Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:30 PM
gncw
Freshman User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by freesoul
I don't know much about either of these products, but from a brief glance they seem sort of redundant.... please tell me more. I was going to paint my underbody and hitch.
I'm not an expert in this area, and I have no experience using either of these products in this particular application. I'm just trying to use an approach that makes sense to me. Corroseal is a product that converts the oxide and also serves as a primer for further protective coatings. Fluid fluid film, as I understand, provides a protective barrier to prevent rust. My truck, which I just bought in May, only has very minor amount on the under carriage and none on the body. It's remarkable for a truck that spent its entire life in Pittsburgh and I'm trying to keep it that way. At this time, I can't recommend these products based in my own experience. Unfortunately, I think I'll have to until next year to really be able to say how effective the treatment was.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:05 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I leave on vacation and it's beautiful for weeks sunny and mid 70fs touching 80f. Come back and it rains, rains and rains some more! Finally today we got a nice day, low 70s and some sun.

So I drove the Corvette this morning with the t-tops out, came home at lunch and swapped out for the Oldsmobile. My uncle from NY is in town so all the old cars are up at my grandparents. Made for a nice cruising day back and forth to work.

Name:  20160803_175718_zps9gbhscpi.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  6.75 MB

Also I figured you guys would get a kick out of this Ford spotted in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska over the weekend. Must have been a hell of a drive!
Name:  FB_IMG_1469991055272_zpstvttnecl.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  69.7 KB

Old 08-04-2016, 01:09 AM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
I leave on vacation and it's beautiful for weeks sunny and mid 70fs touching 80f. Come back and it rains, rains and rains some more! Finally today we got a nice day, low 70s and some sun.

So I drove the Corvette this morning with the t-tops out, came home at lunch and swapped out for the Oldsmobile. My uncle from NY is in town so all the old cars are up at my grandparents. Made for a nice cruising day back and forth to work.

Also I figured you guys would get a kick out of this Ford spotted in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska over the weekend. Must have been a hell of a drive!
That must have been a long trip unless he has an engine swap we can't see.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:02 AM
freesoul
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
I was wondering what you guys were talking about so I did a quick Google search. It appears there's a provision in the law that covers people doing that.

Stewart
that provision has been in existence for years, called "Use Tax" and you are supposed to submit it on anything you buy out of state and bring in, or anything you buy at a yard sale, etc that the seller doesn't collect and submit sales tax on. LOL

Taxation is theft.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:31 AM
seijirou
Cargo Master
Received 391 Likes on 240 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
I was wondering what you guys were talking about so I did a quick Google search. It appears there's a provision in the law that covers people doing that.

Stewart
Agreed, although if I were in Penn. on this particular one I'd be saying "catch me if you can".

I'm fine with taxes in general, they're necessary, but this one is abusive and clearly agenda-driven.

I don't believe the existence of a law alone is compelling nor is someone necessarily immoral not to comply. The immorality of non-compliance is the inverse of the morality of the law itself. In this case, IMO the tax itself is immoral.

That said, a person should still understand the risks of non-compliance. Right or wrong authority is still authority.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by seijirou
Agreed, although if I were in Penn. on this particular one I'd be saying "catch me if you can".

I'm fine with taxes in general, they're necessary, but this one is abusive and clearly agenda-driven.

I don't believe the existence of a law alone is compelling nor is someone necessarily immoral not to comply. The immorality of non-compliance is the inverse of the morality of the law itself. In this case, IMO the tax itself is immoral.

That said, a person should still understand the risks of non-compliance. Right or wrong authority is still authority.
Well said and I agree 100% with Jefferson. There are more of these laws popping up everyday spanning from medical procedures to religious freedom.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by seijirou

I believe that taxes are unjust and we need to abolish federal gov.

Tax his land, tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.
Tax his tractor, tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.
Tax his cow, tax his goat,
Tax his pants, tax his coat.
Tax his ties, tax his shirts,
Tax his work, tax his dirt.

