Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 02-26-2016, 02:16 PM
freesoul
Senior User
freesoul has a good reputation on FTE.freesoul has a good reputation on FTE.freesoul has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
So after 7 hours today I completed the bearing replacement in my rear. The pinion bearing was in bad shape and I am glad I took care of it before it imploded. It was a bear to get back in the housing and I ended up cracking one of the spacers but it wasn't really bad so I am leaving it in and will keep an eye on it. Fortunately there was no spring in the clutch pack because it could have been worse. Topped it off with AMSOIL synthetic gear oil, should be ready for another 150K miles at least.

Dang thing is heavy, sucks not having a lift.

less than 4 years and 60K miles later, getting same symptoms again and having a truetrac installed and entire rear rebuilt in 2 weeks.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:34 PM
05MilMachine
Posting Guru
05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future05MilMachine has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
Wow, everything looks so shiny.

Ours needs some tlc I guess.
Sweet. I notice your exhaust has had the restrictive Y pipe corrected to a normal size pipe. Something I have yet to do to mine.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Magnus E
Posting Guru
Magnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud ofMagnus E has much to be proud of
Cool beans! Did you ask why he hasn't finished the last book yet?

Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

GEORGE R R MARTIN BITCHES!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Man that rear end looks great with finned aluminum own cover.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:02 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Country_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 05MilMachine View Post
Sweet. I notice your exhaust has had the restrictive Y pipe corrected to a normal size pipe. Something I have yet to do to mine.
It does? Lol. What else? I see it still has the leaf springs though...

Old 02-26-2016, 04:30 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
nmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputation
Got the Ex back over a week ago and never bothered to post pics...

Had it down in the pit today sighting in my new .223 and after almost 60mm of rain the past two days just about got it stuck. The mud flaps up front really help to keep the mud off the body (as they should I guess lol) .223 shoots like a dream and the Ex didn't get stuck. A good day.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:33 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
You canooks are not allowed weapons I thought?

Old 02-26-2016, 04:49 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
Wow, everything looks so shiny.

Ours needs some tlc I guess.

Hahaha !!!! Wow do I wish mine looked like that underneath !

Old 02-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
GEORGE R R MARTIN BITCHES!!!!!!
Who?

Originally Posted by Magnus E View Post
Cool beans! Did you ask why he hasn't finished the last book yet?
What book?

Nevermind, I Googled him.

Stewart

Old 02-26-2016, 04:53 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Who?

What book?

Nevermind, I Googled him.

Stewart

Honestly, that was my reaction, I had to google him as well...

Old 02-26-2016, 04:58 PM
Jointasset
Senior User
Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.Jointasset has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by nmclella View Post
Got the Ex back over a week ago and never bothered to post pics...

Had it down in the pit today sighting in my new .223 and after almost 60mm of rain the past two days just about got it stuck. The mud flaps up front really help to keep the mud off the body (as they should I guess lol) .223 shoots like a dream and the Ex didn't get stuck. A good day.

~2.4 inches of rain

Old 02-26-2016, 05:18 PM
TEASE
Freshman User
TEASE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Took the Ex on a 300 mile trip to pick up a used trailer I couldnt pass up. First time towing with her and she did great.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:23 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by USCG_PA View Post
Honestly, that was my reaction, I had to google him as well...
Courtesy of Abraham, a version of this went through my head:

Stewart

Old 02-26-2016, 05:27 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Country_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud ofCountry_Mouse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TEASE View Post
Took the Ex on a 300 mile trip to pick up a used trailer I couldnt pass up. First time towing with her and she did great.

How heavy is that trailer? Hard to tell from my phone's screen but your front fenders look a bit high. Are you using a weight distribution hitch?

P.s. Nice Ex!

Old 02-26-2016, 05:32 PM
TEASE
Freshman User
TEASE is starting off with a positive reputation.
How heavy is that trailer? Hard to tell from my phone's screen but your front fenders look a bit high. Are you using a weight distribution hitch?

ZP.s. Nice Ex!
Yes the front was up alittle. The only hitch I had was a aluminum 6" drop. it wasnt enough drop for sure. The trail was 24 x 8.5 nothing heavy. I'm looking at weight distrbution hitchs for my trip this summer and some other goodies.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.