Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Twawsi
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today I added a PMF Dual Steering Damper with Fox dampers. Didn’t need it, wanted it. I’ll leave it on until I feel the need to go back to stock but until then, I like it!

Old 07-08-2018, 10:48 PM
inthedirt
Tuned
The lift is off!!!!!

Took off the dual front shocks, the massive 10 leaf front springs, removed 2 of the 6 rear leaves, and also the 5.5in lift blocks. Kept the adjustable track rod bracket and longer pitman arm from the BDS kit as I'm still sitting higher than stock. Gotta wait for everything to settle, but I'm still around 27.5-28in fender to midline on the hub @ each corner. That's down from 32.5in all around, so I'll take it! Done in my driveway over 2 days this week and saved me $1600 quoted to me by a local 4wd shop. Still need to install some new tires and shocks, but this is ahuge improvement.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:16 PM
96firephoenix
Laughing Gas
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Low-hanging fruit: I put all the trim pieces back that I popped in order to trace down my rear washer leaks.

Still got a blown line from the tank to the front though...

Old 07-09-2018, 10:20 PM
Peace2Peep
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Had a Mishimoto Radiator installed, new LED headlights on order from Amazon (one of my old ones crapped out and a set was a cheap and fast option.), sent in my overhead compass/computer for the infamous fix and reinstalled today. Now...get new batteries in my tire pressure monitor caps and maintenance prepping for my 3,000 family road trip begins!

Old 07-11-2018, 12:28 AM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Last week I did my own u-joints - pulled the TT to our weekend camping destination - got home, parked, annnnnnnnd scheduled a shop appointment for head gaskets and studs... Right at 222K during a hill climb on the way home I splooshed almost my entire degas bottle into the engine bay. I guess it was an achievement in and of itself to make it to 222K on the stock head bolts in the first place.

I did get this pic during the trip tho:

Taidnapam Park, in the shadow of Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:22 AM
96firephoenix
Laughing Gas
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Peace2Peep
sent in my overhead compass/computer for the infamous fix and reinstalled today.
Who'd you send it to and how much was it? I've also got the problem and less free time right now than I'd like for this task.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
I can highly recommend Circuitboardmedics.com for the overhead computer repair.

I think they are still a site sponsor, too.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:41 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by DidieX
Get the handle off ebay, its metal as opposed to the original plastic one. Take apart both and combine the metal handle with the rest of the parts from the original one. Worked great for me. It's not too difficult to change, just a lot of screws. I just added a rear camera to mine and had to take it all apart again. To open the hatch, stick the short end of an Allen key up into the hole and pull down.
Got the new handle in and installed. I looked at both the original and metal replacement side by side and didn't see anything worth swapping over from the original to make the new one better. The only thing I found after install was the new metal one held the license plate surround trim out a tiny bit further than the original. Wasn't enough for me to pull it apart again and swap the mounting bracket part of the handle assembly.

Works like a charm and feels much more solid than the factory plastic part.

I did have to unbolt the window regulator and slide it to the side some to get at the bolts easier.

Now I am onto our 05 CRV. It has a VSA (vehicle stability assist) system that when it gets old (not even that old I read in some instances) problems arise and one of the fallbacks is it locks up the brakes randomly if it senses something wrong. So I am reading pages of junk about that now and seeing if I can disable it or even eliminate it totally. It is very hard to get past the snowflakes and their "Its a safety feature, your gonna end up in the ditch if you disable it" people. I guess having the brakes lock up randomly (even possible on the highway I read) is the safer route to some. lol

Old 07-13-2018, 11:55 AM
TrinityGunSlinger
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2003 v10 Owner, So Far Ive replaced Transfer case seals, Replaced front and rear diff fluid.
Added a cell phone holder mount and Bluetooth ODBII device for a set of gauges.
Added a 6.0 cooler and plumed in a TransDap external transmission filter, Fuel Filter.
Upgraded to some Harley headlights and grill, Cut in the ZooDad Ram Air Mod.
Added a set of Powerstop brakes all around and just changed the oil for the 1st time.
HAHA only had her for about a month almost out of cheap things to do!!

Old 07-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Kai Herrmann
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cleaned up after nearly 4000 miles towing out to the Grand Canyon and Moab. NO issues on the trip, barely burned any oil.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Looks fantastic Kai!

I really like that color combo.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:32 PM
Kai Herrmann
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Looks fantastic Kai!

I really like that color combo.
Thanks! I"m glad I ran into it. My other favorite is the beige or whatever it's called.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:08 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
So far this trip to Texas.. Motorcraft ICP sensor...I used a knockoff about 2 years ago- was just reading pressures under 500psi so setting a code with CEL, Also replaced the oriface tube and freon. Nice and cool now!!

Old 07-13-2018, 11:15 PM
Flyboy1100
Laughing Gas
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
got pissed off at it after checking over everything making sure it was all good to go for my upcoming trip, it was.....then i tried to move it back to its parking spot and I only have R and 1, &$*(#&$#(&$*$(*#$&*$&#*$&$$&*$#(*#&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! so now I am either looking at loose feed bolts at 183k, do I just tighten them and hope for the best or go straight for a rebuild, in which case I don't have the money for it right now, house needed AC 6 weeks ago instead, can't sell it with a crap trans, plus all the other money i have in this thing. so for the foreseeable future i think it is just gonna sit. so much for the spare family vehicle

Old 07-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
Drain it, drop the pan and check the magnet. I found a feed bolt on the magnet in mine right after buying it. I put it back in and went another 50k miles before the tranny died.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?