Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 01:30 PM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Sorry to hear about your pal Andy. Its tough for sure. Our thoughts are with you.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Andy, I'm about to go through the same my little guy has been diagnosed with heart failure and not doing very well. Very sorry for your loss....
Ah man Michael, not good to hear.

Originally Posted by Snowseeker
I wish I could have been there for her then.
I know exactly how you feel.

Stewart

Old 04-27-2016, 08:50 PM
rockhounds4x4
Senior User
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I fixed a problems only to find another,

So the rear aiper/as her connection between the truck and the lift glass was rotted out and no longer connected

Big surprise ford no longer makes that part

So I engineered a new one using a few parts and the factory check valve, drop the headliners a bit the newly engineered parts look and fit almost like factory.

I have used the rear washer due to this being rotted, I have only owned the truck about 2 months

Turn the key hit the washer switch no water comes out the back. It is pouring out the bottom of the truck. Wth

Pull the interior sills and the kick panel. the friggin line is not even hooked up to the fitting in the firewall. I don't know who disconnected it or when, but it is 2 inches short of ever being connected, not a huge deal a little wet vac and a hose splice to make it fit, but looking at how short it is I am not sure it was ever connected.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:24 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That happens when people put summer windshield washer fluid in during the winter. It freezes and expands and the connection at the firewall is where it pops off. Mine had that symptom when I bought it.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:06 AM
rockhounds4x4
Senior User
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
i thought about that, when i got it in cali it actually had just water in it. but why why is it so short, i am actually going to have to add length to the line

Old 04-28-2016, 05:47 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
I fixed my alternator the other day. Voltage regulator was bad, kept turning on the battery light. I love when a $300 problem is actually a $40 problem.

Next Im going to put some paint on the new spring hardware and springs.

I still have the turbo to rebuild but way too many other things going on at the moment.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:17 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Andy, I'm about to go through the same my little guy has been diagnosed with heart failure and not doing very well. Very sorry for your loss....
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Thanks everyone for the kind words! It really means a lot to me/us!

Resto, Sammy is a border collie as well. We shaved her a few times to get rid of hair snarls, to keep her cooler in summers, and because she had some skin rash that came around in the spring for a few years.

Sammy has been threw a couple strokes a few years ago but over came them and continued on even though it made her lose quite a bit of her balance. Since the strokes she would get seizures here and there that got to the point she would have them every half hour or so. She had problems with her hips and hind legs as well. She was a tough girl! In the end all it took was a little flap in her throat (one that diverts air and food) which I am told can get soft in older dogs and makes it hard for them to breath. She had a few "attacks" where she couldn't breath just like someone that has asma (don't know how it is spelled). I was there for them to help calm her and sooth her threw them. But this last one was when she was outside and I wasn't around. I wish I could have been there for her then.

They are family and it is very hard to go threw. I keep looking for her to welcome me home or to pop the door open when I am in a room.
Really sorry to hear all this, I know both y'all's pain all too well....

My brown dog Bandit was my faithful companion for 14 years, he would wake me up in the morning, lose his mind with happiness when I'd come home, be forever depressed if I were gone for extended periods of time, go on truck rides with my, and basically never left my side.

Cancer took him from me August 2013, the sad thing was I didn't catch it in time, the vet said I could start treating him, but because of his age, the treatments could very well kill him. A few months earlier and I would've had him just a little longer, but it wasn't meant to be. Instead, I made the choice to let him live out his days doing whatever he wanted. Things started to go down hill with him, he couldn't leap up the stairs like he used to, so I carried him. It go to the point where he couldn't keep his balance and he'd fall, I'd help him up, but I knew his time was running out. I was a few days away from putting him to sleep, but he ended up going on his own terms.

My sister was at home and it was about to rain, Bandit was outside and she called for him to come inside. She said his tongue was turning blue and he was gasping for air, she brought him inside, he laid down in front of the kitchen sink, took a sip of water, looked at my sister as if to say "Thank You" and passed away.

