Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 02-21-2019, 12:49 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Yeah not much posting going on around here lately. I will be doing some write ups soon to fill in the gaps.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.
brushed the snow off today.

yesterday bought a new FC975 fuel cap since the tether on mine broke. probably would have been a cheaper solution, but a new cap assembly was quicker

Old 02-22-2019, 10:10 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Finally, took off the cross bars on the roof.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:46 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Yeah not much posting going on around here lately. I will be doing some write ups soon to fill in the gaps.
Yeah, I have a pile of parts/projects I need to do but the weather is crap and my building isnt started yet.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:54 AM
ShelbyHauler
Senior User
ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.
i just posted up a near finished job of replacing my seat heaters and carpet here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post18498242

Old 02-23-2019, 06:02 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Swapped out the running boards from a '15 Platinum CC. My stock boards will be goin on the other white EX in the background.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:51 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
Swapped out the running boards from a '15 Platinum CC. My stock boards will be goin on the other white EX in the background.

Thats a great looking truck! Convinced me to go '05 front end and paint my cladding. Im going to pick up new doors tomorrow and hopefully selling some NOS OEM 01 front parts to get the 05 stuff.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:06 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
Thats a great looking truck! Convinced me to go '05 front end and paint my cladding. Im going to pick up new doors tomorrow and hopefully selling some NOS OEM 01 front parts to get the 05 stuff.
I still need to get the bumper top plastic part and grille paint matched to the EX to complete that facelift. But this will have to wait until later in the year as funds are being held in escrow for other projects that take priority to keep the EX running better than looking good

Old 02-28-2019, 10:31 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
Went to look at a pair of front doors for my truck yesterday. If you're replacing the doors, beware, the doors on the EX have an angled release handle on the inside. Anything 2008 and after is perfectly horizontal. there would be some fab work to get your stock door trim to fit properly. 2007 and older is correct for our trim. Just a heads up.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:00 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
Went to look at a pair of front doors for my truck yesterday. If you're replacing the doors, beware, the doors on the EX have an angled release handle on the inside. Anything 2008 and after is perfectly horizontal. there would be some fab work to get your stock door trim to fit properly. 2007 and older is correct for our trim. Just a heads up.
If you are getting a newer front door, why not get the matching inside panel as well?

Old 02-28-2019, 04:21 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
2 people decided to brave this storm to meet up in Roanoke, VA to exchange some pleasantries for a few minutes and then head back home. ~500 miles round trip to meet with Chris 01__Excursion and pick up a set of Captains Chairs for the EX. Thanks Chris for meeting up with me halfway!! Hope you had a safe trip back home. Got home just as this white stuff started to stick.

This is s'posed to get pretty nasty later this evening.

PC: Chris. Now, to find an upholsterer to re-cover these seats!

01__Excursion ,
These came out great after a re-cover-y operation.

Next order of business will be to repaint the trim plastics and then figuring out how to fit a T55 under this metal plate to get the bolt out.

Is there a nut underneath that I can get to easier?

Never mind. Searching the forum is the best thing after sliced bread Here's how to get those bolts out.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:09 PM
Ziess
New User
Ziess is starting off with a positive reputation.
Put new 285/75/16 BFG All Terrains on her, got an alignment, and put new Bilstein 5100 shocks up front and new Bilstein steering damper on her. Drives like new, so much quieter and smoother than the old tires too. I'm happy!

Old 02-28-2019, 06:32 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
01__Excursion ,
These came out great after a re-cover-y operation.

Next order of business will be to repaint the trim plastics and then figuring out how to fit a T55 under this metal plate to get the bolt out.

Is there a nut underneath that I can get to easier?

Never mind. Searching the forum is the best thing after sliced bread Here's how to get those bolts out.
Are those pics of your 60/40 middle row? Remove the side tan trims, flip up the seat portions, remove the hinge bolts, then the seat, then operate the seat slide to slide each 60, then 40 forward to get to that torx bolt. It's actually a T55 Plus. You can usually get it with just the T55, but the T55 is a loose fit for a reason, and if your bolt is somewhat frozen from the exposed threads on the underside, you risk snapping your T55, or damaging the Torx seat bolt.

Amazon Amazon

Old 02-28-2019, 06:57 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
Are those pics of your 60/40 middle row? Remove the side tan trims, flip up the seat portions, remove the hinge bolts, then the seat, then operate the seat slide to slide each 60, then 40 forward to get to that torx bolt. It's actually a T55 Plus. You can usually get it with just the T55, but the T55 is a loose fit for a reason, and if your bolt is somewhat frozen from the exposed threads on the underside, you risk snapping your T55, or damaging the Torx seat bolt.

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-6192-TORX.../dp/B002YKG2R4
Yes. That's a pic of my 60/40. It was dark by the time I realized how easy those bolts can be accessed by sliding the seats forward So, this will be done over the weekend.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:33 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Yes. That's a pic of my 60/40. It was dark by the time I realized how easy those bolts can be accessed by sliding the seats forward So, this will be done over the weekend.
Iím kinda disappointed Prakash, was expecting to see a French fry, some stale chips, cracker crumbs and a gummy worm under there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.