Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 06-13-2016, 09:09 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
hwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by "Phatman" View Post
Installed XRF ball joints on Moog bearing over the weekend. Lots of works but not quite as bad as I thought it would be. I am in serious envy of those of you with garages or shops to work on your trucks in. Nc heat over the weekend was ridiculously hot.
It was a scorcher. I'm not ready for the summer heat.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Jerdub
New User
Jerdub is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
Black carpet seems like a good idea, until you have it. My F-150 has black carpet and it shows EVERYTHING! PITA to keep clean, much like black paint which I also am not a fan of.
I am moving from a 2012 Tundra to the Ex... I loved the black carpet in my tundra. Yes it does sow grass and crumbs which vacuum up easily. It doesn't show stains which is what I hate because they're harder to clean.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:28 PM
"Phatman"
Senior User
"Phatman" is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by hwybee22 View Post
It was a scorcher. I'm not ready for the summer heat.
Lol I'm almost ready for fall.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:39 PM
Jerdub
New User
Jerdub is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ufvj217 View Post
with no interior, these trucks look 10x bigger inside than they already do WITH the seats in place haha.
No doubt!

i recently gutted my crew cab f350 to pressure wash the stock gray carpet. i was going to order new black carpet like you chose to do, so it hides stains and dirt like you said, but since my 04 f350 only has 43k miles, it was already pretty clean, and definitely new looking (no rips or anything) so i took it out and pressure washed it a few times then wetvac'ed it as dry as i could, let it air dry for like 5 days outside, then reinstalled. looks brand new now (and has that "new feel") but was a lot of work haha. i just saw the post with pics of your new black carpet (quoted your first post though) and it looks great! almost makes me wish i had went with the black, especially since my interior is gray and my paint is black!!

but yea yours looks awesome, i LOVE tan interior with black carpet (your interior looks tan at least on my computer). my excursion has a tan interior, and the carpet is not as nice looking at my f350, so i plan to eventually order new, probably black, carpet for it. i saw that the carpet padding was not what you expected, and there was no pre-cut holes in it. would you go with it again, or go with a different company? where did you order it from? i may do mine sooner than not, so i'd like your input on it if you don't mind
My interior is dirty gray... this was a country truck for most of it's life so it's super dusty and dog hairy in every crack and crevasse. Every time I take an interior panel off I vacuum and clean behind it. I've never seen a interior this dirty behind the panels.

I paid $318 plus 20-25 shipping from rock auto... which I think is pretty cheap for molded carpet. I generally am cheap so I would likely opt for doing the labor myself instead of spending a lot more money. But I'd love to find a precut option if I were to do it again.

the other option, cheaper, probably just as much work, is leaving the stock carpet in, and gluing universal auto carpet down to the stock carpet. i've done this before, it wasn't very hard and turned out great, granted it was in my mini cooper lmao, so the whole thing is probably the size of the cargo area in our excursions lol. i still may do that, likely cheaper (how much was your kit btw?) and to me easier or just as much work since you can leave the stock carpet in and just need to take out the seats and the lower trim.
My Ex had a smell from being so dirty so a big part of the reason I changed the carpet was to remove the smell so covering the existing was not an option for me. prolly a good option on a smaller ride.

Again, the finished pics you posted looks great!!! i love cloth seats too, people think i'm crazy but i traded a buddy my leather limited seats for his cloth seats that were in great shape. he liked leather and i liked the cloth, we both feel we made out like a bandit! lol
Thanks for all the compliments! I like good leather seats but base leather seats aren't much better than vinyl in Texas. Of course, everyone is entitled to their taste. I wouldn't mind finding a king ranch interior... love the baseball glove leather.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:47 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
Two days till the next Ex mod.

Pics will be posted when complete...

...and no, I am not saying a word until it is done.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:31 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by USCG_PA View Post
Two days till the next Ex mod.

Pics will be posted when complete...

...and no, I am not saying a word until it is done.
Hmm, I woulda thought it would take more than 2 days to add 2 more cylinders, that's the only mod you need to make it perfect!

Old 06-14-2016, 12:40 AM
ufvj217
Postmaster
ufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jerdub View Post
No doubt!

My interior is dirty gray... this was a country truck for most of it's life so it's super dusty and dog hairy in every crack and crevasse. Every time I take an interior panel off I vacuum and clean behind it. I've never seen a interior this dirty behind the panels.

I paid $318 plus 20-25 shipping from rock auto... which I think is pretty cheap for molded carpet. I generally am cheap so I would likely opt for doing the labor myself instead of spending a lot more money. But I'd love to find a precut option if I were to do it again.

