Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 01-19-2019, 06:53 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Greenscobie86 View Post
Thats awesome man. i've been thinking about moving out of NYC too as of late.
It's been a long time coming, feels good to have finally done it. I lived in Brooklyn all my life, it was just too much already. The city is too dirty, noisy and smelly and too many crazy people running around. We still never met, gotta do a meet up one day.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:06 AM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Greenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
It's been a long time coming, feels good to have finally done it. I lived in Brooklyn all my life, it was just too much already. The city is too dirty, noisy and smelly and too many crazy people running around. We still never met, gotta do a meet up one day.
i agree with you there. And yes, gotta do a meet up with another fellow Ex enthusiast!

Old 01-21-2019, 03:27 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
We went to look at mountain property today and took the Ex. This property was off some crazy gravel cliff hanging roads that we had to move branches off of. We got to the place, looked it over and went to leave. The 2WD Ex started spinning on the cold grass going up the hill. I tried twice. The third time I backed way up and hamrdown, once I rounded a corner she spun the right rear wheel all the way up the hill. The land had a lot of non positive things but this was the clincher, my Chevelles would not be good on those roads and would not do well on the drive. Plus, the travel trailer would not make it in there with some of the turns.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Getting the sequoia ready for a florida (disney) trip. This was the father in laws who lives in Texas so naturally the headlights are baked. Wet and and buff and shes good for a few more.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:01 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
Getting the sequoia ready for a florida (disney) trip. This was the father in laws who lives in Texas so naturally the headlights are baked. Wet and and buff and shes good for a few more.

That Mouse will eat everything in your wallet, paper, plastic, coins you name it! I am sure you will have a blast.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:04 PM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Excurvelle View Post
That Mouse will eat everything in your wallet, paper, plastic, coins you name it! I am sure you will have a blast.
Only thing I am excited about is the all inclusive resort. I'm going to get all my money back in vodka!

Michael wouldn't put me up for anything less than $10K in one of his luxury yachts sooo....

Old 01-21-2019, 08:39 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.

cover that light with some lamin-x or similar and you won't have to do it again.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:10 PM
copsey
Senior User
copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.
Only thing I am excited about is the all inclusive resort. I'm going to get all my money back in vodka!

Michael wouldn't put me up for anything less than $10K in one of his luxury yachts sooo....
Where are you staying. A visit to the mouse is in my near future.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:45 AM
Gunnie357
New User
Gunnie357 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Door Seal

I did the Door seal mod yesterday using 3/8Ē tubing. I got a roll on amazon which had the splice so unfortunately I wasnít able to do all the doors. I did rears and the driver front. With the new roll Iíll do the passenger front and the hatch. Made tremendous improvement no more door rattle in my ear though I can still hear the hatch.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:10 AM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
It is amazing what a brake fluid flush does making the brakes feel better. I also overhauled the front calipers, easy job and IMO well worth the $20 kit needed.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:59 AM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.Flyboy1100 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Excurvelle View Post
It is amazing what a brake fluid flush does making the brakes feel better. I also overhauled the front calipers, easy job and IMO well worth the $20 kit needed.
i agree i did the brake flush a few weeks ago

Old 01-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Flyboy1100 View Post
cover that light with some lamin-x or similar and you won't have to do it again.

I'll have to look that up, is it a fluid or a sticker?

Originally Posted by copsey View Post

Where are you staying. A visit to the mouse is in my near future.
I am not sure, wife and her friend set it all up, I'm just along to drive and keep track of kids. When I find out I'll post.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:04 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
I'll have to look that up, is it a fluid or a sticker?

I am not sure, wife and her friend set it all up, I'm just along to drive and keep track of kids. When I find out I'll post.
just vinyl sticker. I have good luck with both Headlight Armor and Lamin-x. We had a Jetta long time ago that i got sick of wet sanding the lights every couple months, put some vinyl on them and they looked great until we sold it several years later.

also peeled the vinyl off my Subaru at around 100k and the lights were still brand new looking underneath. new vinyl and good to go for another 100k. the UV attacks the vinyl rather than the lenses/housings.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:08 AM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
Ooorrr.... Use a spray-on UV blocking clear coat. I treated a car (that a friend sold to his BIL) with it in 2012, and when I saw it in 2017, it still looked exactly like the day I sprayed it.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:32 AM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Ex was thirsty this morning, took $115 in gogo juice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.