Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 12-22-2018, 02:16 PM
xrsfsho
Senior User
xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.

installed my 35x12.5 full size spare finally

Old 12-22-2018, 02:42 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by xrsfsho View Post

installed my 35x12.5 full size spare finally
What all did you need to modify to get her to fit? I need to do the same since I have an extra tire.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:08 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
So I went and looked at these on 1AAuto,.. the ones you found were for the 40/20/40 bench, not bucket seats. The ones that say they are for the driver's bucket seats look pretty symmetrical.

I'll hold on to my defunct foam and compare it to my pass. seat for S&G
When I bought new front seat foams with heat from Ford, they were the same with the exception of the left and right cut outs for the seat belt, and or recline structure.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:33 PM
Aaron_Jones
Senior User
Aaron_Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well I put my X to rest as I was on my way to work in the AM and found some black ice in the dense fog and lost control and hit the cement median. The Insure company has settled with me more than I expected it seems the X holds good value for those that keep it in good shape. The guy said that is the most I have ever seen pay out for a 2002 vehicle, lol! I just grinned cause I know the value. I'm not ready to pursue another X at this time so I'm going to pick up a 95 Bronco. Found one with no rust and well kept. Even has a rag top along with the hard top. Thank you to all you X owners for the great info I truly appreciate it.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:48 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Bummer! Glad you are OK and didn't hit anybody else. Not a good feeling I can say from sad experience.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:56 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
that is a bummer man, how much they give you for it?

Old 12-23-2018, 10:18 AM
xrsfsho
Senior User
xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post

What all did you need to modify to get her to fit? I need to do the same since I have an extra tire.
remove stock spare. at the floor area there us a bracket that needs to be removed. it is held on with three bolts (8mm I think) take that off then fold third row seat down. put in new full size spare. you will need to add a clevis or get a new I bolt to extend it out alittl further (to make up for the larger tire). once its since down fold third row back up. the corner will be smooshed alittle but not a big deal to me.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:22 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Swapped out front shock absorbers to KYB and installed the 20" wheels with General Grabber HTS 275/65/20 tires. As pirate4x4_camo had said in another post, there is a rub against the leaf springs even with a 2" spacer, but only when at full left/right locked steering. I will live with this for now until I get the steering stop/ turn limiter extended to prevent the tires from rubbing on the leafs.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:02 AM
DavenTn
Fishslayer
DavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant future
I have 2" steel spacers and the same wheels with Michelin tires, of the same size.... no spring rub.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:49 AM
pirate4x4_camo
Post Fiend
pirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputationpirate4x4_camo has a superb reputation
Looks great !
bonus points for the factory mud guards.....rare little gems right there.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:55 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DavenTn View Post
I have 2" steel spacers and the same wheels with Michelin tires, of the same size.... no spring rub.
After reading this, I went back and looked behind the wheels and on the springs. There aren't any rub marks on the leafs. But I definitely know it is rubbing something. Possibly the fender well covers. I'll check again.

Originally Posted by pirate4x4_camo View Post
Looks great !
bonus points for the factory mud guards.....rare little gems right there.
Those came on the EX! I have a set of Husky mud guards siting on the shelf that I had bought for the previous EX.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:05 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
Found the culprit. The tire is rubbing on the mudguard. There are no other places with rub marks. This is just half turn. I'll prolly just take the heat gun to it and reshape the plastic.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:04 PM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Thoughts?... other than 'easy on the eggnog'.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:13 PM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
Swapped out front shock absorbers to KYB and installed the 20" wheels with General Grabber HTS 275/65/20 tires. As pirate4x4_camo had said in another post, there is a rub against the leaf springs even with a 2" spacer, but only when at full left/right locked steering. I will live with this for now until I get the steering stop/ turn limiter extended to prevent the tires from rubbing on the leafs.

Thats a good looking truck.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:04 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Is that plastidip cc? Maybe do the center cap too. Green or black.
Wait, the silver is the after pic?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.