My Ex had a smell from being so dirty so a big part of the reason I changed the carpet was to remove the smell so covering the existing was not an option for me. prolly a good option on a smaller ride.

Thanks for all the compliments! I like good leather seats but base leather seats aren't much better than vinyl in Texas. Of course, everyone is entitled to their taste. I wouldn't mind finding a king ranch interior... love the baseball glove leather.
thanks for clarifying all that for me.

and yea, PRE 2008 king ranch leather, i'd take that in a heartbeat! i love it. looks even better when it's broken in and used. i HATE the 2008-current KR leather. just looks like plain cheap red leather to me.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:42 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
I am moving from a 2012 Tundra to the Ex... I loved the black carpet in my tundra. Yes it does sow grass and crumbs which vacuum up easily. It doesn't show stains which is what I hate because they're harder to clean.
I don't have any issues with stains, if kids are ever in my truck they don't have food or drink with them haha. The issues I have with black carpet and black interior in general is all the dust, dirt..ect show up right away and the worst part is my dog has long white hair, the tan in the Ex hides it well but black..nope! To each his/her own the black does look good when clean

i like that sport trac. that's your...grandfathers IIRC? from the part showing in the pic it reminds me of my parents old 2001 f150 CC harley (2nd year they made them i think) we had back then. loved that truck, and back in 2001 if you had rims, let alone 20" rims, you were the ISH! those days are all gone now....lol
Yup that's my Grandpas '08 Sport Trac Adrenalin, it's such a badass truck. Not to mention it's awesome when he pulls up with the loud exhaust and all black truck, people don't expect a 79 year old guy to hop out

Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
Amen the the annoying creaking, I have new Center Link waiting to be installed, but until I get around to it.... It's getting embarrassing.
So, I may have cracked my case! Tightened up my new sway bar links which had come loose and I greased them. I thought they were pre-greased but maybe I was seeing things. So far my creaking and popping is gone.

So tonight I cleaned up the Olds and Cougar for a car show on Thursday which I won't even be in town for since I'm traveling to Seattle Wed night for a wedding. I love this time of year because our lilac tree's are in bloom and smell sooooo good. I decided to give the Ex a hand washing also as it needed a bath badly.

Name:  20160613_171925_zpshfy8rkj6.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  9.33 MB

Three of them together
Name:  20160613_171349_zpstbian84z.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  9.71 MB

Name:  20160613_205324_zpstjsfoyd6.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  8.38 MB

Old 06-14-2016, 03:47 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
them are lilac bushes man. everyone got them in alaska they all over and do smell nice.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:02 AM
"Phatman"
Senior User
"Phatman" is starting off with a positive reputation.
No doubt!

I second that motion. Would love King Ranch seats in my Ex

Old 06-15-2016, 10:54 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Not today but yesterday.
Towed the TT home from Bar Harbor ME, no drama but I think my mileage is starting to drop off slightly. I'm at 110k on the original plugs, hopefully I'll get them changed out on my time off in July and see if that brings the MPGs back up. Back to work today and tomorrow then back out in the TT to MD for the weekend and a wedding down there on the Chesapeake Bay. I really look forward to NOT having to come home from trips and go back to work, still a few more years till retirement though.....

Old 06-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Country_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud of
That's interesting Tom. I realize new spark plugs are on our horizon at 110K. Didn't know that would help mpg. Our mileage could use some help. Hand calculated 9.5 mpg non-towing around town driving. About 8 mpg towing mostly fwy. Does higher octane help at all with that? My DH started putting in 89 while towing for better performance.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Twitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
Not today but yesterday.
Towed the TT home from Bar Harbor ME, no drama but I think my mileage is starting to drop off slightly. I'm at 110k on the original plugs, hopefully I'll get them changed out on my time off in July and see if that brings the MPGs back up. Back to work today and tomorrow then back out in the TT to MD for the weekend and a wedding down there on the Chesapeake Bay. I really look forward to NOT having to come home from trips and go back to work, still a few more years till retirement though.....
Just get a job that puts you on the road.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:11 PM
CheckYosef
New User
CheckYosef is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I got a new windshield installed today, and am picking up a set of 18's this weekend off craigslist. I've got V/B springs sitting in my garage waiting for an install, I can't wait for everything to come together.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:29 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by CheckYosef View Post
I got a new windshield installed today, and am picking up a set of 18's this weekend off craigslist. I've got V/B springs sitting in my garage waiting for an install, I can't wait for everything to come together.

Are the Craigslist 18"s from an '04 Super Duty? If so, are they the H-D, KR, Lariat or SVT version?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.