Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-15-2018, 06:38 AM
Matt M, PA
Posting Guru
Matt M, PA has a great reputation on FTE.Matt M, PA has a great reputation on FTE.Matt M, PA has a great reputation on FTE.Matt M, PA has a great reputation on FTE.Matt M, PA has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
Here is someone else's write-up on it:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ock-parts.html
Thanks...I have seen that thread before. I was hoping for info on the actual switch shown...makes a nice install.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:25 AM
SmackDaddy
Shade Tree Wrencher
SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
I did mine a couple of years ago. Recently put new style seals in my front doors and did some investigating. The tubing I put in the old ones was basically dust. It added no increased fluffing or dampering of the cell it was in. Yes I bought surgical tubing, yes, I put it in the correct place..... not sure what happened. I feel weather and outside influences (salt) had a huge effect on this. In the long run, replacing the seals with the updated version is clearly the better choice. On top of the fact that getting this tubing in the seal was a total PIA (pain in ****), it is a very short term fix. I appreciate the thinking and effort that went into presenting the tutorial but in the end, its just a (short term) bandaid. Mind you, in other climates there may be no issue but I have confidence in the engineers that created the latest version of the seal and will be replacing the rears with the same OEM type upgrade.

When installing the new upgraded seals, if you go that route, put them on in a nominal state and see where the ends fall. If too long, trim, but make sure your corners are pushed on all the way. If too short, start over and put a little stretch in the seal as you go around the A/B flange. I put mine in the sun for a couple of hours first. Makes them hot but easier to pull.
What did you use to lubricate the tubing? Some lubricants will break down rubber, latex etc.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:25 AM
Twitchyleprechaun
Not So Nice Leprechaun
Twitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputation
So just for the hell of it; I am removing the comolete dash in the parts EX with the plans to clean it up, paint it, and put it into my EX. Basically going for the Eddie Bauer dash colors. Removing the dash may also let me get some sound deadening material on the firewall as well.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant futureExcurvelle has a brilliant future
Heading to Cruisin OC tomorrow with the car hauler in tow. Looks like rain but a week off from work with the family is worth it. Just need to fuel the Ex, load up and hook up and we are heading for the Delmarva Peninsula.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:43 AM
scooterfj62
New User
scooterfj62 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Matt M, PA View Post
scooterfj52....I'd be glad to know more about your mirror switch. Looks great! I've been wanting to do this in my truck, but your solution puts this at the top of my list. What parts were used, etc?
Stock switch from I believe a Lincoln Navigator. Found it on flea bay. Will see if I can find a part number and edit post. Car stereo buddy of mine did the install.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:51 PM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant futurecarbon coupe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post

What did you use to lubricate the tubing? Some lubricants will break down rubber, latex etc.
WD40.....maybe..... I think thats what was in the tut. If not, that could have been the culprit. Good call. More research needed.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:20 AM
brannman
Freshman User
brannman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I washed it. Turns out I have a white Ex! Who knew....

Old 05-17-2018, 01:52 PM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a very good reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a very good reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a very good reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a very good reputation on FTE.
got an owners manual off of ebay. practically new condition.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:21 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)
Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Looking at a cross country move from CT to Seattle. Hard decision, but traded our 2015 Tahoe and Excursion in. For a 2017 Suburban. Sad to see her go, but it was best for us IMO.

My fleet. I'll finagle into a Superduty or Excursion again...lol

Old 05-17-2018, 08:02 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
sururban, yuk-o!!!!!

Old 05-17-2018, 10:15 PM
EXSwap
Senior User
EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
Looking at a cross country move from CT to Seattle. Hard decision, but traded our 2015 Tahoe and Excursion in. For a 2017 Suburban. Sad to see her go, but it was best for us IMO.

The good news is, Seattle is a pretty cool town. Youíll have to take a day and hit the Pike Street market and see the strawberry man. He sells dried strawberries by the pound that are amazing. Itís hard to put them down.

Good luck! Hope to see you back here with an X!

Old 05-18-2018, 04:16 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)
Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
I lived up there for 6yrs in early 2000's while stationed at the Navy base in Silverdale. We loved watching the Pike Place fish tossers. And there was a booth with dried apple chips. Good stuff

Old 05-19-2018, 06:34 PM
01__Excursion
Senior User
01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.

Do you mind my asking what the trade-in amount was that you received on the X?

Old 05-19-2018, 06:41 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)
rusted fist size holes rear rockers, and fist size holes on both inner rockers, interior was pretty much perfect (no holes, 100% there, every gadget worked). no other rust, 94000 miles, 2000 V-10 XLT
they gave me $3500 trade.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:07 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation

Nice fleet, I'm sure the burb is quite luxurious. Still allowed to hang out here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.