Tax his chew, tax his smoke,
Teach him taxes are no joke.
Tax his car, tax his grass,
Tax the roads he must pass.

Tax his food, tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.
Tax his sodas, tax his beers,
If he cries, tax his tears.

Tax his bills, tax his gas,
Tax his notes, tax his cash.
Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers, tax him more,
Tax him until he’s good and sore.
Tax his coffin, tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.

Put these words upon his tomb,
“Taxes drove me to my doom!”
And when he’s gone, we won’t relax,
We’ll still be after the inheritance tax.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:15 PM
OPCJeff
Senior User
Ordered a new alternator today

I ordered a new 185 amp alternator from FICM repair today. Also did a load test on my batteries. Well over 1100 CCA so thats good.

Old 08-05-2016, 01:04 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Well, I got a call tonight from my Ex-Aunt (my uncles Ex wife). She just moved to FL, her car is in transit to FL and she's in town until the 24th and needs to get to work. (apparently her work allows her to work remote from across the country in FL) Anyhow so she's in town for the next 20 days and needs a car. All the car rental places are out of cars. I kinda didn't believe this until I heard it from multiple people who came into town, Thank you tourists!

So I rented her my Excursion for a small daily fee and the agreement it comes back with a full tank. She drives a $60k Lexus so I hope she treats it well. I told her if it has a scratch I'll loose my ****. Fingers crossed!

Let's hope it looks the same when i get it back.
Name:  20160804_201141_zps0qokzna2.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  6.88 MB

Name:  20160804_201123_zpsgesq0wn4.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  7.33 MB

Old 08-05-2016, 03:00 AM
Worldwatcher
Freshman User
Ordered up hawk lts brake pads front and rear and some russel stainless brake lines! Keeping the stock rotors that are in great shape. Looking forward to seeing an improvement in brake feel and stopping distance

Old 08-05-2016, 06:29 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 831 Likes on 571 Posts
Originally Posted by Worldwatcher
Ordered up hawk lts brake pads front and rear and some russel stainless brake lines! Keeping the stock rotors that are in great shape. Looking forward to seeing an improvement in brake feel and stopping distance

Be sure to give the entire brake system a complete flush for the best braking improvement!

Old 08-05-2016, 06:48 AM
KYSlowhand
New User
wrong area would del if I knew how so removed content

Last edited by KYSlowhand; 08-05-2016 at 06:54 AM. Reason: wrong area
Old 08-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Worldwatcher
Freshman User
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Be sure to give the entire brake system a complete flush for the best braking improvement!
Definitely, whats the concensus here on brake fluid? Dot 3 or 4?

Old 08-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Worldwatcher
Freshman User
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
Well, I got a call tonight from my Ex-Aunt (my uncles Ex wife). She just moved to FL, her car is in transit to FL and she's in town until the 24th and needs to get to work. (apparently her work allows her to work remote from across the country in FL) Anyhow so she's in town for the next 20 days and needs a car. All the car rental places are out of cars. I kinda didn't believe this until I heard it from multiple people who came into town, Thank you tourists!

So I rented her my Excursion for a small daily fee and the agreement it comes back with a full tank. She drives a $60k Lexus so I hope she treats it well. I told her if it has a scratch I'll loose my ****. Fingers crossed!

Let's hope it looks the same when i get it back.

I would have said uber lol! Nice tailights I have the same and put led in the third brake light to match and it came out nice

Old 08-05-2016, 10:49 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by Worldwatcher
I would have said uber lol! Nice tailights I have the same and put led in the third brake light to match and it came out nice
Lol, well we don't have Uber, they were here for a few months before the local cab companies threw a huge fit and pushed the city to not allow them to operate in Anchorage any more. So currently no ride sharing services are offered, you only have the choice of two cab companies.

Thanks on the lights I love them, put LED bulbs in the 3rd and love how bright the whole set-up is.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?