well and the exhaust was obviously louder but totally tolerable. We were able to easily listen to an audiobook on the trip and conversation wasn't an issue so I'm going to defer the repair until we get home where I can weld it up. I really don't feel like taking up some of our vacation time babysitting it at an unfamiliar shop or having to unload everything to leave it at a shop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.