Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 12-14-2018, 08:04 PM
ShelbyHauler
Senior User
ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.ShelbyHauler has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
Received finished pics of my steering wheel today, which was sent off to Dallas Custom Steering Wheel while I wait for LightWerkz to finish my HID retrofit. The wheel was done to match the recovered seats
Looks nice!

Old 12-14-2018, 09:07 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Replaced the K&N with a Motorcraft Severe Duty AIS kit. Part # 2U2Z9K635AA.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:44 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
bleed my brakes and raised my new 05-07 lights up another 1.5". so far no one is flashing me so they must not be too high, the pattern looks really close to where it should be now and even better than last night! gonna leave it alone for a while.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:56 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Should have thought twice about the soft mud in the backyard due to all the rain. 5 20" wheels and 5 New Tires kept the rear all weighed down and dug deep. Took a few attempts and a switch to 4x4 low to get it out. But messed up the yard pretty bad

Old 12-15-2018, 08:20 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
Should have thought twice about the soft mud in the backyard due to all the rain. 5 20" wheels and 5 New Tires kept the rear all weighed down and dug deep. Took a few attempts and a switch to 4x4 low to get it out. But messed up the yard pretty bad

Don't feel bad, I did that last week in my field with my 2WD Durango while trying to get rid of brush. My father in law tried to get me out with his 4x4 Dakota and buried it in the mud to the frame. My wife's uncle was tending to the cows and his 4x4 Gator got us both out.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:46 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Excurvelle View Post
My sister texted me today, while driving her 2000 Ex 7.3l 2WD with 400,000 on it broke a tie rod while on the interstate around Raleigh. She was able to control it to a stop, could have easily wrecked. I told her to get all of the tie rod ends replaced, check ball joints, alignment and to replace sway bar bushings and links. She was having it towed to a dealer.
My sister's Ex is still in the shop. The bearings seized and broke the spindle and caliper. I have never heard about this happening on a 2wd.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:24 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
Don't feel bad, I did that last week in my field with my 2WD Durango while trying to get rid of brush. My father in law tried to get me out with his 4x4 Dakota and buried it in the mud to the frame. My wife's uncle was tending to the cows and his 4x4 Gator got us both out.
I am feeling bad only 'cos now I have created extra work for me in the spring to get this yard back to shape. Takes my time away from Golf and working on the EX

Old 12-16-2018, 07:45 AM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
I am feeling bad only 'cos now I have created extra work for me in the spring to get this yard back to shape. Takes my time away from Golf and working on the EX

That is not too bad. Let it settle over the winter, in the spring throw some dirt in it, seed it and straw. In 2 years you will never know it happened. Nature has a wonderful way of smoothing the ground.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:51 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
That is not too bad. Let it settle over the winter, in the spring throw some dirt in it, seed it and straw. In 2 years you will never know it happened. Nature has a wonderful way of smoothing the ground.
That is the plan

Old 12-16-2018, 11:52 AM
lonnyallison
Freshman User
lonnyallison is starting off with a positive reputation.

This happens, I'm sure, more than people like to admit . I did it last year trying to get my trailer from the back of my yard for a trip to lowes. A load of soil in the spring and some seed, it'll be good as new.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:13 PM
lonnyallison
Freshman User
lonnyallison is starting off with a positive reputation.
What I've done recently..

Hey all, I intro'ed over in the "Intro to FTE" thread. Thought I'd drop a little something in this thread and say hi. Recent purchase of an 03' 6.0L X with 103K miles. I went over the truck with a fine tooth comb and it's pretty clean. It's not "MINT MINT MINT" by any means but overall very well taken care of. I'm looking forward to learning a ton from you all and hopefully contributing a little something to the site in the future. I'm no stranger to mods, or wrenching in general but this IS my first diesel. The truck is currently at the shop with the heads removed for a stud and delete job but the machine shop found both heads cracked and un-repairable by them. I will be ordering a set from UCF on monday. This is not the news I was hoping for but I guess it's best to start off with a clean slate and know how everything been done from jump. While at the shop it's getting a litany of upgrades including 4" Flo Pro turbo back exhaust, Blue spring upgrade, SCT Livewire with EGT probe, new oil cooler, coolant bypass filter, new t-stat and water pump and a new IPC valve and pig tail. I plan on using the truck as my DD while being able to reliably tow our TT and boat where ever, when ever, while hauling around the family.

Old 12-16-2018, 02:14 PM
Peace2Peep
Elder User
Peace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to behold
Welcome! This is the most comprehensive and engaging family of Ex owners anywhere! Glad you joined!

Old 12-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Peace2Peep
Elder User
Peace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to beholdPeace2Peep is a splendid one to behold
What's happening that it's drinking fuel Toreador?

Old 12-16-2018, 05:10 PM
DavenTn
Fishslayer
DavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant future
My sister's Ex is still in the shop. The bearings seized and broke the spindle and caliper. I have never heard about this happening on a 2wd.
Caliper seized, over heated bearing, it seized and broke spindle. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:24 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation

well you know what they say about golf anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.