Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-05-2016, 10:51 PM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
Drove the Ex this morning and switched out for the F-150 at lunch.

Had a chance to drive a 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 crew cab 3.6L V6/8speed and i was very unimpressed. We put ladder racks on two identical trucks and since my network system was down ALL day and I could not do anything worthwhile I decided to drive one of the trucks back.

Didn't know they offer the 3.6 in the crew cab 4x4, I thought it was just in the base model 2 door 2wd. That engine is not up to the tall of moving all that truck, especially when loaded up. Nice job on the rack though!

Old 05-06-2016, 12:13 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
3.6 wow how did you control all that power russ?

Old 05-06-2016, 12:18 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by DidieX View Post
Didn't know they offer the 3.6 in the crew cab 4x4, I thought it was just in the base model 2 door 2wd. That engine is not up to the tall of moving all that truck, especially when loaded up. Nice job on the rack though!
Yeah they offer it across the line up these days, It's not HORRIBLE but it's not my first choice. The more power the better IMO

Here is the window sticker from one of the trucks. 3.21 axle gearing did not help things at all...

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...RR7FG6GS225247

Old 05-06-2016, 12:19 AM
DidieX
Elder User
DidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to allDidieX is a name known to all
What did you do to the X today?

Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
Maybe he used the continuum transfunctioner

Old 05-06-2016, 12:20 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
It was tough but I managed, I had this same engine in a rental Charger in 2014 and I hated it in that car also, no low end power at all.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:26 AM
DidieX
Elder User
Yeah they offer it across the line up these days, It's not HORRIBLE but it's not my first choice. The more power the better IMO

Here is the window sticker from one of the trucks. 3.21 axle gearing did not help things at all...

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...RR7FG6GS225247
Yeah, that axle ratio isn't much of a help. I've driven the Grand Cherokee and the Town and Country with the 3.6, it was ok in the grand Cherokee, but in the Town and County.....well, let's just say a minivan is a minivan is a minivan....

Old 05-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Oldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LivingLarge View Post
So your going to wait for it to snow now? I know you ain't driving your girl in the mud
If it snows in Florida, especially where you live, I will eat the panties of a stripper.....

Old 05-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Jointasset
Senior User
Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Oldguyfl View Post
If it snows in Florida, especially where you live, I will eat the panties of a stripper.....
Is that wrong? How's the new drive shaft? Sorry for having the words shaft and stripper in the same post.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Oldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jointasset View Post
Is that wrong? How's the new drive shaft? Sorry for having the words shaft and stripper in the same post.
Shafts and strippers. hmmmmm

Driveshaft worked out well. No vibrations any longer. Front hub caused some as well 48-51 MPH

Old 05-06-2016, 01:35 PM
turbodog
Junior User
turbodog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
CABT

Paging LivingLarge

To all of our fans and friends, the end of May is the last day you will be able to order a new truck from Ford for us to convert. The 2017 models are a whole new animal...

Click here and get on the build list...

Thanks

Martin Blaney
CABT
Guthrie, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:42 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
agsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to behold
Got the gauges installed, Ford AIS intake, and CCV mod. Still need some minor house keeping, but night shift is calling!

Old 05-06-2016, 07:46 PM
gardnesd
New User
gardnesd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Drained the 7.3 filter and ckd added oil

How bout you?

Old 05-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
you made me go back and look, I found the pics I took of mine at the dealer.

10/29/2010

I remember you posting these pics those years ago. It has been a quick 6 years!

Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
seems like yesterday, russ looking like a redheaded stepchild

Old 05-06-2016, 10:50 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
So, I took this quick shot this morning. Kind of a cool view of the Ex

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.