Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 12-31-2018, 08:09 AM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ExxWhy View Post
Looks great with your truck. I like the front kitchen with the window right there. Have fun making memories!
I definitely chose the Grey over Red exterior, the Red looks good in pictures, but not in person in my opinion.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:16 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
I'm diggin the retro look of that boss camper Daddy-O! Safe travels and good luck with it!

Old 12-31-2018, 08:40 AM
Matt M, PA
Posting Guru
Matt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to allMatt M, PA is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
Replacing and improving coverage for the front fender liner splash guards.
Found the original masticated cotton stranded rubber, some final trimming is needed, and new push button fasteners to be ordered.

I've been wanting to do this as mine are starting to tear....where did you get...and what is the material?

Old 12-31-2018, 10:31 AM
ShelbyHauler
Senior User
ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.
My Pinion Seal is leaking, leaving little drops on the ground where I park. Looking at Rock Auto, there are many types/sizes for many ring gear sizes.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...nion+seal,2380

Any idea which one works with my 2004 V10 3.73 RWD Ex?

Thanks

Old 12-31-2018, 10:56 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
I got one from the dealership. See part photo.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10449902

Old 12-31-2018, 11:53 AM
ShelbyHauler
Senior User
ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
I got one from the dealership. See part photo.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10449902
Thanks for that, but I'm looking for the proper pinion seal for the RWD, yours is a 4x4.

Looks like there are two choices for the RWD. NATIONAL 4278 Rear Outer; Visteon; 10.5" Ring Gear $6.99

USA STANDARD GEAR USA30069 {#18024, 48103} Pinion Seal Rear; for 10.25" Ford $7.29

Maybe just get both?

Old 12-31-2018, 12:38 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Rear ‘outer’ is for the axle. You want the seal for the ‘pinion’. Still, I’d call the dealership for their price. I’d hate to put in a cheap seal and have to do the job twice.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:11 PM
ShelbyHauler
Senior User
Rear ‘outer’ is for the axle. You want the seal for the ‘pinion’. Still, I’d call the dealership for their price. I’d hate to put in a cheap seal and have to do the job twice.

I am looking at the "Differential Pinion Seal" section. Not sure why the Nation part states outer, both parts above and below state Pinion. Timkin is not an inferior part in my opinion. I'm just not paying for that overpriced "Ford" logo box that is going to end up in the trash.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:30 PM
ShelbyHauler
Senior User
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for your seal?

Old 12-31-2018, 03:03 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
I don’t recall, but you’re right, it was likely double the $7 you’re paying.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:29 PM
ShelbyHauler
Senior User
I don’t recall, but you’re right, it was likely double the $7 you’re paying.
What I don't get, is why you are so worried about how much I will pay for the part, when my question was, which part. I do not go to my local Ford dealership. Most of the people there do not speak English, and I have been overcharged by them in the past. If I knew the right part, I might order it from Rock Auto, I might order it from Tasca Ford. But honestly, where I purchase the part from is not of your concern. I will thank you for your lack of help and be done with you.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:47 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Matt M, PA View Post
I've been wanting to do this as mine are starting to tear....where did you get...and what is the material?

The material is masticated rubber. This was the only place that I found that offered the OE spec.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:58 PM
garryk6
Elder User
garryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to behold
Even though I sold my Supercharged Ex, I was able to transfer many of the goodies and icing from the supercharged Ex to my stock Ex in Washington and my F350 that I am keeping. As well as the new owner was my sons boss, and didn't want the lift. So the lift is been pulled and is now going on my sons F250 CCLB 7.3 XF-6 4x4 Lariat that he just bought. I had swapped the F350's clear 04 head lights, grill and bumper to the Supercharged Ex and the 05 Road armor bumper and Harley grill and headlights to the F350. I put the stock taillights on the Supercharged Ex and then put my LED tail lights and a set of 04 clear headlights I had from another truck on my stock 00 Ex in Washington. Had to have the PCM and GEM replaced on the 00Ex and now the OD light is blinking on the shift lever. It's always something... But it is nice to have so many choices for my trucks and my son's for swapping parts around. Also drove my 1975 F350 SCS!! Well have a happy and safe New Year everyone !

Old 12-31-2018, 07:34 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ShelbyHauler View Post
What I don't get, is why you are so worried about how much I will pay for the part, when my question was, which part. I do not go to my local Ford dealership. Most of the people there do not speak English, and I have been overcharged by them in the past. If I knew the right part, I might order it from Rock Auto, I might order it from Tasca Ford. But honestly, where I purchase the part from is not of your concern. I will thank you for your lack of help and be done with you.
the ford design is superior to aftermarket. Find the ford part number, then order it off rockauto or amazon or ebay..... i bought both and only did the ford one, the national went back.

im fairly certain the rear axle should be the same 2x4 or 4x4, but I haven’t confirmed that.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:24 PM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
OEM is always best. Engineered using strict requirements, testing and checking. Yes, now and then a part or assembly fails but for the most part the intention is the highest quality part.

I bought a "Junk" Auto 6 oh sized trans cooler for my truck, showed up damaged. Sent it back, got another, not damaged but inspected it closely for a while. It was complete garbage. I sent it back sighting all the flaws and build issues and was refunded, inc shipping, no questions asked. Bit the bullet for an OEM part and was not disappointed.

I get paid to haul super high end show cars and I cannot have parts failing leaving me/us stranded on the road with a 6 (sometimes 7) digit car in the trailer. I use OEM parts, therefore, I can mash the throttle and know I will get there. If you are hauling a TT, skid loader, pile of wood, kids to hockey...whatever, you need to get there.

Just my 2 cents worth, take it how you will. I hope everyones repairs/upgrades go perfectly in the new year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.