Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 03-26-2019, 09:05 PM
copsey
Elder User
copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.
Finally dropped the tank and pulled the hitch to install the almost new one Nicmike was so gracious to bring to the MidWest. Also hoses down the whole undercarriage with Fluid Film to keep the wolves away. Will have nuts welded to the “non-removable” bolts tomorrow if all goes to plan and pick up the camper this weekend to get it ready for the spring summer and fall. Wife, kids and I cannot wait to get it out.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:36 PM
SR-71Blackbird
New User
SR-71Blackbird is starting off with a positive reputation.

I put in new rear blocks to level the X out.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:44 PM
lonnyallison
Freshman User
lonnyallison is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SR-71Blackbird View Post

I put in new rear blocks to level the X out.
Looks good! What are your before and after center of hub to fender measurements?

Old 03-27-2019, 02:14 PM
SR-71Blackbird
New User
SR-71Blackbird is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm using late model wheels so I had to add 2" spacers. It's been a pain in the you know what but looks much better. I didn't measure before I added them but it looked really silly.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:58 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Changed out the engine mounting gaskets for the oil cooler. Front gasket has been leaking since fall. Finally can check that off my list...

Old 03-28-2019, 10:11 PM
gots_a_sol
Elder User
gots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant future
Replaced a 1.5 year old Advance Auto rear caliper on Thursday as it was starting to seize up like the old one. Friday I drove down to FL and just came back on Tuesday. Mileage down was 18.2 holding it at 70 the entire way. First fill up on the way back was 17.5 with about 1/4 of that tank being city driving then doing 75-80 most of the way on the highway. Not horrible, especially compared to the V10 numbers I was getting.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:07 PM
copsey
Elder User
copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.
Just buttoned up the hitch replacement. That fuel tank is a real pain in the a$$ without help. Even with only a few gallons in it.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:37 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Did you use the "Egyptian" method?

Old 03-30-2019, 05:33 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Nicmike View Post

He said he was by himself Mike, he didn't have the 150,000 slaves to help him!

I've had my tank out twice, I pump it dry before starting and for me the hardest part is controlling the floor jack handle for lowering with one hand while using the other hand to help keep the tank balanced on the jack pad. Having the 4"+ of suspension lift does make the job a little easier.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:53 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
April 1st is only days away! First day insurance goes back on the X which means I can pull it out any day now! Salt is pretty well washed off the roads, temps are nice, looks promising!

Old 03-30-2019, 01:44 PM
charles adams
Junior User
charles adams is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
'05 Headlight swap

Old 03-30-2019, 02:13 PM
thor363
Elder User
thor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to all
Doesn't that require a pile of bricks to stack as you drop it? Good advice compared to what I did!

Old 03-30-2019, 02:30 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Originally Posted by thor363 View Post
Doesn't that require a pile of bricks to stack as you drop it? Good advice compared to what I did!
Very close. I use two stacks of 2x4x18" boards. Lower it on to the two stacks, then go side to side removing one block at a time. Reverse the process to put it back in. You can do this with half your brain and one arm.

Old 03-30-2019, 04:05 PM
thor363
Elder User
thor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to allthor363 is a name known to all
Very close. I use two stacks of 2x4x18" boards. Lower it on to the two stacks, then go side to side removing one block at a time. Reverse the process to put it back in. You can do this with half your brain and one arm.
Due to senility, I barely pass that test!

Old 03-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
what about motorcycle/atv jack? if i ever have too, that is my plan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.