Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
wish ford would have stuck to rear drums.
Oh heck no! I much prefer rear rotors, so much easier to work on and maintain.

Stewart

Old 05-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Oh heck no! I much prefer rear rotors, so much easier to work on and maintain.

Stewart
i prefer disc too, its just i hear over and over how these rears seize up. doesnt seem like much of any improvement, heck i worked on this brake design on the excursion more then i have of any of my fords and i got them going back to 75! the only difference is the rears on all my others all have drums.

Old 05-02-2019, 01:52 PM
RobRoss
Posting Guru
RobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud of
This was in our local paper, Excursion cult?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ct/3573249002/

Old 05-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by RobRoss View Post
This was in our local paper, Excursion cult?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ct/3573249002/
thats classic, they doing a good thing.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:56 PM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Fuel tank job a success! No leaks so far. Only going to put a half tank in it this weekend, just in case.

Got my new tailpipe, waiting for the stainless tip, then off to Kieths!

Old 05-05-2019, 04:50 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Anyone running Sylvania xtravision headlight bulbs? If not, what are you using and how do you like it?

Old 05-05-2019, 05:15 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
Anyone running Sylvania xtravision headlight bulbs? If not, what are you using and how do you like it?
zXe’s
love them

Old 05-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Ronnie Shierling
FTE Chapter Leader
Ronnie Shierling has a good reputation on FTE.Ronnie Shierling has a good reputation on FTE.Ronnie Shierling has a good reputation on FTE.
Gave her a long over due bath

Old 05-05-2019, 09:18 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
zXe’s
love them
Ordered a pair.

Old 05-05-2019, 11:44 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr
wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
I replaced the rear brake lines on the rear axle, both sides.
Finally changed the rear shocks. Had a clunking in the rear for years. Noticed while doing the brake lines there was no longer the rubber insulator in the lower eyelet on the rear right shock. I've had new shocks sitting in the garage for like 5 years but was afraid of the Messi would get into taking the top bolts out. Pleasently surprised they came out great. Clunk is gone.
Then tightened the two bolts on the shifter under the dash do now it doesn't roll in park and can start it in park.

I think the front sway bar bushings will be next to try and get rid of the front clunk.

Also what size medical tubing do people use in the door weather strip? Not enough pressure after the rear doors are closed so they rattle over bumps and washboards.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2019, 01:04 AM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Jim, the medical tubing is a thing of the past. You can get the new, updated door seals from several manufacturers now that have additional rubber material in them. This solves the whole problem the medical tubing was band-aiding. Rockauto or Ford has the new seals with the extra lobe on them.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:38 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
I have these. They do their job well.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:11 AM
96firephoenix
Elder User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Nicmike View Post
Jim, the medical tubing is a thing of the past. You can get the new, updated door seals from several manufacturers now that have additional rubber material in them. This solves the whole problem the medical tubing was band-aiding. Rockauto or Ford has the new seals with the extra lobe on them.
you mean this stuff that's been out of stock for the last couple of months? https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...372362&jsn=467

Old 05-06-2019, 10:14 AM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Look at FO1390112 under 05 Super Duty crew cab. Fits front doors...3 left

Old 05-06-2019, 01:00 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Elder User
NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
05-07 headlight swap into the 99-04 header panel

Before - angle view

After - angle view

After - front view

Lights work

Dremel 'n stuff

Comparison (old on left, new on right)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.