Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-14-2016, 07:43 AM
fordboy67
Postmaster
fordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant future
Russ, glad the guy is ok. Around here the bike riders seem to almost dare you to hit them, driving in traffic lanes (because they can) and then flying through stop signs without even slowing down! I know.....not all bike riders are like this, but most are, at least around here!

Old 05-14-2016, 02:53 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
You call that looking at her eyes, eh Skip? Sure...ok....her "eyes"....riiiight!

Stewart

Old 05-14-2016, 03:21 PM
FICMrepair.com
SPONSOR
FICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Pwrgeek View Post
In my experience anything that makes the lock harder to jimmy is inviting a broken window. At one point I left my vehicles with the doors unlocked in hopes of saving the $200 for glass on top of whatever contents the thieves took a shine to.
46.5 volts is certainly still within Ford spec. I'd think about just watching that voltage for now in lieu of spending cash. If you aren't yet running aftermarket gauges to help out, consider something in that space. We really like the Edge Products offerings such as the Insight CTS2 (Edge Products), but the ScanGauge is pretty solid as well (ScanGauge II).

A fleet of seven (!) 6.0's with various performance goodies added to them. Yup, it's a sickness all right....
Old 05-14-2016, 07:06 PM
Bently_Coop
Post Fiend
Bently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputation
Wednesday I replaced some upper shock bushings in my Bilstein 5100's. Chime in on the thread if you get a chance.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post16284811

Old 05-14-2016, 07:40 PM
timf150
Posting Guru
timf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant futuretimf150 has a brilliant future
Finally put in my dp-tuner F6 chip. Its crazy what a difference it makes and I only have the 85 econ tune. I cant imagine what it feels like with the 140 tune.
i usually drive like an old man but its hard to not want to feel the extra power.

Tim M

Old 05-14-2016, 09:17 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
What did you do to the X today?

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
Well I had a bad day guys. It was beautiful out and I headed home for lunch from work. I was going through the same intersection that my 2000 Ex was totaled in. I went to make a right turn on red as I do 2-3 times a day at this intersection. As I'm pulling up I slow way down before stopping because I know there is always bike riders crossing this intersection. I never fully looked right but didn't see anything in my preferential vision. I then looked left checking traffic, an opening comes about and I take off next thing I hear a thud and yelling. OMG I JUST HIT SOMEONE! I never saw the guy at all. I'm so glad I had my F-150 and not the Excursion because he could have went under the Excursion much more easily. THANK GOD he's uninjured and it's just minor damage to his bike and my truck.

I always try to pay extra attention for bike riders, but today in one split second I had a human moment and some how missed him being there completely. It really shook me up as the thought of hurting someone would crush me.

I think we both made it out very lucky.

Glad the guy is ok. I've been a big cyclist since elementary school. I do a lot of road cycling these days but my preference now is to drive out of the city and ride there. I've had way to many accidents. First was when an older lady ran a stop sign, she wasn't even looking. And I was only 16 and didn't know better and jumped out from under the car. The second I was out of the way she drove off. That left me with a badly bruised leg. Then in recent years I've had plenty of run ins with pedestrians. Once a lady jumped out of a double parked car and walked right into me. Another time a woman was jogging and ran right across the bike path while looking the other way. I swerved to avoid her and went down hard. There's more but I'll spare you all the details.

The lesson is the city is not a place for serious cycling. And all those cyclists that run stops signs and red lights without so much as a look give all the rest of us a bad rap.

Drive safe and ride safe everyone!

Old 05-14-2016, 10:31 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
nmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputation
Put a load of diesel kleen in the tank and got one of those FIA winter big screens in the clearance bin for 75% off. It's for 05-07 trucks but I made it fit. Will be nice for next winter.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:30 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
looks like there isnt no tire tread left no wonder he ran into you russ hes on one of them maniac racing bikes.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:53 AM
2006LJ
Senior User
2006LJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
New brakes and a new set of BFG KO2 - I went back to white letters out and they look great.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:36 PM
copsey
Elder User
copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.copsey has a great reputation on FTE.
Found this on Thursday.

Thankfully I was able to find a replacement in stock locally. Also removed running boards. Going to take care of some truck cancer and may try to find some Amp power running boards. The wife isn't stoked on the climb into the EX without running boards but I think it looks so much better.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Resto Guy
Senior User
Resto Guy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've owned this only about 5 weeks, so I'm getting adjusted to it and learning all that I can on here. From my judgement, it's in exceptional condition. This weekend I gave the engine a fresh supply of Mobil 1 and Motorcraft filter. I also replaced the original shocks with Rancho 9000 XL pieces, and bolted up a Hellwig bar in the rear. After a couple of trips to Tractor Supply, I had some better hardware to assemble it with.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:21 PM
Aaron_Jones
Senior User
Aaron_Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I found a used old school amp on ebay and finally got around to taking a pic of it. Old School Sherwood 6 Channel Amp.

Old School 6 Channel Sherwood Amp

Old 05-15-2016, 08:12 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Aaron_Jones View Post
I found a used old school amp on ebay and finally got around to taking a pic of it. Old School Sherwood 6 Channel Amp.
I still have a couple old school 80's car amps in my garage closet. Linear and Soundstream IIRC.

Stewart

Old 05-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Aaron_Jones
Senior User
Aaron_Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
I still have a couple old school 80's car amps in my garage closet. Linear and Soundstream IIRC.

Stewart
Yeah they don't make them like that anymore... It is a shame, because those were the days of clean amps... Use to drool over the Precision Power amps

Old 05-15-2016, 08:34 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post

Stewart
You have 14 days to install before your big party....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.