Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-16-2016, 12:22 PM
gots_a_sol
Elder User
gots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant future
Ran it out of fuel

I wasn't sure how low I could run it with the new fuel pick up for the the diesel swap. Now I know. Took 40 gallons to refill.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:13 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Hopefully that Cummins is self priming Joe!

Old 05-16-2016, 02:00 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by rockhounds4x4 View Post
the "pine dust" is pollen,
Yup it's defnitalty pollen, here is a news story on it. It's killing me with my allergies...

Spiking levels of birch pollen are hitting Fairbanks, Anchorage and much of the rest of Alaska, with doctors seeing an influx of allergy and asthma patients.

It's gotten so bad that even those who aren't allergic may be experiencing reactions to the airborne irritant.

Anchorage’s tree pollen count on Tuesday afternoon stood at 210, but Demain said pollen counts of 1,000 were being reported in the city last week -- on a scale where a count of 175 is considered high.

Wave of birch pollen brings health concerns to Anchorage | Alaska Dispatch News

The bike is light weight aluminum and apparently the frame is "tweaked" and "compromised". Thus to make him whole agin the only real solution is a new bike. A frame replacement would cost more due to labor to swap out all the non damaged parts.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:55 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
agsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to behold
Not today, but yesterday..Installed Riffraff FRx (PITA), and HPx (piece of cake). That FRx was a major pain. Truck is a hair quieter, and runs quite a bit smoother.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:20 PM
gots_a_sol
Elder User
gots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
Hopefully that Cummins is self priming Joe!
It definitely is not.

Fortunately after cracking the injector lines it came back to life with about 30 seconds of cranking.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:40 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
The bike is light weight aluminum and apparently the frame is "tweaked" and "compromised". Thus to make him whole agin the only real solution is a new bike. A frame replacement would cost more due to labor to swap out all the non damaged parts.
Aluminum doesn't get compromised from a slight bend. Carbon fiber doesn't bend, it cracks or gets small hairline fractures that spread over time. At least your getting a bike out of it!

Old 05-16-2016, 07:11 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
Aluminum doesn't get compromised from a slight bend. Carbon fiber doesn't bend, it cracks or gets small hairline fractures that spread over time. At least your getting a bike out of it!
Apparently there is a small crack on one of the cross braces, either way I need to make him whole again and if i was in his shoes I'd want a new one also considering it's so new. That's kinda how i'm looking at it I could resell the bike or keep it whatever. Just glad he doesn't have any broken bones or anything.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:13 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Apparently there is a small crack on one of the cross braces, either way I need to make him whole again and if i was in his shoes I'd want a new one also considering it's so new. That's kinda how i'm looking at it I could resell the bike or keep it whatever. Just glad he doesn't have any broken bones or anything.
True, most important is that no one got hurt.

So when are we gonna see the pic of you in spandex?

Old 05-16-2016, 07:19 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
um, never haha any riding i plan on doing will be on trails well away from traffic too!

Old 05-16-2016, 10:28 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
So, here is the 2018 Ford Expedition

It looks like and F-150 and a Dodge Caravan had an illicit love child

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2018-ford...153500241.html

Old 05-16-2016, 10:30 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Country_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by USCG_PA View Post
So, here is the 2018 Ford Expedition

It looks like and F-150 and a Dodge Caravan had an illicit love child

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2018-ford...153500241.html
No no no.. Don't like it. Those don't look like towing wheels/tires either.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:36 PM
gots_a_sol
Elder User
Eh, not too bad until you get past the C-pillars, then yea, mini-van.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:45 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
I like it, very f-150ish.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:26 PM
Pwrgeek
Senior User
Pwrgeek has a very good reputation on FTE.Pwrgeek has a very good reputation on FTE.Pwrgeek has a very good reputation on FTE.Pwrgeek has a very good reputation on FTE.
I don't think it's too bad but then I'm never going to own an IRS SUV. To me that's the difference between a capable tow vehicle and a people mover. If I wanted a people mover I'd just bite the bullet and get a mini van.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:24 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
That's not including what my insurance rate may go up once they see the ticket..ugh
its just money russ let it burn! i think my insurance lets you get a no increase for 1 accident every 4 years maybe your is the same.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.