Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 02-16-2019, 06:45 PM
DavenTn
Fishslayer
DavenTn has much to be proud ofDavenTn has much to be proud ofDavenTn has much to be proud ofDavenTn has much to be proud ofDavenTn has much to be proud ofDavenTn has much to be proud ofDavenTn has much to be proud ofDavenTn has much to be proud ofDavenTn has much to be proud ofDavenTn has much to be proud of
Got my turbo back on after replacing the pedestal seals ( oil leaks) HPOP seals, oil cooler, along with new boots from RiffRaff. So... Went to test drive after warming up, got thirty feet and she quit..... I'm like WTF! CPS went bad, who'd thunk it.... had a replacement in the glove box.

Never leave home without it.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:28 PM
BrentcAK
New User
BrentcAK is starting off with a positive reputation.
What rims are those?
Originally Posted by Tbug05LTD View Post
Washed and waxed her topside and underneath and gave her an oil and filter change.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:45 PM
Tbug05LTD
Senior User
Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by BrentcAK View Post
What rims are those?
Brent those are Black Rhino Armory 20"9.5" -18mm rims

Old 02-18-2019, 07:55 AM
lonnyallison
Freshman User
lonnyallison is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got a few things done this weekend. I installed some new tail lights. They are fantastic! Look great, they are much brighter than stock and no hyper flash.
Amazon Amazon

I installed some new infinity speakers in the front and middle row doors. What an amazing sound upgrade. Even without an external amp driving them they sound amazing compared to the stock speakers. While I had the doors panels off I lined the inside of all doors with sound deadening material (like dynomat) as well, and gave them a good coat of fluid film on the inside.
Amazon Amazon

I finally got my brake controller installed

I also installed an aftermarket android HU, the ATOTO A6. I'm very impressed with it so far. Finally having streaming music again is fantastic. Installed complete with back up camera, gps antenna, and fully integrated steering wheel controls.
Amazon Amazon

See my write up for SWC integration here https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...o-install.html

Old 02-18-2019, 08:31 AM
ShelbyHauler
Senior User
ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by lonnyallison View Post

I also installed an aftermarket android HU, the ATOTO A6. I'm very impressed with it so far. Finally having streaming music again is fantastic. Installed complete with back up camera, gps antenna, and fully integrated steering wheel controls.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

See my write up for SWC integration here https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...o-install.html
Nice job. Just under a year ago I purchased what I considered to be one of the more advanced Android HU's so I could use all the bells and whistles. Now I read the specs for your ATOTO unit and see there are many more options than there used to be. I read your SWC thread as well. My Ex did not come with factory rear entertainment. Someone installed an aftermarket unit, but the rear entertainment wiring was there. My research told me that can-bus started in 05, though I have not been able to verify that.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:56 AM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
My 2005 does not have Can-Bus, may be an F250 thing in 05.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:31 AM
seijirou
Posting Guru
seijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to behold
Excursions stayed at 2004 hardware/technology except for the exterior facelift and the very last few of them got 2005 engines.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:50 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)
Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by seijirou View Post
Excursions stayed at 2004 hardware/technology except for the exterior facelift and the very last few of them got 2005 engines.
no Excursion ever recieved a 3v motor. They were only offerred in the following combinations.
5.4 2v with 4R100 Trans
6.8 2v with 4R100 Trans
7.3 PSD with 4R100 Trans
6.0 PSD with 5R110 Trans

As far as electronics, the Excursion was most definitely CanBus by at least 2003 models with the 6.0 and 5R110 trans. It's part of the reason Ford swapped from GEM to the VSM module. Luckily the radio in the Excursion wasn't part of the CANBUS like later Ford models (2005+) did

Old 02-18-2019, 02:57 PM
seijirou
Posting Guru
seijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to behold
Sorry I had the 6.0 in my head, some of the last diesels were 2005 engines but still ran the 2004 gauge cluster and whatnot.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:16 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
no Excursion ever recieved a 3v motor. They were only offerred in the following combinations.
5.4 2v with 4R100 Trans
6.8 2v with 4R100 Trans
7.3 PSD with 4R100 Trans
6.0 PSD with 5R110 Trans

As far as electronics, the Excursion was most definitely CanBus by at least 2003 models with the 6.0 and 5R110 trans. It's part of the reason Ford swapped from GEM to the VSM module. Luckily the radio in the Excursion wasn't part of the CANBUS like later Ford models (2005+) did
I believe they started with the vsm in 2002, I know my 2002 6.8 has one. Also the digital odometer and some other electronic upgrades. I had an issue with my vsm and the cause was a broken communication wire between it and the rest of the vehicle modules, gauge cluster (which I believe acts as the gem) being the primary one. Not sure if that wiring is can bus or not.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Excurvelle View Post
My 2005 does not have Can-Bus, may be an F250 thing in 05.
Correct and despite trucks built around June of 2005 having a 2005 engine, they still ran programming based off of a 2004 strategy. I.e. no CAN Bus

They only difference in the programming was the fact that that were named differently to differentiate which year went to what.

2004 Excursion with 2004 engine: VXBC
2005 Excursion with 2005 engine: VXDA or VXDB

Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
I believe they started with the vsm in 2002, I know my 2002 6.8 has one. Also the digital odometer and some other electronic upgrades. I had an issue with my vsm and the cause was a broken communication wire between it and the rest of the vehicle modules, gauge cluster (which I believe acts as the gem) being the primary one. Not sure if that wiring is can bus or not.
They did indeed start with VSM for the 2002 MY. It was a nice upgrade over the 99-2001 setup. The cluster is the focal point for alot of the vehicle's features on some Ford vehicles, so when it goes out, alot of things start to not work.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:42 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
if i could get less wires i would.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:48 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Sorry I had the 6.0 in my head, some of the last diesels were 2005 engines but still ran the 2004 gauge cluster and whatnot.
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Correct and despite trucks built around June of 2005 having a 2005 engine, they still ran programming based off of a 2004 strategy. I.e. no CAN Bus

They only difference in the programming was the fact that that were named differently to differentiate which year went to what.

2004 Excursion with 2004 engine: VXBC
2005 Excursion with 2005 engine: VXDA or VXDB

They did indeed start with VSM for the 2002 MY. It was a nice upgrade over the 99-2001 setup. The cluster is the focal point for alot of the vehicle's features on some Ford vehicles, so when it goes out, alot of things start to not work.
Related question to this about the cluster. Will a gauge cluster from a '04 6.0 XLT be a straight swap to my '03 7.3? Asking this to confirm if my $40 investment will pay back when needed

Old 02-19-2019, 11:37 AM
xrsfsho
Senior User
xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tbug05LTD View Post
Washed and waxed her topside and underneath and gave her an oil and filter change.
I've been looking at this rims for my truck in a 17. I love the look of them. good looking truck.

I did an oil change and took off the sode moulding off my truck. got the rock deflectors on order should be here next week

Old 02-19-2019, 11:41 AM
seijirou
Posting Guru
So much nicer without the cladding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.