Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 07:07 PM
copsey
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Haven’t done anything lately but did order the Ford sealant for the HPOP. When I swapped mine last year I made a poor choice in using an anaerobic sealant I’ve always had great luck with and ignoring the recommendations of everyone to use the Ford goop. Will be resealing the cover along with fuel filters. May do the high idle mod at the same time, always forget about it and lonnyallison’s post reminded me it may be a good idea....

Hoping temps come back up after this weekend to do it all soon.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:36 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It was sad watching it drive away with it's new owners. It is headed to Florida. I gave them the FTE keychain and told them to come here for all the Excursion info and fellowship they can handle. Good luck with your new X Dan!

Old 01-09-2019, 11:43 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had the wife drop her off at the shop to check the oil leak that is getting worse. I just do not have the time to check it or fix it right now. So leaking at the oil pan gasket, potentially the timing chain cover, and the valve cover gaskets....estimate- $4100!! Yikes...

Old 01-09-2019, 11:58 PM
RedLance
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED Headlight upgrade

I recently completed a headlight upgrade and wanted to show some pictures.
I ended up using these housings: https://www.ebay.com/itm/400936399123

And these bulbs:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKWCYQD/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKWCYQD/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The beam pattern is great! They have a very nice cutoff. I do not get flashed by on coming traffic. I did have to modify the bulb holder on the new housings to accommodate the wires for the new bulbs. I just had to shorten the collar that holds the bulb in the housing, since the wires on the new bulbs go down, instead of out the back of the bulb.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

The old headlight.

The new headlight with all new LED bulbs.

Both new lights giving it a pretty good look.

I had a couple shots showing the beam pattern but they didn't turn out for some reason...my phone needed to be factory restored, I suppose something was messed up. I'll get new shots taken as soon as I can.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
Pulled mine into the garage to do some wintertime work on it, probably start with a clean and repack of the wheel bearings and check the brakes.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:28 AM
jmren81
New User
Originally Posted by RedLance
I recently completed a headlight upgrade and wanted to show some pictures.
I ended up using these housings: https://www.ebay.com/itm/400936399123

And these bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The beam pattern is great! They have a very nice cutoff. I do not get flashed by on coming traffic. I did have to modify the bulb holder on the new housings to accommodate the wires for the new bulbs. I just had to shorten the collar that holds the bulb in the housing, since the wires on the new bulbs go down, instead of out the back of the bulb.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

The old headlight.

The new headlight with all new LED bulbs.

Both new lights giving it a pretty good look.

I had a couple shots showing the beam pattern but they didn't turn out for some reason...my phone needed to be factory restored, I suppose something was messed up. I'll get new shots taken as soon as I can.
they look great. my 04 is in desperate need of a headlight upgrade. Im gonna pick these up. i may need some advice on shortening that housing when the time comes.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:18 PM
RedLance
New User
Originally Posted by jmren81
they look great. my 04 is in desperate need of a headlight upgrade. Im gonna pick these up. i may need some advice on shortening that housing when the time comes.
Sure thing. I may just post up some photos of the old housings and the new modified ones.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:15 PM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by RedLance
Sure thing. I may just post up some photos of the old housings and the new modified ones.
I for one am very curious to see the beam pattern. I bought 2 different LED kits and they were both garbage. Also had to trim the bulb retainer for the fan and wires.

Looks so much better with the new lamps. The OG ones were done-ha.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by agsmv1
Had the wife drop her off at the shop to check the oil leak that is getting worse. I just do not have the time to check it or fix it right now. So leaking at the oil pan gasket, potentially the timing chain cover, and the valve cover gaskets....estimate- $4100!! Yikes...

Old 01-11-2019, 09:07 AM
SmackDaddy
Postmaster
Received 234 Likes on 161 Posts
Dude you have nothing but trouble with that truck...
$4100?!? These mechanics are doing people dry...

Old 01-11-2019, 10:18 AM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy

Dude you have nothing but trouble with that truck...
$4100?!? These mechanics are doing people dry...
No kidding! They get their share that is for sure!! Problems, not really, never done any major work to it, except for maintenance and the normal stuff that goes out. Never left me on the side of the road and runs like a top! That being said though I am going to go check out some 2018's this weekend...lol.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:28 AM
SmackDaddy
Postmaster
Received 234 Likes on 161 Posts
No kidding! They get their share that is for sure!! Problems, not really, never done any major work to it, except for maintenance and the normal stuff that goes out. Never left me on the side of the road and runs like a top! That being said though I am going to go check out some 2018's this weekend...lol.
Sorry I’m reading this on my phone and the text us so tiny I thought you were another member with a 6.0 haha

Old 01-11-2019, 10:43 AM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy

Sorry I’m reading this on my phone and the text us so tiny I thought you were another member with a 6.0 haha
Well the dealer did tell me they would give me top dollar for my EX.....as long as it was not a 6.0!!

Old 01-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
The only way a 7.3 could leak from the valve cover gaskets is if they are not installed. I think someone isn't very competent at that shop. Also, the pan attaches to the front cover on the bottom, so it is very likely only your pan is leaking. Now, that isn't anything to downplay, as I am sure you are aware the engine has to come out to reseal the pan. There is no gasket on the oil pan...just sealant. Any rust on the pan?

Old 01-11-2019, 02:34 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Nicmike
The only way a 7.3 could leak from the valve cover gaskets is if they are not installed. I think someone isn't very competent at that shop. Also, the pan attaches to the front cover on the bottom, so it is very likely only your pan is leaking. Now, that isn't anything to downplay, as I am sure you are aware the engine has to come out to reseal the pan. There is no gasket on the oil pan...just sealant. Any rust on the pan?
Hence why I told them to just replace my front brakes, and a broken connector. I asked them to check it out as the brakes have been acting up. Trying to decide what we want to do. I may just sell it, or see how much I can get for trade in. Or keep it...lol.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?