Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 03-01-2016, 11:39 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Country_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud of
Because I don't support the Girl Scouts anymore. But that's for political reasons that I won't get into here.

FYI Keebler makes a couple imitation GS cookies for the thin mints and samoas.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:49 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
Because I don't support the Girl Scouts anymore. But that's for political reasons that I won't get into here.

FYI Keebler makes a couple imitation GS cookies for the thin mints and samoas.
I've tried them and they just don't totally capture the flavor. I'm a sucker for food, could care less about their political opinions. Call me cookie monster!

Old 03-02-2016, 05:47 AM
Curt's05
Wiser by FTE
Curt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant futureCurt's05 has a brilliant future
Installed a 6.4 starter last night, and she cranks and starts faster

Old 03-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
Same here! I feel like I'm the only one some times...

Old 03-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
Ordered 2 of these just now!

US Seats Heater Kit Universal Carbon Fiber Car Heating Pad w 5 Level Switch | eBay

And I'm going to order new seat foam for the driver side (duh) once they open in another hour and 10 minutes

http://www.theseatshop.com/driver-bo...cushion-1.html

Old 03-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Curt's05 View Post
Installed a 6.4 starter last night, and she cranks and starts faster
We demand a video!

Old 03-02-2016, 08:13 AM
05MilMachine
Posting Guru
05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
Ordered 2 of these just now!

US Seats Heater Kit Universal Carbon Fiber Car Heating Pad w 5 Level Switch | eBay

And I'm going to order new seat foam for the driver side (duh) once they open in another hour and 10 minutes

Auto Upholstery | Leather Seat Covers | Foam Cushions | DuroFoam Driver Bottom (Crew Cab Only) Foam Cushion
Looking forward to your reviews of the seat heaters. Leather seats without them are kinda cruel in the mornings.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
I have seat heaters already but there obviously 12 years old now. The carbon fiber ones are supposed to be much better plus the five settings should be really nice instead of just the one. I figure since I need to do the phone as well and the sea is completely apart I should be able just slide the lumbar part out and then put the new one in and I'll more than likely reuse the existing wiring as long as the gauge is correct.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:59 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
hwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to allhwybee22 is a name known to all
Installing XRF ball joints and sway bar links, Dorman autohub, new vaccum and energy suspension bumpstops to the front and rear. My brother pressure washed the undercarriage and made it rain rust, as he's prepping it to paint.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:50 PM
zapola6
Senior User
zapola6 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
V10 vs 7.3 what ones quicker in 1/4 mile?
I found 0 to 60 times...

2000-2005 5.4 12.3 -12.7
2000-2005 6.8 9.1 - 9.5
2004-2005 6.0 9.7 - 10.1
2000-2003 7.3 10.9 -11.3

So whats going to happen after 60MPH?????? Guessing after my 6.8 gets to 60MPH it will be about 6lbs lighter because a gallon of gas is gone and the end of the 1/4 mile will be approaching soon.....

Ford Excursion 0-60 1/4 mile fuel economy

Not a lot of 1/4 mile information out there on the Excursion for some reason.....

Old 03-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Country_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud of
"Installed" a Husky cargo liner.

Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:11 PM
RobRoss
Posting Guru
RobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud of
I wonder which axle ratio the V10 had. The 4.30's would give the best times.

Originally Posted by zapola6 View Post
I found 0 to 60 times...

2000-2005 5.4 12.3 -12.7
2000-2005 6.8 9.1 - 9.5
2004-2005 6.0 9.7 - 10.1
2000-2003 7.3 10.9 -11.3

So whats going to happen after 60MPH?????? Guessing after my 6.8 gets to 60MPH it will be about 6lbs lighter because a gallon of gas is gone and the end of the 1/4 mile will be approaching soon.....

Ford Excursion 0-60 1/4 mile fuel economy

Not a lot of 1/4 mile information out there on the Excursion for some reason.....

Old 03-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
"Installed" a Husky cargo liner.
I need one of those for The Monster, how much?

Old 03-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
I need one of those for The Monster, how much?
Looks like it when up a few dollars within the last 2 days. I got it for $97.31. Now $102.95. As you can see this is the one that goes behind the 3rd row.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00

Zo

Old 03-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Finally got off my butt and painted my new rear diff cover Now I just need to polish the inside and get the correct hardware to install it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.