Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Thanks, Michael.

I've never really celebrated my birthday, I've always tried to downplay it, so no big party here.

Stewart

Old 05-15-2016, 10:25 PM
Bently_Coop
Post Fiend
Bently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Thanks, Michael.

I've never really celebrated my birthday, I've always tried to downplay it, so no big party here.

Stewart
Certain ones should be celebrated.

My Mom was to lazy to throw a party for my Step Dad's 50th. Might have been good for someone who had a stroke less than 6 months ago and still kind of down.

Drove the truck to church today, about 50 miles in total. Need to swap the passenger tie rod and get an alignment. Feels pretty solid, especially with the new front end and shock bushings..

Old 05-15-2016, 11:18 PM
Tmpst
Cackle club chauffeur
Tmpst has a very good reputation on FTE.Tmpst has a very good reputation on FTE.Tmpst has a very good reputation on FTE.
Today was brakes and took apart the 4x4 hubs, because it normally takes a set of pliers to switch between locked and auto. Selectors rotate easily, new pads, fluid, and cracked a socket in the process (thank you, Murphy, for stopping by). Never seen that happen with any of my craftsman sets. Got a good reason to go tool shopping now! Hope halls day was good!

Old 05-15-2016, 11:26 PM
Pwrgeek
Senior User
Pwrgeek has a very good reputation on FTE.Pwrgeek has a very good reputation on FTE.Pwrgeek has a very good reputation on FTE.Pwrgeek has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tmpst
Today was brakes and took apart the 4x4 hubs, because it normally takes a set of pliers to switch between locked and auto. Selectors rotate easily, new pads, fluid, and cracked a socket in the process (thank you, Murphy, for stopping by). Never seen that happen with any of my craftsman sets. Got a good reason to go tool shopping now! Hope halls day was good!
Sears has always been good about honoring the Craftsman warranty for me. You take in something busted and they give you a new one.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:29 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
The Bike was only a month and a half old, I'll be getting it once his new one arrives in 7-10 days. All in all it's going to cost me about $1,500 with the new bike, ticket I got and new Rigid lights I bought to go in place of the hole his handle bar busted in my grille. That's not including what my insurance rate may go up once they see the ticket..ugh oh well it could have been so much worse.

Yesterday I drove the Oldsmobile about 150 miles with the top down. I'm super glad we put sun screen on since it was in the mid 70's and beautiful (today also). Then this afternoon I washed all the BelAir, Cougar and Olds along with my F-150. I rinsed the Excursion off and used it to pull my travel trailer over by the garage to start cleaning it up and getting ready for camping over memorial day weekend. The Pollen this year has been CRAZY!! It's like it's snowing yellow and i can't stop sneezing, blowing my nose..yuck.

Name:  20160515_130501_zpsxlpsn3wj.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  6.91 MB
Name:  20160515_155547_zps9sjragmp.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  7.13 MB
Name:  20160515_160113_zpsjkcdgovd.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  5.08 MB
Name:  Screenshot_2016-05-14-17-58-37_zpsaxhyrduj.png
Views: 18
Size:  319.5 KB

Name:  20160515_152455_zps2ug5ll7r.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  9.62 MB
Name:  20160515_162920_zpsn19yb4uf.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  6.42 MB
Name:  20160515_162836_zpsfgfwfkbt.jpg
Size:  7.69 MB

Got to visit my two old Ex's out at my friends place, the 2004 is still trucking along with I think about 170k on it now.
Name:  20160514_160214_zpsxs9wp4to.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  6.01 MB

They got a new Husky/mut Puppy and she was adorable!
Name:  20160514_174132_zpswfxs9q2x.jpg
Size:  9.41 MB

What I ended up doing with the broken grille on my F-150...more lights!
Name:  20160514_000145_zps8vtfzwgw.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  4.46 MB

Old 05-15-2016, 11:41 PM
Tmpst
Cackle club chauffeur
Tmpst has a very good reputation on FTE.Tmpst has a very good reputation on FTE.Tmpst has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Pwrgeek View Post
Sears has always been good about honoring the Craftsman warranty for me. You take in something busted and they give you a new one.
Yea I'd forgotten all about that till Irish19614x4 swung by today. Wish they'd replace the Husky jack the Ex blew out today too lol

Old 05-15-2016, 11:42 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tmpst View Post
I tried to stay clear of your work today but I couldn't help myself lol. Glad you got it done hope all is well and yes go get that socket replaced they will. Just head over to Sears in Westminster mall

Old 05-16-2016, 05:41 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
The Bike was only a month and a half old, I'll be getting it once his new one arrives in 7-10 days. All in all it's going to cost me about $1,500 with the new bike, ticket I got and new Rigid lights I bought to go in place of the hole his handle bar busted in my grille. That's not including what my insurance rate may go up once they see the ticket..ugh oh well it could have been so much worse.

Yesterday I drove the Oldsmobile about 150 miles with the top down. I'm super glad we put sun screen on since it was in the mid 70's and beautiful (today also). Then this afternoon I washed all the BelAir, Cougar and Olds along with my F-150. I rinsed the Excursion off and used it to pull my travel trailer over by the garage to start cleaning it up and getting ready for camping over memorial day weekend. The Pollen this year has been CRAZY!! It's like it's snowing yellow and i can't stop sneezing, blowing my nose..yuck.
Is that pollen or pine dust? My dad lives in Denver in a mountainous area and its nothing but pines. They get the yellow dust all over everything. In fact, when I got the Shelby home, it was there for several years, it smelled like pine. when I park it in the sun, it still does. Must have soaked into the paint.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:31 AM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation

Meanwhile, it was 48 degrees on the north coast yesterday and the trees are maybe 1/3 leafed out. It's a wet quagmire everywhere. March felt nicer than May has so far.

Look at the bright side Russ, you are getting a $1500 bike!

Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 AM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
What did you do to the X today?

Yesterday I drove the Oldsmobile about 150 miles with the top down. I'm super glad we put sun screen on since it was in the mid 70's and beautiful (today also).
A couple of scratches and the guy gets a new bike? If it was carbon fiber maybe as there can be hidden cracks but that's an aluminum bike, doesn't even look bent
But it could have been worse so in that sense you're getting off easy. And now you can pick up cycling!

It was 43 this morning in NYC. What happened to May? Feels like we're back to March.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Drunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant future
Got to do a little bit of camping up in Umatila National Forest. Took Stan down some roads and found some nice little camp spots all tucked away from everything. Even found some snow! WOO!

Old 05-16-2016, 09:48 AM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Just tore the parking brake cable at the pedal. It's been stiff since I got the Ex and now it just gave out on me. How hard is it to replace myself? I'm really not fond of parking on hills and relying on the transmission to hold 4 tons of Ex.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:57 AM
DidieX
Elder User
And I also just noticed that one of the front bump stops I installed a few months back is gone already.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:13 AM
rockhounds4x4
Senior User
rockhounds4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
Is that pollen or pine dust? My dad lives in Denver in a mountainous area and its nothing but pines. They get the yellow dust all over everything. In fact, when I got the Shelby home, it was there for several years, it smelled like pine. when I park it in the sun, it still does. Must have soaked into the paint.
the "pine dust" is pollen,

Old 05-16-2016, 10:57 AM
RobRoss
Posting Guru
RobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud of
Over the weekend I changed out my rotted backing plates, thanks to FTE I was able to get it done! I didn't take any photos because we've all seen it, took a while but the Ex is back to together with a functional parking brake.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.