What did you do to the X today? - Page 3125 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 11-14-2017, 07:15 AM
Not So Nice Leprechaun

Twitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputation
The EX got some new wheels and tires yesterday.

I decided to jump up from 33s on 16s to 35s on 18s. They are 12.50 wide and I get a little rubbing at full lock on left turns but nothing on right. I have 1/2 inch spacers on the way as well and I will put the on when I donthe brakes with Apoc on Thanksgiving.

We may try 37s on the next set, it all depends how it tows with these first.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:56 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
This weekend's little project. Only the front this week as I am still waiting on the rear calipers to ship (8 weeks now)
Nice, I have the clear coat aluminum SSBC V8 front calipers with the Russell SS lines too, and it will be a night and day difference in the feel of the brakes.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:10 AM
Senior User

CarterKraft has a good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a good reputation on FTE.CarterKraft has a good reputation on FTE.
Put the original 15+ year old belt back on the truck because the 81223 second replacement was all of a sudden too long and rubbing on the tensioner...
No idea WTF is going on with that. I am guessing the last belt I put on was not the correct part number and I didn't notice the tensioner being almost out of travel???

Side note: The 15 year old original Motorcraft belt that has been riding in the rear jack storage area looked better than the 2-3 year old belt on the truck, true statement.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Senior User

NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
Drove it =)

Finished the coolant flush at about 2am last night (I tend to be a night owl instead of an early riser) and now I get to dig further into why it long cranks every so often when starting, especially when cold. Gauges all look fine (FICM, IPR, IPC, etc.), so I grabbed two new Interstate batteries on the way home from work last night. Pulled the NAPAs out and turns out they're only about 18 months old and showing 12.4V on the meter, so serves me right for grabbing batteries before checking the meter.. Oh well, I like Interstate better. It did start this morning on the Interstates, so that's an improvement. I'll have to drive it a few times to see if it stats fine from now on or if I need to keep digging for the problem. Looking into a 6.4 starter is the next move I can think of. Other than that the Ex is running great. 192 temps max on the way to work, delta never more than 3F under load, 5F when the coolant cools faster than the oil at a light or idle. Filters and new rad cap coming in the next few days.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Senior User

NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
Drove it =)

Finished the coolant flush at about 2am last night (I tend to be a night owl instead of an early riser) and now I get to dig further into why it long cranks every so often when starting, especially when cold. Gauges all look fine (FICM, IPR, IPC, etc.), so I grabbed two new Interstate batteries on the way home from work last night. Pulled the NAPAs out and turns out they're only about 18 months old and showing 12.4V on the meter, so serves me right for grabbing batteries before checking the meter.. Oh well, I like Interstate better. It did start this morning on the Interstates, so that's an improvement. I'll have to drive it a few times to see if it stats fine from now on or if I need to keep digging for the problem. Looking into a 6.4 starter is the next move I can think of. Other than that the Ex is running great. 192 temps max on the way to work, delta never more than 3F under load, 5F when the coolant cools faster than the oil at a light or idle. Filters and new rad cap coming in the next few days.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Not So Nice Leprechaun

Twitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputation
I finished my retrofit project for the headlights. I also added led tailights.

I am willing to make some sets for others if they are interested. It will help me offset the cost a bit.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Postmaster

fordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant future
Looking good Twitch!
Old 11-14-2017, 08:35 PM
World Famous Mod

WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
I will be seeing Twitch's new projectors lights this weekend, I'm looking forward to comparing them and my stock '05 lights.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Posting Guru

agsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchyleprechaun View Post

I am willing to make some sets for others if they are interested. It will help me offset the cost a bit.
I got mine done as well, just need to align them a little better, but liking them a whole lot better so far.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:01 AM
Bleed Ford Blue

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchyleprechaun View Post

I'd be interested in a set of black Harley lights. PM me if you are interested in making a few sets.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:36 AM
Senior User

BleackBeast is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BleackBeast is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My new LEDs are kind of insane - I might have to tone it down a bit. I haven't had anyone flipping me off but I think I'm borderline there - visibility is amazing though. Also waiting for the amber tow mirror bulbs (194's), I have white in there right now, but don't like the look of white in the mirrors.

Too bright for the camera.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Just Passin Thru

CharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to behold
The Denso A/C compressor got here from RockAuto overnight(Pico Rivera) and am now awaiting the mobile mechanic to install...It's nice that the old one froze on attempted startup in the driveway so no tow charges...I guess. I haven't had A/C for a while due to the fuse blowing. Update @5:00 ish. Back on the road, thanks to Diaz (mobile) Auto Care!!!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:55 PM
Not So Nice Leprechaun

Look, you don't need to take the cab off. It's my buddy's truck. Head gaskets blew.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:52 AM
Freshman User

csnow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Happy Day! Scored 5 Harley Davidson 2004 rims today. Finally, 18x8 factory rims and no spacers with a matching spare to boot. Good day for sure.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:57 AM
World Famous Mod

WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by csnow View Post
Happy Day! Scored 5 Harley Davidson 2004 rims today. Finally, 18x8 factory rims and no spacers with a matching spare to boot. Good day for sure.

What year is your EX? Did the new H-D wheels come with caps and nuts?
We do require pictures of such things here!