Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 04-01-2016, 06:58 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by weeeves View Post
Fixed my transmission leak. The o-ring on the TSS (turbine speed sensor) was completely shot. I just replaced the o-ring for now until the new sensor arrives.

Damaged O-Ring:

New O-Ring Installed:

What's the reasoning for getting a new sensor? That o ring should fix the leak. On them sensors I've even put a little gray oem rtv silicone around the oring just to be sure they won't leak.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
The front end looks great Greenscoobie!

Here is a lesson, don't store your vehicle over winter next to a bag of dog food. (not mine)

Old 04-01-2016, 08:52 AM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Greenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IMASAP View Post
Looks great !

Sorry if I missed it, but what did you use for parts ? Used out of a salvage yard? New OEM Ford, or new aftermarket?

I'd like to do the same except with the Harley edition style headlights to match y black truck.
Check my build thread out if you get a chance. I scored the parts from clist. All parts used were Ford OEM(except the headlights.)

Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
The front end looks great Greenscoobie!
Thank you sir! It's come a long way and I'm finally happy with it.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:01 PM
01 EX PSD
Freshman User
01 EX PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.01 EX PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.01 EX PSD has a very good reputation on FTE.

Installed glow shift 3 in 1. Analog egt digital boost and trans. For some reason the digital was scrolling when I took the pic. All numbers are there.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Pitcrw6
Postmaster
Pitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
Well I've had some pretty bad health issues since Friday... They became intolerable tonight and I had to go to the ER. Long story short I have a kidney stone, yipee. The good news, it's almost done and the pain meds they put me on are amazing. The bad news, there is another one getting ready to come down and join him
Yes they suck after the first couple then after that just flow on out. I had 93 of them so far and collected all of them in a jar. I know when I'm getting ready to pee one out.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:50 PM
InmatesRunThePlace
Junior User
InmatesRunThePlace is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.InmatesRunThePlace is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by 01 EX PSD View Post

Installed glow shift 3 in 1. Analog egt digital boost and trans. For some reason the digital was scrolling when I took the pic. All numbers are there.
I installed one of those in my Excursion over a year ago and so far I love it. Works really well and nice to have a single gauge and not a stack on the b-pillar.

Chris

Old 04-01-2016, 01:58 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
My Surco rack installed yesterday....

Old 04-01-2016, 02:03 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by IMASAP View Post
My Surco rack installed yesterday....

So. F'ing. Clean!

Nice!

Old 04-01-2016, 02:11 PM
gots_a_sol
Elder User
gots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant futuregots_a_sol has a brilliant future
Made a permanent home for my sub (its just been sitting in the back being in the way all the time)

I had a front jump seat/console in my truck was always flipped down as a console and that nobody was ever going to sit in to start for this project.

Then a bunch of dust and sparks later I got this mocked up

And meow. I just need to get some foam to fill in under the cover.

Name:  IMG_20160401_143155_zpsawm6bi8u.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  115.2 KB

Old 04-01-2016, 02:17 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
So. F'ing. Clean!

Nice!

Really it could use a wash.... maybe it's the cloudy day hiding it.

I do appreciate the flowers though.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Drunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant future
Metal Beaver strikes again! ANNNNNGGGNNNAAAGGGNNNNAAAGGG!!!

Looks great! I've got two 10" subs I'm trying to find something to do with them, or some way to mount one in Stan. I kinda want to put it in the hatch doors like I have seen, but I almost would rather have a mini bar

Originally Posted by gots_a_sol View Post
Made a permanent home for my sub (its just been sitting in the back being in the way all the time)

I had a front jump seat/console in my truck was always flipped down as a console and that nobody was ever going to sit in to start for this project.

Then a bunch of dust and sparks later I got this mocked up

Old 04-01-2016, 05:25 PM
weeeves
Senior User
weeeves is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.weeeves is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by hav24wheel View Post
What's the reasoning for getting a new sensor? That o ring should fix the leak. On them sensors I've even put a little gray oem rtv silicone around the oring just to be sure they won't leak.
There was a little damage on the magnetic pickup but I don't know if it's enough to affect it. I'm also trying to track down the cause of my cruise control issues where it intermittently shuts off and then causes the transmission to buck/jerk. Cruise will not work until I restart the truck. I believe it's a speed sensor issue.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:38 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
I drove the Ex today because it was supposed to rain a little bit, well it turned out to be beautiful and sunny. So i thought I can't be driving a dirty Ex on a nice day, so i ran it thru the carwash. Did a pretty good job, now i need to put my summer wheels/tires back on.

Name:  20160401_113548_zpsh9zfqbpz.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  3.65 MB

Old 04-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I have not had any issues with my factory ones yet on my F-150. Only complaint I have is they pack with snow when folded up, then when you go to get out they are covered in snow/slush. We do have very limited salt use here. I absolutely love them except the rock chip issue.
the liquid salt in anchorage

Old 04-01-2016, 05:42 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
the liquid salt in anchorage
Very little and only on state maintained roads, at least where I travel from south side to mid town daily. You can see it when it's laid down in stripes on the road and it's not used much at all. Hence the snow packed roads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.