Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 02-22-2016, 06:57 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN
Jmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputation

Got a new work truck (2013) to replace the 2001 f250 I bought new. Just need a 4x4. First tow from WV back to NC I was impressed to say the least! Well milage kinda sucked, but 75 through WV hills will do that haha.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:58 AM
RobRoss
Posting Guru
RobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud of
On Friday I perfromed my 155K mile oil change, filter, rotated tires, greased all zerks, checked mesh load in steering box and upgraded the rear back up bulbs to LEDs that were mentioned (I think) earlier in this thread. It was in the low 60's that nice, nice day to wrench a little bit!

Old 02-22-2016, 08:26 AM
Ronnie Shierling
FTE Chapter Leader
Ronnie Shierling has a good reputation on FTE.Ronnie Shierling has a good reputation on FTE.Ronnie Shierling has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by hav24wheel View Post
Are your wheels pointed strait in this pic of the steering stabilizer???

Somethings a miss here is they are...
Yes, and I fixed the problem that you are refferring too

Old 02-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Oilfield Trash
Senior User
Oilfield Trash has a good reputation on FTE.Oilfield Trash has a good reputation on FTE.
[QUOTE=RobRoss;16065275]
Originally Posted by Oilfield Trash View Post

The 5100 rear springs need at least 3" of lift, otherwise they are too long and you may bottom out the shock.

I wonder ATS would suggest such a shock for the rear if there is a chance of me bottoming them out?

Old 02-22-2016, 09:36 AM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
[QUOTE=Oilfield Trash;16065888]
Originally Posted by RobRoss View Post

I wonder ATS would suggest such a shock for the rear if there is a chance of me bottoming them out?
Call Jr and ask.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:40 AM
mikenamys
Senior User
mikenamys is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gonna wash her today and get the latest layer of calcium chloride off. 45 degrees out now so I may just bucket wash outside and tough-out the cold hands...

Old 02-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Mikpsdad
Senior User
Mikpsdad has a good reputation on FTE.Mikpsdad has a good reputation on FTE.Mikpsdad has a good reputation on FTE.
Gonna bust out the sawzall.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:19 AM
RBerry9511
Senior User
RBerry9511 has a great reputation on FTE.RBerry9511 has a great reputation on FTE.RBerry9511 has a great reputation on FTE.RBerry9511 has a great reputation on FTE.
Getting my tires rebalanced and rotated topping off the fluids and general maintenance for an upcoming trip to WA. Finally going to get the 5 lbs of weights off one of my tires.....lol

Old 02-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Mikpsdad View Post
Your gonna cut them tires off with it and install ones that fit?

Old 02-22-2016, 12:09 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Mikpsdad View Post
Bushwasker cut outs?

Old 02-22-2016, 12:36 PM
phager
Freshman User
phager is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Had a pretty productive morning. Changed the oil with some Castrol Syntech 5W20. Swapped out the original steering stabilizer with a Rancho 5000. Then moved around to the back and spliced in two new license plate lights. Tomorrow it goes in for front brakes, ball joint and alignment.

Only thing I'm having issues with is the tow connector is MIA. I found the 8 pin rectangular connector on the frame rail under the driver's door intact, and was able to follow that back to the fuel tank area and then it disappears. Any ideas on where the factory connector might be hiding?

Old 02-22-2016, 12:51 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
[QUOTE=Oilfield Trash;16064797]
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post

After a few long conversations with Jr at ATS we decided that Modified C codes would be the way to go for me. Supposedly it wont raise my ride height very much But will increase the stability. Ill get them installed middle of March(once I get back home) along with the Bilstein 5100 in the rear and a Hellwig. Just need to decide if the I need the 5100s up front or the 4600. Jr also told me that there is nothing available for the front coils unless I want a harsher ride. So not sure on that yet

Oh I forgot I got the Edge Insight CTS installed and love it but kicking myself for not getting one with the juice. I removed the Rear defroster switch and installed it there. Not a good spot thou the shifter blocks it and no pictures so it didn't happen

Ordered one expandable probe for the EGTs but plan on ordering 2 more Probes for the other side EGTs and one for Water Temp.
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
I would say 5100's all around. I did them in front with the stabilizer and Pro Comp ES9000's out back. I think the rear is a bit softer though.
[QUOTE=RobRoss;16065275]

The 5100 rear springs need at least 3" of lift, otherwise they are too long and you may bottom out the shock.
Originally Posted by RobRoss View Post

[QUOTE=mecdac;16065907]

Call Jr and ask.
Yes, get on the horn with Junior! I think that those modded C codes are going to give you somewhere close to that needed 3" of lift, but I'm not sure if that is what you really want on the rear of your RWD EX? Unless you are looking at something for the front coil springs too?

Old 02-22-2016, 01:03 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
[QUOTE=WE3ZS;16066447][QUOTE=Oilfield Trash;16064797]

[QUOTE=RobRoss;16065275]

Originally Posted by mecdac View Post

Yes, get on the horn with Junior! I think that those modded C codes are going to give you somewhere close to that needed 3" of lift, but I'm not sure if that is what you really want on the rear of your RWD EX? Unless you are looking at something for the front coil springs too?
Tom, every quote is backwards, WTH?

Old 02-22-2016, 01:17 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Drunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant futureDrunken_Unicorn has a brilliant future
[QUOTE=mecdac;16066491][QUOTE=WE3ZS;16066447][QUOTE=Oilfield Trash;16064797]

[QUOTE=RobRoss;16065275]

Tom, every quote is backwards, WTH?

Defeated by code....

Old 02-22-2016, 01:18 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn View Post

Defeated by code....
I tried to rep you,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.