Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 12-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Talking

Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
Earthquake in Anchorage. Alaska friends ok?

geez a little earthquake and you guys all go crazy, nice you guys think of us tho. we did lose a coffee mug that fell off the fridge other then that nothing bad happened. i think it was worse for people in the lower 48 then it was for us,

Old 12-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Talking

Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
I called Russell earlier, he and his family are OK

Not sure about Skip though
haha! ya my wife was telling me somone left a message today! i didnt call back busy fighting the crowds at the store getting some junkfood.i was almost out of donuts!

Old 12-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Flyboy1100 View Post

my new arms easily have double the spring force of my old ones, but i will keep this in mind if i need to do this again.
can you get the springs thru ford? i hate to use some sceen door springs from the hardwarestore.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
can you get the springs thru ford? i hate to use some sceen door springs from the hardwarestore.
not from the parts listing.

My old ones were pretty bad lookimg anyway, for now iím happy with the change

Old 12-03-2018, 10:07 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
After giving up on finding a set of HD 18's, I scored a set of almost new 20's along with lug nuts and hub caps for a very very good price. Now starts the search for tires and spacers. This pattern is my all time favorite design of the OEM wheels made by Ford.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:26 PM
seijirou
Posting Guru
seijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
After giving up on finding a set of HD 18's, I scored a set of almost new 20's along with lug nuts and hub caps for a very very good price. Now starts the search for tires and spacers. This pattern is my all time favorite design of the OEM wheels made by Ford.

I'm with you on that. If I were to do it again I would go with 2" BORA spacers. I also replaced all the studs in my spacers with OEM studs.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:39 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by seijirou View Post
I'm with you on that. If I were to do it again I would go with 2" BORA spacers. I also replaced all the studs in my spacers with OEM studs.
Donald, Did you have to do the spring swap to gain more clearance for these wheels? What size tires did you go to?

Old 12-03-2018, 10:47 PM
seijirou
Posting Guru
seijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud ofseijirou has much to be proud of
I did change the springs but it was because my fronts were bottoming out constantly. I expect it would fit fine at a stock height with healthy springs. My tires are 275/65-20 Nitto G2

Old 12-04-2018, 06:09 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by seijirou View Post
What spacers do you currently run on them? I can't afford Fred's adapters.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:27 PM
seijirou
Posting Guru
EDIT: Sorry Prakash I had this sitting in draft all day and never hit post apparently.

Originally Posted by unleashd View Post
What spacers do you currently run on them? I can't afford Fred's adapters.
I'll give you 2 answers. BORA are the ones I would recommend.
Amazon Amazon

SDT are the ones I'm running. https://streetdirttrack.com/collecti...pacer-set-of-4

I recommend BORA because I've since learned that they just go right on front and rear no problems.

With the SDT the front went on fine but I had to do clearancing on the rear.

Also with the SDT the studs were just too short so I had to replace them. I never heard that about the BORA. Truth be told I would probably change them anyway because I like the long factory ones but I'd say use your best judgement. You can always fit them to the wheel before installing them on the truck to check.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:27 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
Anyone know how long the warranty is on the 1aauto tow mirrors? I see the newer ones listed now have a limited lifetime warranty but the one I bought is no longer listed. The power fold motor seems to be going out on my driver's side mirror.
i thought for features not originally available they didn't warranty anything.
To follow up, I emailed 1Aauto on Friday and received a new set today. Need to send back the old ones to keep the warranty going as per the rep. I gotta say, that's pretty good warranty support.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Donald, are you frozen yet?

Old 12-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
To follow up, I emailed 1Aauto on Friday and received a new set today. Need to send back the old ones to keep the warranty going as per the rep. I gotta say, that's pretty good warranty support.
thats good o know since those mirrors are still on my todo someday list

Old 12-05-2018, 07:19 AM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
thats good o know since those mirrors are still on my todo someday list
Based on this experience, I would say if you're going to do the upgrade then go with 1Aauto instead of eBay or Amazon. They may be similar quality but for the little you will save and end up without a warranty, it's better just to go with 1Aauto. And no, they didn't pay me to say that, just my personal opinion.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:42 AM
seijirou
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Nicmike View Post
Donald, are you frozen yet?
Yes I am. Stop laughing at me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.