Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-04-2016, 06:09 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
Huh, there are certain people that swear by OEM...

But then again, they (certain people) don't own an Excursion any longer.

Before you flame, yes certain items should be OEM and some items (proven in usage) are better as aftermarket.
Lol, I'm going to rep you for this one....

The OEM is best in my opinion for the starter whether the 6.0 or the 6.4 one.

I've never had one go bad in any of my ex's but I did replace the one on the 6.0 since the ex was at dealer for bulletproofing.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:19 PM
DavenTn
Fishslayer
DavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant future
813 mile road trip from FL to TN. Towed my wife's Toyota Highlander on a 7K car haul trailler... 16.3 mpg. Kept it around 70MPH until i got into the mountains of E. TN.

Very impressed
Name:  This is the Smokies.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  1.47 MB

Old 05-04-2016, 07:30 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
nmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputation
DELETED my straight pipe and reinstalled my muffler.

Was driving me nuts.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:42 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by nmclella View Post

Was driving me nuts.
Did you leave the glue residue behind?

Old 05-04-2016, 07:43 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by DavenTn View Post
813 mile road trip from FL to TN. Towed my wife's Toyota Highlander on a 7K car haul trailler... 16.3 mpg. Kept it around 70MPH until i got into the mountains of E. TN.

Very impressed
Attachment 146218
Nice pic.....

Old 05-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Vwags
Elder User
Vwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nmclella View Post

Was driving me nuts.
I watched as piece by piece things were deleted and now the deletes are deleted

Should be fun watching the Excursion go back together.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:04 PM
eternal_177
Freshman User
eternal_177 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.eternal_177 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
[QUOTE=Vwags;16260096]I watched as piece by piece things were deleted and now the deletes are deleted

Well about 6 months ago I deleted the 6.8 and replaced it with a 5.9. Lol first test drive today even got Cruise control without the tach working. Oh yea also 47rh with the ford trans case all working flawlessly. Will have a build diary soon. Thanks to all you guys on here, I couldnt have done this with out you

Old 05-05-2016, 06:41 AM
carbon coupe
Posting Guru
carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.carbon coupe has a spectacular reputation.
Driving the EX daily is fun. For some unknown reason I got the bird from some A-hole in a Honda, very over weight, smoking.....didnt do anything to deserve it. Just shows how dumb other people are. I also like to race the guys in the new F150's and roast them. They think they have something for me with that tiny V6 just because it has a turbo.....well, I have a turbo as well and you just got you **** busted!!! hahahaha 24 psi says buh-bye!!

Anyway, they totaled my wifes car. Im waiting for the call from the insurance company to start the bidding. I think they are in for a rude awakening of what that car is worth. Did some research, they better be ready.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Drunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
like a cartoon?
Yup!
lol

Old 05-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by DavenTn View Post

Very impressed
Attachment 146218
I can't wait to be there!

Heading up that way for RRE!

Old 05-05-2016, 08:36 AM
MisterCMK
Avid Winter Hater
MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post

And then to MN this winter? Lol

Old 05-05-2016, 09:57 AM
2005 Ex Limited
Senior User
2005 Ex Limited is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Two things actually. The Mechman 250 and dat battery cable though... Northflex 1 gauge welding cable good for 220 amps. The GD wire loom I have isn't even big enough!

Guess since you can see the XD filter kit I can throw that in here as well.

Old 05-05-2016, 12:16 PM
2wdDezlX
Elder User
2wdDezlX has a very good reputation on FTE.2wdDezlX has a very good reputation on FTE.2wdDezlX has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post

I went last year and had a good time. I suggest camping and doing all the activities with the group and not just the event at the fairgrounds. We aren't going to be able to go to RRE this year because we are moving out west. But, maybe they will have RRW again!

Old 05-05-2016, 02:02 PM
01 EX PSD
Freshman User
01 EX PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.01 EX PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.01 EX PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.
Does anyone near the Delaware Memorial Bridge happen to have an interest in a stock 7.3 turbo? It's just sitting in my garage and don't want it to go to waste. It has 155k miles on it. Took it off to put a 38R on 2 months ago.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 01 EX PSD View Post
Does anyone near the Delaware Memorial Bridge happen to have an interest in a stock 7.3 turbo? It's just sitting in my garage and don't want it to go to waste. It has 155k miles on it. Took it off to put a 38R on 2 months ago.
You should keep it as a back up, just in case.

I have a 38R on all my 7.3's and still have the OEM turbo's in my garage just in case, and the one from the Ex has been set up for towing, with a bigger output and a wicked wheel.

But, if you're dead-set on giving it away you need to post this in the "FREE" thread. Or I can move your above post over to that forum ifns you want.

Stewart

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.