Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-20-2016, 06:19 PM
FLO98
Senior User
FLO98 has a great reputation on FTE.FLO98 has a great reputation on FTE.FLO98 has a great reputation on FTE.FLO98 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by USCG_PA View Post
I just put the spare tire in the roof rack. really changes the look of the Ex.

I think it completes the look, good job getting it up there. I bet that was super fun!

Old 05-20-2016, 06:55 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by FLO98 View Post
I think it completes the look, good job getting it up there. I bet that was super fun!
Not as bad as I expected. Now getting down with some level of control is going to be tricky...

Old 05-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
I just put the spare tire in the roof rack. really changes the look of the Ex.

Looks great! Here is my question out here in Sunny California your exposing your tire to some severe rays. That being said why is it most of not all folks drive around with spare tire exposed rather than covered? Suppose out here people have money and don't seem to care.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Jointasset
Senior User
Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.
So, the other week, I took off the hood insulation as I am working towards putting mustang style hood vents in, and well, during yesterday's cold rain, the hood was so hot that the rain was turning to steam... Never noticed anything like this before on any of my other cars, so I figured I would share. Note, don't mind the talk radio, I am turning into an older white male, which means I listen to am radio

Steam off the hood - YouTube
Did you notice if it was any noisier over the static with the hood insulation removed? I am on a mission to sound deaden everything possible in the X.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:31 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Jointasset View Post
Did you notice if it was any noisier over the static with the hood insulation removed? I am on a mission to sound deaden everything possible in the X.
It may be a little more clacky from the injectors, but not so much that it was immediately noticed.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:56 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Drove back home from Disney World today, 650 miles pulling the travel trailer, I-95 in South Carolina is the roughest highway! The Ex did great, never whimpered the whole trip, lie-o-meter says 10.4 MPG.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Immortal_Ben
Posting Guru
Immortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud of
Note, don't mind the talk radio, I am turning into an older white male, which means I listen to am radio

Steam off the hood - YouTube
Shoot, I have been listening to AM since I was 14ish. I have heard it referred to as Ancient Man radio.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:01 PM
HiZ
Elder User
HiZ has a great reputation on FTE.HiZ has a great reputation on FTE.HiZ has a great reputation on FTE.HiZ has a great reputation on FTE.HiZ has a great reputation on FTE.
Put in a new head unit..

Old 05-21-2016, 12:03 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
This was a week from hell, then today I wake up late. Send an email that i'll be a little late and rush out the door. Turn the corner about a block from work and see the train crossing down...UGH I lucked out though it was just one train and a pickup. Weeks like these really try my mental sanity lol

Old 05-21-2016, 01:34 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
It may be a little more clacky from the injectors, but not so much that it was immediately noticed.
itll make your hood rust in the supports with all the sweating and condensation.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:43 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
This was a week from hell, then today I wake up late. Send an email that i'll be a little late and rush out the door. Turn the corner about a block from work and see the train crossing down...UGH I lucked out though it was just one train and a pickup. Weeks like these really try my mental sanity lol

Train crossing - YouTube
careful dont run anyone over,

is it to early to joke about that yet?

Old 05-21-2016, 03:38 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
Tell us moar............Why did it need "refreshing" and what all does the refreshing involve? what are you doing to your JW (super trans) that would have it in need of any refreshing?
I could not confirm or corroborate some information due to the nature of the situation, so it would be irresponsible of me to post the substance of what John and I talked about, suffice to say I had a problem with my reverse gear and his explanation was very logical and explained everything, in my opinion.

Since he was going into the trans to rectify the problem and modify a part to make sure the situation can't affect the trans again, I asked him to freshen up his 10 year old build. He kinda chuckled and said except for the problem with reverse and some wear on the converter hub, everything looked great. But knowing my wife plans to be buried with this rig, he completely tore the transmission down, hot washed the internals and the case, sand blasted the case and pan, replaced clutches, planetary gear (completely unnecessary, but ensures the longevity for me), springs, clips, bushings, and the best part, he replaced my old converter with a brand new, stronger converter.

As he said, the progress in technology over the last 10 years has helped develop better parts, and the new converter was a good example.

He explained how the new converter was better, but don't ask me to regurgitate the information because I won't get it correct.

Here are a few pics

Stewart

Old 05-21-2016, 03:50 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
how much extra it cost because of this engraved name on it?

Old 05-21-2016, 07:36 AM
NMSU_RRAggie
Senior User
NMSU_RRAggie has a good reputation on FTE.NMSU_RRAggie has a good reputation on FTE.NMSU_RRAggie has a good reputation on FTE.
Replaced 4 door actuators yesterday. Just the rear latch left.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Jointasset
Senior User
Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Excurvelle View Post
Drove back home from Disney World today, 650 miles pulling the travel trailer, I-95 in South Carolina is the roughest highway! The Ex did great, never whimpered the whole trip, lie-o-meter says 10.4 MPG.
It suckkkkkks beyond belief even unloaded. We had a hunting lease in Yemasee that I drove my f250 to all the time. Fast, slow, it didn't matter as it was miserable. How was fort wilderness? We are heading there again for New Years. Surprisingly saw a few X's there last year w their pull behinds. We cheated and had a camper delivered and set up for when we arrived.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.