Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

 
  #41881  
Old 04-30-2016, 10:56 AM
Country_Mouse's Avatar
Country_Mouse
Country_Mouse is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 949
Country_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud of
What did you do to the X today?

Originally Posted by Irish19614x4 View Post
Couldn't agree more.....good thing I'm only here on Military orders and leave soon so my trucks are all registered in NY, so I don't follow these dumb smog restrictions.
The Nanny state is better??

In looking for places to relocate in a few years when my husband retires there really is nowhere that has the perfect weather we do here. Not too hot, cold or humid. Snow a short drive to enjoy and visit for just the day.

We keep coming back to Texas though. Besides the heat it has everything we like, big trucks, big houses, horses, guns and good values. Maybe Austin? For you Texas folk what say you?

As for test drive owner can't show us this weekend.
 
  #41882  
Old 04-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Misky6.0's Avatar
Misky6.0
Misky6.0 is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ouray, CO
Posts: 5,386
Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
Actually yesterday, drove 500 miles to Pensacola Beach, Fl, then to Miramar Beach,Fl for South Walton Beach Wine Festival. Wife was happy and enjoyed the long drive.
She said, Ex needs new shocks!!
I said , OKAY!!
 
  #41883  
Old 04-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Vwags's Avatar
Vwags
Vwags is offline
Elder User
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Southern California
Posts: 547
Vwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Yes, my bad, lemme be more specific.

If that had been the complete number, would it suffice and be accepted? I ask because it's not engraved.

Stewart
The smog tech is going to have to confirm that the EO# is appropriate for the part number and application. The number on the sticker is complete and is good assuming the part number associated with that EO# is what is on the vehicle and the pulley size is right. If the smog tech can't verify the part number or has heartburn because the stamped EO# isn't complete then that could cause him/her to not want to pass it.
 
  #41884  
Old 04-30-2016, 11:36 AM
WE3ZS's Avatar
WE3ZS
WE3ZS is offline
World Famous Mod
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Media PA
Posts: 8,559
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
Great discussion, thanks! So seller is supposed to send me photo of door sticker with vin and axle code in morning.

If not 4:30s like my current I'd have to think about if it would be worth the hassle. How cool or beneficial is supercharge? Remember we tow a 6000# trailer.

Mouse, other than the "purple" one having a few less miles what is the attraction or interest in the supercharged EX vs the very nice one you already have? With yours having the 4.30 gears and your trailer only weighing in at 6k do you guys feel that you need the extra power from the supercharger?
Personally I would avoid a supercharged rig after giving it some thought based on our usage. With the increased compression from the SC I would assume that you would have to use the more expensive higher octane fuel ALL the time. Sure gas is currently on the cheap side right now but I'm pretty sure we will see it work it's way back up to ridiculous in the not too distant future. I like having the option to swap my tunes based on how I'll be working the EX, it does well towing 11k on the 87 Performance tune on relatively flat terrain and for towing in the mountains here in the East it can maintain good highway speeds with the 89 Performance tune. With a SC getting good custom tunes would be far more complicated and expensive than dealing with a shop like 5Star Tuning. I would also assume that the mileage on the blown V-10 would be a little less simply due to the needs of the forced induction setup. I work pretty diligently to get the fuel economy that I do while towing our TT and I would hate to see that get reduced by a power adder that I feel isn't needed for the work being done.




On the other hand............................. A blown 6.8 does sound like lots of fun! . I wonder how much boost it's making? Does it have headers on it too?
 
  #41885  
Old 04-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Country_Mouse's Avatar
Country_Mouse
Country_Mouse is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 949
Country_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
Mouse, other than the "purple" one having a few less miles what is the attraction or interest in the supercharged EX vs the very nice one you already have? With yours having the 4.30 gears and your trailer only weighing in at 6k do you guys feel that you need the extra power from the supercharger?
Personally I would avoid a supercharged rig after giving it some thought based on our usage. With the increased compression from the SC I would assume that you would have to use the more expensive higher octane fuel ALL the time. Sure gas is currently on the cheap side right now but I'm pretty sure we will see it work it's way back up to ridiculous in the not too distant future. I like having the option to swap my tunes based on how I'll be working the EX, it does well towing 11k on the 87 Performance tune on relatively flat terrain and for towing in the mountains here in the East it can maintain good highway speeds with the 89 Performance tune. With a SC getting good custom tunes would be far more complicated and expensive than dealing with a shop like 5Star Tuning. I would also assume that the mileage on the blown V-10 would be a little less simply due to the needs of the forced induction setup. I work pretty diligently to get the fuel economy that I do while towing our TT and I would hate to see that get reduced by a power adder that I feel isn't needed for the work being done.




