Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 02-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
May as well do the whole top end. Fuel O-rings, turbo rebuild, ebpv stuff, bellowed up pipes, fuel bowl rebuild, etc.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:59 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by seijirou View Post
Nice! I need to get that done on mine as well. Welcome to the forum too!
Do that longer gas shock mod and a 5 lift like me and you will barely be able to grab the hatch to shut it!

Old 02-09-2019, 08:01 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Picked up a good set of door seals from a junkyard EX. Also brought home a headlight for further experimentation on the LED projector retrofit project.

I stopped by 3 yards today. FWIW, here are the some prices of things that I asked about at the junkyards (VA/MD/DC area)

- CHMSL (3rd brake light) from a EX - $50 - $75
- Excursion Doors - $300-$400 depending on condition.
- Superduty Front Doors - $200-$300 depending on condition
- Interior door panels for barn doors (if bought separately) - $25 - $40 for each piece
- 4 piece door seals from an '04 EX - $15
- Gauge cluster from an 04 6.0 EX - $40
- Front seats were $200-$350 each regardless of condition. Lower prices were for cloth seats.
- One Driver side headlight from an 06 SD was $50. Talked them down to $35 as the lens was scratched up and discolored. Needed a donor unit that I could cut up for the project. Others in better shape were $150 or more for the set.

Found a good center console on a 2002 Expedition EB. Almost finished taking it out when they started closing down and wouldn't let me continue pulling. Not sure if/when I'd make another 80 mile trip to get that unit

Old 02-10-2019, 08:03 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Finally got a chance to replace the battery. Was bad for the past few months already, couldn't sit for more then a day without needing a boost. The old terminals were pretty badly corroded.

Name:  20190210_144946.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  1.38 MB

Old 02-11-2019, 07:49 AM
seijirou
Posting Guru
seijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post

Do that longer gas shock mod and a 5 lift like me and you will barely be able to grab the hatch to shut it!
If It means I stop hitting my head on the thing I will happily jump to grab it!

Old 02-11-2019, 11:53 AM
RPhil
Senior User
RPhil is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RPhil is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Replaced coil #4 with the spare that I kept when I tackled the plugs and the other bad coils after I first purchased the vehicle. Clip on the coil plug snapped, so I had to get creative with a zip tie around the fuel rail to ensure the connector stayed plugged in. Also forgot to plug back in a vacuum hose onto the PCV valve that was in my way. Had a really rough idle until I figured that one out. But she is all buttoned up and good to go now.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:36 PM
DavenTn
Fishslayer
DavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
May as well do the whole top end. Fuel O-rings, turbo rebuild, ebpv stuff, bellowed up pipes, fuel bowl rebuild, etc.
O rings for fuel done already as well as fuel bowl rebuild. The EBPV is OK although I did inspect and replaced the o ring. Pedestal back on. Not gonna do the turbo or up pipes 'cause I'm gonna do Borg Warner 364.5 SXE T4 later this year. I am however gonna reseal the HPOP and the oil cooler. I am having to replace the boots on all the pipes... they're shot. RiffRaff has them on the way.
Rain today, no progress, Dishwaher took a *****. Wife says "priorities".

New DW comes tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:22 PM
copsey
Elder User
copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.
Removed oil cooler and HPOP cover. I had replaced the hpop a while back with an adrenaline pump. I didn’t use the Ford sealant, I used an anaerobic sealant I trusted. That was a mistake. So I’m resealing that and figured as deep as I had to go I may as well replace the oil cooler at the same time. Deltas were not terrible. Typically running 9-12 depending on ambient temp. Also have some connectors that will be replaced, specifically the oil temp sensor and VGT.

Should have all parts in hand for the weekend to reassemble.

Picked up a rear passenger door also, no rust!! Needs paint though.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:55 PM
86gene
Freshman User
86gene is starting off with a positive reputation.
what did you do to the ex today

over the last month 2010 mcnasty front end conversion ,bumper and 2009 super duty Harley Davidson wheels

Old 02-14-2019, 11:48 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
man i dont know if thats worth all the work, but to be different i guess thats good.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:52 AM
seijirou
Posting Guru
seijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to behold
I dig it, I might just need to do that. It looks like the 08-10 fender arch matches stock better than the more pronounced 11-16 style.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:56 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by seijirou View Post
I dig it, I might just need to do that. It looks like the 08-10 fender arch matches stock better than the more pronounced 11-16 style.

you should wait tell they redesign the superduty again and use the new one

Old 02-14-2019, 12:13 PM
86gene
Freshman User
The way I looked at it I bought the truck in 08 with 112000 on it paid 16900 for it and it has been good to me all these years just general maintenance and now with 295000 chugging along just like the day I bought it. The mcnasty kit works very well with the 08 to 10 fronts with very little shims just had to drill extra holes in the bumper plates for the bumper to line up . I think they must have Been designed for the 11 to 16 trucks

Old 02-14-2019, 12:15 PM
seijirou
Posting Guru
Are you able to keep the recovery hooks?

Old 02-14-2019, 12:29 PM
86gene
Freshman User
Still trying to work that out with outhacking it up the plates are in the way and the bumper sits lower on the frame. I will keep posted had to drill extra holes in the bumper plates for the factory bumper

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.