Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 12-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 90limited View Post

I'm getting ready to replace this crunchy brake line. Was thinking I would cut old line and crimp so master and abs don't drain. Run new line and hook up at abs block last. Then make my 16 year old sit in truck and pump brakes to get them bleed.

these work fantastic.....
Amazon Amazon

Old 12-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
man ive never seen a crustier brake line, and ive had quite a few 40s chevys.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:40 PM
90limited
Senior User
90limited is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
man ive never seen a crustier brake line, and ive had quite a few 40s chevys.
the little wet looking one is brake line. The big dry crunchy one is power steering. Afraid to touch the power steering as the steering box is just as crunchy. Not sure I could get the hoses off without trashing the steering box. 😳

Old 12-11-2018, 04:15 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
Any way to get a grey cloth cover? I only see leather and vinyl. I'm probably going to get the cushion from them, but still would have tears in my seat.
I looked for a while for cloth seat replacement covers, never found any.

I just put some FIA seat covers in my chebby work truck. They fit OK, but definitely look like seat covers.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:44 PM
danno676
Junior User
danno676 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I bought one

2004 v10 with 100k. Changed the oil, rotated the tires, and gave it a good check over.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:10 AM
90limited
Senior User
90limited is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by danno676 View Post

2004 v10 with 100k. Changed the oil, rotated the tires, and gave it a good check over.
Nice!!!. Looks really clean. Any rust?

Old 12-12-2018, 06:07 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.

Nice one! Love the wheels.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:03 AM
danno676
Junior User
Thank you! There's not one bit of rust anywhere on it, it is been a local southern Virginia truck since the day it was purchased. The last seven years of its life was spent in Richmond as a city environmental truck. The only problem with it is the lower seat covers on the driver and passenger side, certainly not a big deal.

The wheels will likely be coming off soon, if you're interested in a nice road trip.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:34 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Thank you! There's not one bit of rust anywhere on it, it is been a local southern Virginia truck since the day it was purchased. The last seven years of its life was spent in Richmond as a city environmental truck. The only problem with it is the lower seat covers on the driver and passenger side, certainly not a big deal.

The wheels will likely be coming off soon, if you're interested in a nice road trip.
No rust huh, lucky you. Good find.

Re wheels, normally I would but I already have a set. Just contemplating changing them on the EX and what color to PC them. Close friend has a 2001 F250 7.3 that lost an injector and filled the tank with oil. We were going to fix it but he decided its not worth all the trouble. Its a rotted out 350k plus vehicle and its done. He gave it to me. I mainly want the drivetrain and diffs. Im going to rebuild the front and swap it, use the engine for a core, trans is fresh and an extra transfer case is always good to have. Im sure theres some other parts I will shelf but those are the bigs.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:43 AM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ShelbyHauler View Post
Another question, for 96firephoenix or anyone else, was the 10000K HID XENON CHROME LED HALO PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS 1999-2004 FORD F250 F350 EXCURSION (adding the HID's instead of the Halogen or LED) a possible option for the appx $50 more? Seems you had to put a little more into it by adding the LED's anyway for improved low beam lamps. Just interested as I do my research/homework for my possible purchase. My headlamps are in good shape but as they are 2004 stock lamps, the lighting is poor compaired to today's standards.
I already had the LEDs on hand from a project that never really got off the ground on another car. I didn't even see that this seller offered them with an HID kit when I bought mine. I think the HID would be the route to go instead of the LED main beams just due to the pattern fill.

Just want to reiterate that I'm having some serious problems aiming these lights away from other drivers' eyes. They are currently aimed so high that they shine in the faces of SUV drivers. They might be going back to the seller on their return policy if I can't get them properly aimed.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:47 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
Just want to reiterate that I'm having some serious problems aiming these lights away from other drivers' eyes. They are currently aimed so high that they shine in the faces of SUV drivers. They might be going back to the seller on their return policy if I can't get them properly aimed.

I had the exact same issue with a prior project that involved cutting the header panel on the older model EXs. This time around, I decided not to cut my original header panel and got the 05+ panel already. I am hoping that is one issue that won't crop up when I go with the projector retrofit project.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:09 AM
danno676
Junior User
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
No rust huh, lucky you. Good find.

Re wheels, normally I would but I already have a set. Just contemplating changing them on the EX and what color to PC them. Close friend has a 2001 F250 7.3 that lost an injector and filled the tank with oil. We were going to fix it but he decided its not worth all the trouble. Its a rotted out 350k plus vehicle and its done. He gave it to me. I mainly want the drivetrain and diffs. Im going to rebuild the front and swap it, use the engine for a core, trans is fresh and an extra transfer case is always good to have. Im sure theres some other parts I will shelf but those are the bigs.
. Yeah it was a good find, all my other super duties and other vehicles have all been southern vehicles. I bought one truck that was from Maryland, and that had a rust bubble starting when I sold it at about six years old.

Good luck with the salvage truck, sucks that they have to get so rusty up there. I imagine the oil pan on that 7.3 is in pretty rough shape by now.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:17 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
I had the exact same issue with a prior project that involved cutting the header panel on the older model EXs. This time around, I decided not to cut my original header panel and got the 05+ panel already. I am hoping that is one issue that won't crop up when I go with the projector retrofit project.
im really hoping cutting my header panel and using OEM lights will result in fully aimable lights. Also not planning anything other than philips xtreme vision bulbs, so that should help

hoping to find out tomorrow since I finished my relay harness today

Old 12-12-2018, 10:43 PM
danno676
Junior User
Originally Posted by Flyboy1100 View Post

im really hoping cutting my header panel and using OEM lights will result in fully aimable lights. Also not planning anything other than philips xtreme vision bulbs, so that should help

hoping to find out tomorrow since I finished my relay harness today
The last 05 conversion I did, I was able to clearaance the header panel on my 01 and have a clean install and lots of movement for aiming. Even after lifting it 8" I was able to aim the lights properly.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:43 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
. Yeah it was a good find, all my other super duties and other vehicles have all been southern vehicles. I bought one truck that was from Maryland, and that had a rust bubble starting when I sold it at about six years old.

Good luck with the salvage truck, sucks that they have to get so rusty up there. I imagine the oil pan on that 7.3 is in pretty rough shape by now.
The pan on the SD is mostly JB Weld at this point. As well, I have a couple of JB repairs on my EX. Hoping it holds until next year when I will be replacing the engine/restoring mechanicals.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.