On the other hand............................. A blown 6.8 does sound like lots of fun! . I wonder how much boost it's making? Does it have headers on it too?
No, don't feel need extra power. It was just the color and miles mostly. Price is good too. I didn't know anything about superchargers before this post. Definitely don't want to spend more on gas. Don't know about headers. It is chipped but owner doesn't know what kind...
 
  #41886  
Old 04-30-2016, 11:51 AM
agsmv1's Avatar
agsmv1
agsmv1 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,248
agsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to beholdagsmv1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
The Nanny state is better??

In looking for places to relocate in a few years when my husband retires there really is nowhere that has the perfect weather we do here. Not too hot, cold or humid. Snow a short drive to enjoy and visit for just the day.

We keep coming back to Texas though. Besides the heat it has everything we like, big trucks, big houses, horses, guns and good values. Maybe Austin? For you Texas folk what say you?

As for test drive owner can't show us this weekend.
Austin is a good place to VISIT! I love going to Austin to have a good time or visit some friends. But that's about it. I worked in Taylor, Tx. and I liked that area, but I believe it has blown up since I left. New Braunfels is pretty nice in between San Antonio and Austin. But like most things in that state it is growing like crazy pretty much everywhere. We go back once or twice a year as that is where all our family is. Still love it!! Heading down Memorial Day weekend as a matter of fact.
 
  #41887  
Old 04-30-2016, 11:58 AM
Irish19614x4's Avatar
Irish19614x4
Irish19614x4 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lake Stevens, Washington
Posts: 1,770
Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
No, don't feel need extra power. It was just the color and miles mostly. Price is good too. I didn't know anything about superchargers before this post. Definitely don't want to spend more on gas. Don't know about headers. It is chipped but owner doesn't know what kind...
Well maybe if you buy it and don't want the SC you can remove it . Then sell it to me as I'm leaving this state ha ha
 
  #41888  
Old 04-30-2016, 12:04 PM
Vwags's Avatar
Vwags
Vwags is offline
Elder User
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Southern California
Posts: 547
Vwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4 View Post
Well maybe if you buy it and don't want the SC you can remove it . Then sell it to me as I'm leaving this state ha ha
Now that is thinking Irish...or maybe post it here

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...le-thread.html

and see if you can crash the servers
 
  #41889  
Old 04-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Irish19614x4's Avatar
Irish19614x4
Irish19614x4 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lake Stevens, Washington
Posts: 1,770
Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Vwags View Post
Now that is thinking Irish...or maybe post it here

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...le-thread.html

and see if you can crash the servers
LMAO, perhaps I should ha ha
 
  #41890  
Old 04-30-2016, 12:26 PM
rockhounds4x4
rockhounds4x4 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 123
rockhounds4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
No, don't feel need extra power. It was just the color and miles mostly. Price is good too. I didn't know anything about superchargers before this post. Definitely don't want to spend more on gas. Don't know about headers. It is chipped but owner doesn't know what kind...
as stated several posts ago, the supercharger will require premium all the time and will probably cost you a miles or two running and towing. no way to tune a high compression motor for less than premium.
 
  #41891  
Old 04-30-2016, 01:29 PM
Stewart_H's Avatar
Stewart_H
Stewart_H is online now
The Nekkid Super Mod
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central Coast of CA
Posts: 28,274
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Vwags View Post
Now that is thinking Irish...or maybe post it here

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...le-thread.html

and see if you can crash the servers
Name:  roflmfao2.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  madprops.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  9.2 KB

Stewart
 
  #41892  
Old 04-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Oldguyfl's Avatar
Oldguyfl
Oldguyfl is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,311
Oldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant futureOldguyfl has a brilliant future
I ordered the braided ESOF lines and was going to install them today.

Thought I would check the hubs/wheels bearings. FAIL.

Just ordered a pair of Moog's from Rock A, as well as ALL the seals and orings from Dieselorings.com. Including the vacuum hub seal. Those seals are not cheap.



 
  #41893  
Old 04-30-2016, 05:33 PM
RobRoss's Avatar
RobRoss
RobRoss is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Flat Rock, MI
Posts: 1,153
RobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud of
^How did you know the hubs were bad?
 
  #41894  
Old 04-30-2016, 08:03 PM
Excurvelle's Avatar
Excurvelle
Excurvelle is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Siler City,NC
Posts: 2,207
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.


My father in law thinks my new Surveyor 33' travel trailer is to big for the Ex, looks can be deceiving!
 
  #41895  
Old 04-30-2016, 08:17 PM
USCG_PA's Avatar
USCG_PA
USCG_PA is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orting Valley, Wash.
Posts: 2,430
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
Just got done with a two day 500+ mile road trip to Oregon and back. I must have seen more than a dozen Ex's out there on the road. From some that look like they need to be saved from their owners, to a few that were VERY nice looking!

It is always great to see Ex's out cruising the highways.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.