Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 01-11-2019, 03:34 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
agsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Nicmike View Post
The only way a 7.3 could leak from the valve cover gaskets is if they are not installed. I think someone isn't very competent at that shop. Also, the pan attaches to the front cover on the bottom, so it is very likely only your pan is leaking. Now, that isn't anything to downplay, as I am sure you are aware the engine has to come out to reseal the pan. There is no gasket on the oil pan...just sealant. Any rust on the pan?
Hence why I told them to just replace my front brakes, and a broken connector. I asked them to check it out as the brakes have been acting up. Trying to decide what we want to do. I may just sell it, or see how much I can get for trade in. Or keep it...lol.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:49 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
Captains Chairs in the house!

2 people decided to brave this storm to meet up in Roanoke, VA to exchange some pleasantries for a few minutes and then head back home. ~500 miles round trip to meet with Chris 01__Excursion and pick up a set of Captains Chairs for the EX. Thanks Chris for meeting up with me halfway!! Hope you had a safe trip back home. Got home just as this white stuff started to stick.

This is s'posed to get pretty nasty later this evening.

PC: Chris. Now, to find an upholsterer to re-cover these seats!

Old 01-12-2019, 05:36 PM
DeltaV
Junior User
DeltaV has a good reputation on FTE.DeltaV has a good reputation on FTE.DeltaV has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
2 people decided to brave this storm to meet up in Roanoke, VA to exchange some pleasantries for a few minutes and then head back home. ~500 miles round trip to meet with Chris 01__Excursion and pick up a set of Captains Chairs for the EX. Thanks Chris for meeting up with me halfway!! Hope you had a safe trip back home. Got home just as this white stuff started to stick.

This is s'posed to get pretty nasty later this evening.

Wish I would have known you were picking these up. I'm sure meeting another member was worth the drive, but my brother lives close to Roanoke and just came up this way(Bristow,VA) with an empty 8 foot bed. Although I don't know if those seats would have been happy riding in a Chevy haha.

Love the seats. Hoping to get my torn driver seat upholstered one day. Please let me know if you find someone worthwhile in NOVA.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:42 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DeltaV View Post
Wish I would have known you were picking these up. I'm sure meeting another member was worth the drive, but my brother lives close to Roanoke and just came up this way(Bristow,VA) with an empty 8 foot bed. Although I don't know if those seats would have been happy riding in a Chevy haha.

Love the seats. Hoping to get my torn driver seat upholstered one day. Please let me know if you find someone worthwhile in NOVA.
I was going to post a meetup in Roanoke today, but skipped it after seeing the forecast. We should organize a lunch meeting sometime in the Spring. I am sure others within a reasonable driving distance will be able to make it.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:14 PM
01__Excursion
Senior User
01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.

No problem, it was great to meet. I hope they work out.
I'll remember your tires and rims if I decide to move away from my 12.5"s

PS: you've seen the pics from my interior leather re-do. Bring them back down here, and use my guy..!!!

Old 01-12-2019, 07:16 PM
01__Excursion
Senior User
01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.
I was going to post a meetup in Roanoke today, but skipped it after seeing the forecast. We should organize a lunch meeting sometime in the Spring. I am sure others within a reasonable driving distance will be able to make it.
A group meet up would've been great, but with this kind of weather, my X remains grounded and dry in the garage.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:29 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
Bring them back down here, and use my guy..!!!
Now, why didn't I think of that

Let me plan another road trip

Old 01-12-2019, 08:30 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
A group meet up would've been great, but with this kind of weather, my X remains grounded and dry in the garage.
We can look at late March/early April.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:17 PM
RedLance
New User
RedLance is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
As promised, here are pictures showing the beam pattern of my new LED headlights. In the first 2, the IBC totes in the distance are roughly 150 feet from the truck. Second 2 are with the truck roughly 25 feet from the building.

Low beam

High beam

Low beam

High beam

Old 01-13-2019, 08:19 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
While Ex is down waiting on parts I gave her a wax.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:22 AM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.
Question for all those that have a plow on their Ex, is a 7.5' too narrow? Does 8' cover the track better? Tia.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:33 AM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
did some 4wd snow-powered donuts in the school parking lot over the weekend... nothing quite like the giggles and "again daddy!" to make it worth it.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:17 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
As the pictures above show the Ex is in the garage getting it's wintertime work to prep for camper season.

I have greased the bearings and reinstalled the front rotors and greased caliper slides. I have also replaced the front left running board socket.

I have parts on order to replace the o rings on the cam sensor because it is leaking. 4 gallons of Delo 5w-40 is coming from Amazon along with oil and fuel filters. Engine wise all else seems to be fine, I may clean the EBP and EGR and IAT2.

I am picking up brake fluid an the oil filter tonight from Advance. I am going to flush my brakes, I have noticed decreased stopping ability when hot. They have never been flushed. I am also going to jack it up in the rear, pull the wheels and inspect the back brakes, replace pads if needed and grease the slides.

The drivers seat lumbar is broken, I need to open it up and fix that but I know I will be replacing the seat covers and fixing the heat element while I am in there. Then the wife will want the passenger seat cover done so it matches. Towing mirrors are somewhere on my list too but those are easy and can be done anytime.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:07 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
I dropped my F-150 off at the body shop for $7,500+ in repairs after a guy pulled out in front of me and I t-boned him. So the Excursion is back to daily driver duty as they expect the repairs to day 20 business days or so. I shall be well acquainted with the Ex again by the time the F-150 is back on the road.

Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
Question for all those that have a plow on their Ex, is a 7.5' too narrow? Does 8' cover the track better? Tia.
7-1/2' will cover ok, but 8' would be better.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:23 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.DidieX has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I dropped my F-150 off at the body shop for $7,500+ in repairs after a guy pulled out in front of me and I t-boned him. So the Excursion is back to daily driver duty as they expect the repairs to day 20 business days or so. I shall be well acquainted with the Ex again by the time the F-150 is back on the road.7-1/2' will cover ok, but 8' would be better.
Sorry to hear about your truck. My work van had been in the shop a lot lately too (transmission issues) and I've been using the Ex a lot more as well. It's so much smoother on the highway then my 2011 Transit connect which has only 98k miles. Those things are crap to drive.

I finally moved out of NYC up to Rockland County, got about 100ft of hilly driveway to plow now. I think I'm going to try to find a decent used plow setup for now. If it turns into a legitimate side business then I may invest in a new one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.