Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 03-25-2019, 06:50 AM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
How is the wounded F150 AK?

Old 03-25-2019, 08:22 AM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
put the LED bulbs that everyone recommended. Love the light.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:37 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by ExxWhy View Post
How is the wounded F150 AK?
I got it back 2/16 but it goes back in the body shop this morning to have the bumpers repainted as I found issues I wasn't happy with.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Filled up the Ex to get ready to haul the camper to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday.

Old 03-25-2019, 01:19 PM
twov8sandat4
New User
twov8sandat4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got the running board lights working again. Now I can pick on my wife that my lowly EX has running board lights and her Escalade doesn't

Old 03-25-2019, 01:29 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Excurvelle View Post
Filled up the Ex to get ready to haul the camper to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday.
Good RV spots there? I'm headed to Kings Mountain this weekend.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:51 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
I got 8.7 mpg on my last tank, I think that's the best I've ever gotten. One of the perks of moving out of the city I guess.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:41 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
I got 8.7 mpg on my last tank, I think that's the best I've ever gotten. One of the perks of moving out of the city I guess.
my last was 12.3ish, one of my best too.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:47 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Flyboy1100 View Post
my last was 12.3ish, one of my best too.
Oh man, I'm jealous. Maybe if I fix the headers I'll get closer.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:33 PM
desperado_18_2000
Posting Guru
desperado_18_2000 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Replaced a bent driveshaft flange, and fitted new Spicer 1410 joints. This helped to sort out a driveline vibration I have. Didn't completely fix it, but it is a step in the right direction. Going to go fill er up in the AM and see if I can get better than the 11.1 MPG I got this past tank.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:48 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Swapped out some old and tired batteries for a set of Interstates from Costco. Woke up the EX after it was left unattended for about 10 days. Had some trouble keeping that engine running. Might be facing a fuel related issue. Will be monitoring as the week progresses. The Jeep is in surgery. So, the EX needs to stay running to keep bringing parts and tools to get the Jeep back on the road.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:26 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
Oh man, I'm jealous. Maybe if I fix the headers I'll get closer.
after mostly 10-10.5mpg all winter long with my 70/30 mix of interstate/city I was pretty darn happy. finding e0 gas helped a lot too, but the cost vs mpg loss on e10 makes it about a wash i think.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:41 AM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Drove mine. Always nice to start the season with a "free" tank of gas. The other winter garage queen should be out on the road early next week. Spring is here!

Old 03-26-2019, 12:47 PM
DavenTn
Fishslayer
DavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant future
Installed my PHP hydra chip today (1-daily light, 2-high idle, 3-heavy tow, 4-medium tow, 5-economy, 6-street shredder) . Oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and oil bypass filter. I'll be on the road for two months in TN. Lot's of towing and driving.

Very surprised by the "performance" of my economy tune. Higher RPM and firmer shift points. The daily light seems a bit peppier than stock too. Mileage increase observed on my lie-o-meter. I'll update after my towing my trailers and a few tanks of fuel.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:13 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
Good RV spots there? I'm headed to Kings Mountain this weekend.
You can't go wrong with MB State Park and Huntington Beach State Park, we like both of them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.