Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 02-14-2019, 01:27 PM
seijirou
Posting Guru
seijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to behold
Gotcha. Good luck, keep us posted.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:52 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
I ran mine through the carwash yesterday and filled her up! This morning at the coffee shop had another red limited with a big black bumper park right next to me. He left before I could get a pic.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:10 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Wired up my KC HiLites finally. I got the idea on here I believe. Ford wants $38 for a gravity switch and I just snagged one for $5 from the local salvage yard. These suckers are bright! I used existing holes and mounted the lights with a plastic barbed push pin with a Viton o-ring behind the light housing to act as a shock absorber.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:26 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Wired up my KC HiLites finally. I got the idea on here I believe. Ford wants $38 for a gravity switch and I just snagged one for $5 from the local salvage yard. These suckers are bright! I used existing holes and mounted the lights with a plastic barbed push pin with a Viton o-ring behind the light housing to act as a shock absorber.

What is the gravity switch used for? Share some pics.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:17 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
is it the fuel shutoff switch?

Old 02-14-2019, 07:29 PM
seijirou
Posting Guru
seijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to behold
They're for under hood lights, switch on by angle.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:30 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
I call it a gravity switch, itís just the under hood light housing with the ball bearing that rolls down and contacts the positive and negative to actuate lights. The old school style has been outlawed because they had mercury in a glass tube that did the same thing.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:22 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by seijirou View Post
They're for under hood lights, switch on by angle.
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post

I call it a gravity switch, itís just the under hood light housing with the ball bearing that rolls down and contacts the positive and negative to actuate lights. The old school style has been outlawed because they had mercury in a glass tube that did the same thing.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Old 02-15-2019, 12:10 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Snapped a pic before I parked in the garage tonight. Its decently clean and there is sunshine after 5pm both are a WIN! in my book lol

Old 02-15-2019, 10:38 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Switch is on the driverís side, same as stock

Plenty of light! Very happy with this KC HiLites LED upgrade.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:56 AM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Nice, hope you never need those lights.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:04 AM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ExxWhy View Post
Nice, hope you never need those lights.
Only to check fluid levels or change the oil at night!

Old 02-16-2019, 10:35 AM
JustAnotherEBEx
New User
JustAnotherEBEx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Put in a blue spring yesterday. Should that help with throttle response? I feel like it did, but maybe that was just me being hopeful

Other than oil changes, that's the first time I wrenched under the hood of a vehicle in over 15 years.

Next up: coolant flush and adding a coolant filter to the 6.0.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:00 PM
BayouCaneBoy
New User
BayouCaneBoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
EGR Cleaning

Pulled and cleaned the EGR valve. It wasn't very dirty like others I've seen online. A juice glass filled with acetone made quick work of the soot without getting any in the electronic. Vacuumed and new seals.

Soot in intake had a tiniest bit of dampness, but no white flakes. I am hoping that she make it until head gaskets and studding this spring.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:49 PM
Tbug05LTD
Senior User
Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.
Washed and waxed her topside and underneath and gave her an oil and filter change.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.