Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 12-24-2018, 08:32 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
Replacing and improving coverage for the front fender liner splash guards.
Found the original masticated cotton stranded rubber, some final trimming is needed, and new push button fasteners to be ordered.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:31 AM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Hauled a car yesterday. The poor Ex got stuck in the mud trying to turn the open trailer around. Gotta clean the mud off of it. A Honda helped me get out , just needed a slight tug.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:41 AM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Excurvelle View Post
Hauled a car yesterday. The poor Ex got stuck in the mud trying to turn the open trailer around. Gotta clean the mud off of it. A Honda helped me get out , just needed a slight tug.
honda civic?

Old 12-25-2018, 12:40 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
agsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to behold
Diesel leak somewhere around the fuel bowl. Small but still there. Ordered o-ring rebuild kit from diesel o-rings...also ordered a baldwin fuel filter from amazon. After further investigation it looks like there is diesel weeping from the fuel filter lid. I had to buy a cheapy from Advance in July. Gonna go the easy way first then if I need to I will rebuild the fuel bowl.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:45 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
Started the install process of the rear air deflector I found at the junkyard.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Flyboy1100 View Post
honda civic?
Accord. 2WD Ex's get stuck in mud like crazy,

Old 12-25-2018, 09:54 PM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
Started the install process of the rear air deflector I found at the junkyard.

Seriously dude. I had to turn down the brightness on my monitor, your rig is so clean and shiny.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:32 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Excurvelle View Post
Accord. 2WD Ex's get stuck in mud like crazy,
it's kinda funny

Old 12-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
I put Lamin-x on my new OEM 05-07 headlights to protect them from UV mostly but also just general sandblasting from driving..... had good luck in the past with all other vehicles i have put it on or similar (headlight armor). peel it off after 100k+ miles and the lights still look new!

also, just drove it. it's nice to just be able to drive it and not work on it

Old 12-26-2018, 05:14 AM
01__Excursion
Elder User
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
Seriously dude. I had to turn down the brightness on my monitor, your rig is so clean and shiny.
Thank You..!!
It's very well cared for.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:39 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
Thoughts?... other than 'easy on the eggnog'.

I like the GREEN a lot! Would be perfect to have it color matched to the body, not sure if the cap would be better color matched or black or the chrome.......or maybe the lower cladding color?

Old 12-26-2018, 07:20 AM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Oldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant future
Cap in black would look good, IMHO

Old 12-26-2018, 10:07 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by ExxWhy View Post
Is that plastidip cc? Maybe do the center cap too. Green or black.
Wait, the silver is the after pic?
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
I like the GREEN a lot! Would be perfect to have it color matched to the body, not sure if the cap would be better color matched or black or the chrome.......or maybe the lower cladding color?
Originally Posted by Oldguyfl View Post
Cap in black would look good, IMHO
I painted the wheel a couple different shades of green, this was the best for what i had in rattle cans. then painted it silver for the stock look. Im going to get them powder coated eventually. Didnt have an extra center cap to paint. I'll do a spray out of the green when i take the wheels so we can get close. Im planning on a flat or semi flat finish. As for the caps, the cladding color is a good idea, I'll have to test it first. Black is the other choice.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:15 AM
PrescottIce
Elder User
PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
I painted the wheel a couple different shades of green, this was the best for what i had in rattle cans. then painted it silver for the stock look. Im going to get them powder coated eventually. Didnt have an extra center cap to paint. I'll do a spray out of the green when i take the wheels so we can get close. Im planning on a flat or semi flat finish. As for the caps, the cladding color is a good idea, I'll have to test it first. Black is the other choice.
Thinking of doing mine in body color with a matte finish - that sometimes green-ish, sort of gold-ish they call "Mineral Gray Metallic". Maybe just a shade or two darker.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:27 AM
sammie0126
Postmaster
sammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputationsammie0126 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I cleaned mine off and fired it up, sure wish I was driving it Sunday instead of my F150 when a guy pulled out in front of me.

​​​​​​​I see you are back to getting all that snow you so love!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.