Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 01:58 PM
DidieX
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
I did not know this, how do you use it and is it Nationwide? I use 25% and 30% off codes all of the time.
I didn't know either. I use the 25% code always. I wonder which is cheaper, the club discount or 25%? Or maybe we can combine both?

Old 06-24-2018, 09:11 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by DidieX

Look at us talking yota on a ford forum

haha, shhhhh, they might not even notice!

Thanks for the tips again!

Old 06-25-2018, 06:59 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
I noticed something while camping. My OEM new take off 08+ mirrors, the drivers side lower convex mirror doesn't have the black trim ring around it like all the other mirrors. I have been trying to figure out how that happened. Is it a mistake from ford? Was the lower mirror broke while shipping the truck and the dealer replaced it? Its going to bother the hell out of me now that I know about it..

In this pic you can see it, the lower convex mirror is missing the black trim around it. Thought it may have been just the convex mirror not having it but my passenger side does have it.

Attachment 285107

Old 06-25-2018, 09:46 AM
96firephoenix
Laughing Gas
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
I noticed something while camping. My OEM new take off 08+ mirrors, the drivers side lower convex mirror doesn't have the black trim ring around it like all the other mirrors. I have been trying to figure out how that happened. Is it a mistake from ford? Was the lower mirror broke while shipping the truck and the dealer replaced it? Its going to bother the hell out of me now that I know about it..

In this pic you can see it, the lower convex mirror is missing the black trim around it. Thought it may have been just the convex mirror not having it but my passenger side does have it.
Easy fix: pull it off the Pass. Mirror so that they at least match.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:49 PM
DidieX
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sddesigns
If you need a replacement bumper you can have Blue's being your not all that far away, I'm just 30 minutes from downtown. Just shoot me a PM.
Thanks a million for the bumper! It was a pleasure meeting you and the dogs.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:42 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Your very welcome brother, and FTE is what it's all about. It was great meeting you too, hopefully you can make a GTG sometime in the future.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:21 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix
Easy fix: pull it off the Pass. Mirror so that they at least match.
I don't think it just comes off, I think it is part of a backer for the mirror itself, not just a trim around the edge. I feel the rivers side has been replaced.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:33 AM
96firephoenix
Laughing Gas
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
I don't think it just comes off, I think it is part of a backer for the mirror itself, not just a trim around the edge. I feel the rivers side has been replaced.
oh... well nevermind then, lol.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:33 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by DidieX
Thanks a million for the bumper! It was a pleasure meeting you and the dogs.
Bronx said sorry for chasing you out the gate.....lol

Old 06-26-2018, 03:33 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
The saga continues about the gas tank skid. The rust in the seams is worse than I hoped. I buried the hatchet and found one at a parts yard in Texas. I called the guy and he says it has no rust. It was cheap and comes with the pump and plastic tank too. I guess I'll have a spare tank and fuel pump. All total @ $130 including shipping to NJ. (Did I mention that it was CHEAP?) At that price, it is not worth fixing the one I have. Hopefully it will be good enough that I can just hit the tubes and seams with Eastwood interior frame seal paint and then hit it inside and out with Eastwood rubberized rust encapsulator. That combo has worked wonders for me on another vehicle. just in case anyone ever needs it, the part number for the skid housing/fuel tank combo is 3C74-9K007-CA. Not that anyone has any new ones in stock.

In the meantime, I'll just put the old one in till the new one is ready. It's easy enough to take out and put in. The wife is breathing down my neck to get the truck fixed to go camping. Gotta get this dang thing done.

On the other stuff: The new hitch has been completely coated with Eastwood rubberized encapsulator. All set to go and install it in the next hour. I had scraped down the inner parts of the frame, coated any rust with rust encapsulator, and then coated the frame with 3M Professional rubberized undercoat. Just the areas that will be covered by the hitch and gas tank. I will get to the rest of the frame in stages later this year.

Finally did the rear axle fluid change.

Ordered a Gibson exhaust today. Found the muffler was splitting from rust. Then I ordered new exhaust hangers since the ones on there are corroded bad (I have a thread with the part numbers or the hangers HERE)

I also found two broken exhaust manifold studs. At least they are not broken in the head. This mess never ends.

Edit: New receiver hitch, new Hitch wire socket bracket and socket, fuel filler neck, fuel pump, new fuel hoses new pressure sensor, all done. Gas tank tomorrow morning.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:36 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
I had the dreaded front trans seal leak on the way into the campground yesterday. Up and down hills for an hour and the last slow pull up a fairly steep hill had the trans temp at 229. Just a couple drops on the exhaust when I stopped, left it running in park and once it cooled a bit, no more leak. Hope it stays that way. Guess I am going to spring for a new radiator with the trans cooler, mine is an early build without. As to the seal, plan A is ignore it until it misbehaves again.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:13 PM
inthedirt
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Burned my bald head working in the sun all day on the Ex. Started removing the 10in BDS lift that the PO must have thought worthwhile. Can't wait to be done with it and get back to a more "normal" height. Had started the project last summer, but some of my parts didn't arrive on time and I had to put it back up in the air as we were using it for a family reunion a week later.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:14 PM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
I'll look at the extra one I have and see if it has the trim ring. If it does, you can have it..... not sure where it is though.....hang in there, I'll find it.

Ok, this is crazy, went to look at my mirrors, which are also OEM....yeah, driver fish eye, no bezel, pass., bezel!! Now Im on a mission to find my extra mirror parts.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by carbon coupe

Ok, this is crazy, went to look at my mirrors, which are also OEM....yeah, driver fish eye, no bezel, pass., bezel!! Now Im on a mission to find my extra mirror parts.

Thats weird! Do the driver and passenger fish eye mirror mount the same/interchangeable? If not I wonder if ford had some weird deal with different suppliers and the supplier for the drivers mirror didn't get the note about the plastic.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:20 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
I had the dreaded front trans seal leak on the way into the campground yesterday. Up and down hills for an hour and the last slow pull up a fairly steep hill had the trans temp at 229. Just a couple drops on the exhaust when I stopped, left it running in park and once it cooled a bit, no more leak. Hope it stays that way. Guess I am going to spring for a new radiator with the trans cooler, mine is an early build without. As to the seal, plan A is ignore it until it misbehaves again.
Thats a good plan!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?