It was devastating to me, my faithful companion Bandit was gone and a part of me was gone with him. It was weeks and months before I healed again, but the memory of my Faithful Bandit still to this day brings tears to my eyes.

I said all that to say this to you both:

The ONE THING you both have to remember is that you gave your dogs the same love that they gave you and that's all they ever asked or wanted. It will be hard and you will hurt for some time; but you have to remember the awesome memories you have to look back on with your pup.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordering some more Husky liners. Just saw this sale which ENDS TODAY!!

https://www.huskyliners.com/?utm_sou..._content=spill

Old 04-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse
Ordering some more Husky liners. Just saw this sale which ENDS TODAY!!

https://www.huskyliners.com/?utm_sou..._content=spill
Plugged in Excursion information for some reason only showed 2 & 3rd row seat mats and hump but not drivers side floor or passenger side floor front. I could be dumb though and did something wrong lol

Old 04-28-2016, 05:55 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4
Plugged in Excursion information for some reason only showed 2 & 3rd row seat mats and hump but not drivers side floor or passenger side floor front. I could be dumb though and did something wrong lol
So I guess it wasn't you that bought those other ones locally, lol. I saw front ones at least for 2001 models.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:56 PM
DidieX
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4
Select the classic style and it has for the front row.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:07 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Really sorry to hear all this, I know both y'all's pain all too well....

My brown dog Bandit was my faithful companion for 14 years, he would wake me up in the morning, lose his mind with happiness when I'd come home, be forever depressed if I were gone for extended periods of time, go on truck rides with my, and basically never left my side.

Cancer took him from me August 2013, the sad thing was I didn't catch it in time, the vet said I could start treating him, but because of his age, the treatments could very well kill him. A few months earlier and I would've had him just a little longer, but it wasn't meant to be. Instead, I made the choice to let him live out his days doing whatever he wanted. Things started to go down hill with him, he couldn't leap up the stairs like he used to, so I carried him. It go to the point where he couldn't keep his balance and he'd fall, I'd help him up, but I knew his time was running out. I was a few days away from putting him to sleep, but he ended up going on his own terms.

My sister was at home and it was about to rain, Bandit was outside and she called for him to come inside. She said his tongue was turning blue and he was gasping for air, she brought him inside, he laid down in front of the kitchen sink, took a sip of water, looked at my sister as if to say "Thank You" and passed away.

It was devastating to me, my faithful companion Bandit was gone and a part of me was gone with him. It was weeks and months before I healed again, but the memory of my Faithful Bandit still to this day brings tears to my eyes.

I said all that to say this to you both:

The ONE THING you both have to remember is that you gave your dogs the same love that they gave you and that's all they ever asked or wanted. It will be hard and you will hurt for some time; but you have to remember the awesome memories you have to look back on with your pup.

That is very sad, sorry for your loss.

It is sad/aggravating they only live such short lives.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by carbon coupe
I fixed my alternator the other day. Voltage regulator was bad, kept turning on the battery light. I love when a $300 problem is actually a $40 problem.
When you crack the case, is it pretty straight forward on how to replace the regulator, or is it tricky?

Where did you get the replacement regulator?

Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
...he laid down in front of the kitchen sink, took a sip of water, looked at my sister as if to say "Thank You" and passed away.

The ONE THING you both have to remember is that you gave your dogs the same love that they gave you and that's all they ever asked or wanted.
Damn, now I got something in my eye.

Stewart

Old 04-28-2016, 07:42 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 928 Likes on 676 Posts
Originally Posted by carbon coupe
How to would be much appreciated!

Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse
So I guess it wasn't you that bought those other ones locally, lol. I saw front ones at least for 2001 models.
No not me been low on funds as my 2005 6.0 crapped on me nothing serious but a FICM repair along with Atlas40 upgrade so I have been saving my pennies.

Truck should be up and running next weekend just in time to pull a buddies fifth wheel someplace new .... He said fuel and lunch on him so I'm game

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?