Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-10-2016, 03:22 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by rockhounds4x4 View Post
complete remodel, I added two bedrooms and a full bath and kitchen to my excurison

That's two kitchens, isn't it? Very nice.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:06 AM
rockhounds4x4
Senior User
rockhounds4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
true, it does have the outside camp kitchen, I will probably dump that though. the little fridge does not function unless you are camping with hookups, and it uses burners rather than a grill,

we rarely use hookups. way too many places to boondock in CO, and i use the grill when we are camping.

My 5er had more space for outside storage so a need the space more than i need the useless little kitchen.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Mach1394
Senior User
Mach1394 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mach1394 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mach1394 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mach1394 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Installed the Hellwig rear sway bar

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...installed.html

Old 05-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Drunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant future
Since the standard on displacements is to round to the nearest tenth, your actual sum of all your motors is 6.8 L.

Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
My daily driver lays down a whopping 52 HP and 58 ft/lbs of torque, yeah, that's like 1/3 of our EX's lugnut torque............
Another interesting thing I though of is that my EX's 6.8 liter engine's displacement is larger than the sum displacements of:
Wife's Subaru Outback = 2.5
Son's Honda Fit = 1.5
My Honda VTX1300 motorcycle = 1.3
My Yamaha Kodiak ATV = .450
My Geo Metro = 1.0
Total displacement of 6.75 vs the EX's 6.8 liters.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Aaron_Jones
Senior User
Aaron_Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Fixed Leak In Roof Today

I found out I had a leak in my roof from the roof rack. I tried to call the dealership to see if they had a replacement, but I was told that they have discontinued the roof rack my my truck (2002 6.8L V10). I went through local truck accessory store and they said they would charge me $130 to lift the original and reseal it for me. So I decided to just do it myself self. It cost me $8 for the RTV and I went to work.

Took the old one off and cleaned the area really good and then RTV'ed the heck out of each hole and put rhetorical screws back in while the RTV was wet. I read this on an 2012 post of a leaking roof rack post here on the site.

Tomorrow I will see how it all turned out.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:05 AM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Twitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputation
I drove the 2.5hrs to see some buddies that are still stationed down in charleston. Got down here right as one of them was heading to the dealership to buy a new dodge Durango citadel. I have to admit, it is a really nice ride.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:51 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Driving the EX every day, went to pick up my son from school and there were 2 others in line. One of them had this deflector on the top of the hatch. This one is a plastic stick on type. I've never seen one before. Was looking for something to keep the dust and rain off the rear window and doors. Anyone have anything like this?

Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
That is nifty! I wonder if it helps deflect air up and over a TT?

Old 05-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
Driving the EX every day, went to pick up my son from school and there were 2 others in line. One of them had this deflector on the top of the hatch. This one is a plastic stick on type. I've never seen one before. Was looking for something to keep the dust and rain off the rear window and doors. Anyone have anything like this?
The OEM Ford rear window deflector was much less subtle and worked awesome. Hard to find though...

Old 05-12-2016, 09:35 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
Deleted by poster...

Old 05-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Immortal_Ben
Posting Guru
Immortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud of
The rear deflector on our Forester seems to direct Dirt amd dust TO the rear window. I hate the thing. Speaking of my Forester, it is at the body shop and we have a Jeep... I mean Fiat Compass for our rental.

WHAT A HUNK OF CRAPOLA! Thing has more road noise than the Ex, is slower than my broken lawn tractor, whines and sounds like there is an emergency vehicle coming up behind you, and the bottom seat bolster digs into my leg when I am getting in or out.

On a good note, the radio is nice and loud to drown out the noise, and the rear hatch is manual (mas groovy) and goes up high enough to clear my head!

Old 05-12-2016, 10:52 AM
Immortal_Ben
Posting Guru
Immortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud ofImmortal_Ben has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by USCG_PA View Post
Deleted by poster...
On a side note, I originally read this as deleted by POSER, and wondered of that meant David or Stewart

Old 05-12-2016, 12:11 PM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Immortal_Ben View Post
In a side note, I originally read this as deleted by POSER, and wondered of that meant David or Stewart
On a side side note, you're only about an hour from my dads place in Franktown. See you this summer! (fourth of July week)

Old 05-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Immortal_Ben
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
On a side side note, you're only about an hour from my dads place in Franktown. See you this summer! (fourth of July week)
Hey if we are here, you can bet we can carve out some time to get together! We may be travelling to Kansas that week, though. We shall see.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Aaron_Jones
Senior User
Aaron_Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry guys for the delayed answer. I did not notice these comments until now...

Originally Posted by Irish19614x4 View Post
Really like those rims and tires what are they?
I went to the store and found something that I like that would give me the aggressive look.
I got 33X12.5X20 Haida - HD868 M/T by HAIDA TIRES

Rims are 8X170 20x9.0 Dcenti DW930 Chrome REV

Got all 4 tires and rims for $2k.

Originally Posted by Watcher58 View Post
That looks really nice If you don't mind me asking, what did the paint job run you??
I got it painted for $1400. I'm happy with the turn out for the price. I just wanted it presentable. The lowest professional quote was $3200. I found this guy who is a retired autoworker that has his own paint shop. It originally was suppose to cost $1600, but he was a week late so he knocked off $200.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.