Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 04-20-2016, 08:43 PM
mjoyce
Junior User
mjoyce is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by FICMrepair.com View Post
Thanks for the business! Looking good!!

A few suggestions:

1. The zip ties included the kit are intended to be used to hold both the positive and ground wires up off of the things that can get hot. We suggest using the zip ties to hold the wires up to the plastic wiring harness carrier that Ford provided.
2. Ideally, the routing of the cabling leaving the alternator should go directly to the driver side (running parallel to the bumper) for several inches before going back to the firewall to avoid any chance of the wiring coming into contact with the hot side CAC tube (which gets hot enough to melt insulation).
3. Many have achieved a space between the CAC tube and the back of the alternator by rotating the CAC tube slightly. All you need is a little bit of clearance.

Hope this helps! If ever you need anything else for your 6.0, please don't hesitate! If you can get it from the OEM or you can get it in the aftermarket, you can get it from us - just for less of your hard-earned money!

First of all many thanks for responding to my post. Awesome customer service!
Ok I will implement all of your suggestions. Like I said I am going to try and adjust the cac again. It seems like it would be super easy but I am struggling with it. Ill post the after pics when I have completed the changes.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:48 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
A new box has arrived.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:54 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
So, I was going through a drive through, a place whose service was so bad, that I left without ordering and went to a competitor... But that is a story for another time. But while waiting to be able to get out of the drive thru line, I was behind a competitor's "large" SUV. Funny, it didn't seem all that large.

...and pay no head to my deltas, I am running Bullet Proof Diesel's remote oil filter and cold weather cooler system, so my temps are almost never the same, unless I am really on it and cruising in the warm weather.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:11 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
It is 14 years old....

What is forum 19?

My DH been doing some research. Said looks like an $85 part plus fluids and bleeding lines. Said possibly air in fluid?

Been driving it all day except when I had to go on fwy without a recurrence.
Just bleed the breaks to release the air. I'm thinking air as well but then I would be searching for source of air leak. Which might be Master Cylinder or brake reservoir cover gasket is bad and not sealing or wasn't sealed and now your fixed the issue when checking your fluid earlier.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:13 PM
gots_a_sol
Elder User
gots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by USCG_PA View Post
But while waiting to be able to get out of the drive thru line, I was behind a competitor's "large" SUV. Funny, it didn't seem all that large.

Previous generation of truck, doesn't count

Old 04-20-2016, 10:14 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by USCG_PA View Post
So, I was going through a drive through, a place whose service was so bad, that I left without ordering and went to a competitor... But that is a story for another time. But while waiting to be able to get out of the drive thru line, I was behind a competitor's "large" SUV. Funny, it didn't seem all that large.

...and pay no head to my deltas, I am running Bullet Proof Diesel's remote oil filter and cold weather cooler system, so my temps are almost never the same, unless I am really on it and cruising in the warm weather.
It's not your deltas I'm worried about I'm concerned about that Edge programmer. I heard bad things about them but I have also heard good things so I suppose it might balance itself out. The Edge CTS monitor is great but for tuning I would go with SCT but that's just experience and reviews I have read.

I had same Edge on my 2003 Ex and within a month my HPOP and oil cooler went bad rupturing and puking coolant as in oil in coolant. I personally don't think it was the programmer though I blame it on bad luck. Anyways good luck!

Old 04-20-2016, 10:16 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ExxWhy View Post
A new box has arrived.

Jealous! What did it run you?

Old 04-20-2016, 10:19 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4 View Post
It's not your deltas I'm worried about I'm concerned about that Edge programmer. I heard bad things about them but I have also heard good things so I suppose it might balance itself out. The Edge CTS monitor is great but for tuning I would go with SCT but that's just experience and reviews I have read.

I had same Edge on my 2003 Ex and within a month my HPOP and oil cooler went bad rupturing and puking coolant as in oil in coolant. I personally don't think it was the programmer though I blame it on bad luck. Anyways good luck!
Don't worry, that is not and Edge programmer anymore. It has been reworked and is now a FICM programmer. I uploaded one of four FICM programs from it, and now just use it to monitor things.

For my main program, I am currently running a stock SCT street tune.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:21 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
It is 14 years old....

What is forum 19?

My DH been doing some research. Said looks like an $85 part plus fluids and bleeding lines. Said possibly air in fluid?

Been driving it all day except when I had to go on fwy without a recurrence.
Any possibility it was the ABS going off?

Old 04-20-2016, 10:24 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
Old 04-20-2016, 10:36 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
A new box has arrived.

In case you weren't aware, there is a $25 mail in rebate on them.

https://www.airliftcompany.com/support/rebates/

When I did mine a year ago the rebate was $50. I also got mine on Amazon.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Country_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud of
Any possibility it was the ABS going off?
I really don't think so. I've felt that before and it has never made me almost poop my pants, lol.

But since it hasn't happened again all day I start doubting myself. Not sure if we should wait and see if it happens again or take it in...

Old 04-20-2016, 11:00 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
It is 14 years old....

What is forum 19?
General Non-automotive forum. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/

Old 04-20-2016, 11:02 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
ugh, the Olds has a nasty rear main seal leak. Debating on nursing it along all summer and put it in the shop over the winter, or try and get it done now before summer kicks off and I'll want the convertible all the time...hmm decisions.

The Ex sat all pretty and washed up in the driveway again today.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:18 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
ugh, the Olds has a nasty rear main seal leak. Debating on nursing it along all summer and put it in the shop over the winter, or try and get it done now before summer kicks off and I'll want the convertible all the time...hmm decisions.

The Ex sat all pretty and washed up in the driveway again today.
hard to keep up with all the maintance on old crap

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.