Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 09-19-2016, 11:13 AM
CharlyG
Just Passin Thru
CharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to behold
Got tire nuts loose, got jack and stands ready, got RAS ready, got wrenches ready. A cup of coffee for general "awareness" and I'll be installing the RAS within the half hour. I'll take a few pics along the way for gp.

I lied. My little 2 ton jack is not gonna lift this thing. I forgot that my old jack gave out and I got this nice little 2 ton floor jack that lifted pickups ok, but my EX scoffs at this tuny little thing. I'll either have to borrow one from neighbor, rent one, or find a used one on cl.

Back to the drawing board.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:50 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
A/C did not work yesterday I checked fuses and relays all good, but didn't check the connection at the compressor Tires Plus found the problem and fixed me up for $20.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:41 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Greenscobie86 View Post
Took my truck off roading! Well... Not really...

Man your truck looks great ! Hard to imagine that is a city truck.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:44 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
Did a Turtle Wax Jet Black job on my Ex this afternoon. We are headed out camping on Thursday, and I can't seem to go camping in a dirty truck. Tomorrow I clean the jambs and the interior.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:54 PM
05MilMachine
Posting Guru
05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future
I started to do a turtle wax jet black job today! I didn't finish. Got too hot and I have to work tonight.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:10 PM
hanklin
Ambassador
hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Magnus E View Post
Cool - are you doing the cover swap yourself? Please share the progress and any tips and tricks getting it done. Thanks for the link!
Naw,, A1 upholstery in Dublin did my truck a few years back and Bob was great so he is doing it Friday $200.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Greenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IMASAP View Post
Man your truck looks great ! Hard to imagine that is a city truck.
Thank you sir! I try to keep her clean.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:03 PM
JaySVX
Posting Guru
JaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by az_r2d1 View Post
I had the plastic off in no time... What did you do ???
It came off in pieces. There was no sliding at all. Then, the shaft out of the trans was rounded, almost like a ball, like a collar was put on there. I had to chip it off in many little pieces before I could get the new one on. But the biggest hold-up was finding out what i thought was finding new broken parts along the way.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:09 PM
sig1911
Freshman User
sig1911 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sig1911 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
well my 4wd didn't work in auto mode. so i put a smoke machine on my vacuum lines and found the vacuum actuated 4wd hub locking solenoid leaking. so i changed it out and now the 4wd auto works again

Old 09-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Jason Monea
New User
Jason Monea is starting off with a positive reputation.
Replaced my hood supports this morning, rear window supports will be here tomorrow.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:33 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
I can't seem to go camping in a dirty truck. Tomorrow I clean the jambs and the interior.
I can't take a clean truck camping, I know its going to get all nasty, dusty and dirty. I always detail once I get home.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:54 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I always detail once I get home.

I will probably do that too....

Old 09-19-2016, 07:55 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
We are headed out camping on Thursday, and I can't seem to go camping in a dirty truck. Tomorrow I clean the jambs and the interior.
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I can't take a clean truck camping, I know its going to get all nasty, dusty and dirty. I always detail once I get home.
Consider yourselves lucky.

I can't take a dirty vehicle camping, so it gets detailed a few days before we leave, and then again when we get home.

Stewart

Old 09-19-2016, 07:57 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 05MilMachine View Post
I started to do a turtle wax jet black job today!

Great minds..........

Old 09-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Magnus E
Posting Guru
Magnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by hanklin View Post
Naw,, A1 upholstery in Dublin did my truck a few years back and Bob was great so he is doing it Friday $200.
For $200 I would definitely farm it out too - that's a good deal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.